It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS News reporting cabinet members discussing 25th

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
These gutless wonders in the Cabinet won't do a damn thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
He commits sedition against the legislative branch of the government. Trump is the executive branch. Are you sure you went to those classes?

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: carewemust

No...it needs to be done for a variety of reasons like having the nuclear football in trusted hands, continuity of government, having a Commander-in-Chief that can be trusted to make decisions in the event of a threat.

Trump essentially committed among other crimes like sedition, domestic terrorism by encouraging his followers to do something yesterday. This is not forgiveable.

I can it pray Mr. Pence does what is necessary.

"Sedition" is advocating the overthrow of the government.

Trump is literally the head of the government.

How could he commit "sedition" against himself?

Jeebus, do they teach civics in school anymore?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavesofchaos
He commits sedition against the legislative branch of the government. Trump is the executive branch. Are you sure you went to those classes?

No...it needs to be done for a variety of reasons like having the nuclear football in trusted hands, continuity of government, having a Commander-in-Chief that can be trusted to make decisions in the event of a threat.

Trump essentially committed among other crimes like sedition, domestic terrorism by encouraging his followers to do something yesterday. This is not forgiveable.

It was a protest, not sedition. The only violence was committed by the capital police. The rats in congress are mad because they don't like being reminded that they're supposed to be our servants, not our masters.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Almost 30 years as a lawyer, including practicing constitutional law, and teaching at a major law school.

Pretty sure I got the concept.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Almost 30 years as a lawyer, including practicing constitutional law, and teaching at a major law school.

So from a purely legal standpoint what good would going after a 25A removal this close to a political turn over do?

Does it prevent Trump from running in 2024, or is there some kind of little talked about stipulation with the 25A that is being overlooked?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

So from a purely legal standpoint what good would going after a 25A removal this close to a political turn over do?

Does it prevent Trump from running in 2024, or is there some kind of little talked about stipulation with the 25A that is being overlooked?

I'm pretty sure they're afraid he's going to order the military to arrest everyone in congress, or something along those lines.

It's pretty pointless. If the military is willing to do that, then they'll almost certainly ignore any moves regarding the 25th Amendment, or impeachment. If they aren't willing to do it, then it's irrelevant anyway.
edit on 7-1-2021 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would be willing to let the Republican stacked Supreme Court decide if it was sedition or not. Can we make that happen?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Hell. I say F the 25th. America about to get down on the 2nd and 86 some politicians is what’s gonna happen shortly

why hasn't this poster been banned????

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Apparently happening now
link

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
report him..

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Because we only get warned for going off topic if we are saying Orange man bad.. Not if we are on the other side here. This site is complicit in this garbage.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

It was a protest, not sedition. The only violence was committed by the capital police. The rats in congress are mad because they don't like being reminded that they're supposed to be our servants, not our masters.

In is mini rally at the Whitehouse he told supporter to fight harder told them to marched on the capitol and that he was going with them that they where together...when they start walking Trump the coward went in the Whitehouse to watch it on TV...What a brave caward

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: slatesteam
Hell. I say F the 25th. America about to get down on the 2nd and 86 some politicians is what’s gonna happen shortly

why hasn't this poster been banned????

report him...

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

The reason Trump was elected in the first place was that too many were already pissed off at Washington DC politicians.

And then get right back in with 2 of them. I want to laugh but I can't.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In an unsurprising move, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao (aka Mrs. Mitch McConnell) has decided to resign instead of actually taking a position on this issue.

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It’s going to be a lonely couple of weeks for Trump with his staff now bailing on him after yesterday, along with the big letdown he got from Pence-

www.businessinsider.com...

As for the 25th, well, I’m not surprised Pelosi is going to keep going after him. I don’t think she’s going to quit until Biden’s ass has thoroughly warmed the chair behind the Resolute. She, however, is not the only one. I stayed up until 2:30AM watching the counting and heard several members of Congress calling for the 25th, from both sides.

I don’t see it in him to just shut up and wait it out. He’s probably got Giuliani in his ear telling him the next step and he’s dumb enough to believe he’s got another shot. I’ve seen a few posters today claiming he’s not done yet, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump is thinking the same thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
At this point I would not be suprised seeing Russian troops land on our beaches.

I am very concerned with what I am seeing.

WOLVERINES!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: panoz77

I doubt it. Those who support him are too stupid to be able actually put together a formidable Army.

Those of us who do not support Trump far out number Trump's people, we also have guns that we can use much more effectively.

Invoking the 25th will send a clear message that what Trump has done is NOT acceptable and NOT be tolerated, even if it's only symbloic.

You going to call China for help?

Asking for a egg roll.

You misspelled egg rorr.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Congress and their media mouths are attempting to use the 25th to cover up their coup.

It is similar to what they tried to pull with the Russia Russia Russia hoax. They used it to cover up their illegal spying which, imo, was part and parcel of the DS's coup attempt.

Think what these people have to lose! They have spent years, sometimes decades, forming their little alliances, setting up their pay-to-play schemes, and going global with it all.

I wonder who got part of the $400,000,000 as a kickback or "campaign" contribution.

This is why they hate Trump so much. Draining the corrupt and putrid swamp terrified these people, both R's and D's.
edit on 7-1-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The more I think about it, the madder I get at the way Congress is reacting.

Leftists radicals spent the last year looting, burning, and assaulting police in cities across America. Nobody in Congress cared. Half of them explicitly supported the rioters, or covered for them by saying the protests were "mostly peaceful". (No way.)

But then conservative protestors arrive in DC to protest election fraud. There is no looting, burning, or assaulting police. To the contrary, the only injuries are inflicted on the protestors by the police. Congress absolutely goes apesh!t, calling them traitors, and wanting to crucify Trump for daring to arrange a protest.

Screw you, Azzholes. You're mad that you were made to feel uncomfortable, and that people were angry at your gross failure to do your job of representing the people who elected you.

In the immortal words of the Joker in the Tim Burton Batman movie, "This town needs an enema!"
He wasn't wrong about that.
edit on 7-1-2021 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join