It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an increase from 600 to 2000 That big of a deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

McConnell blocks Senate Democrats' move to pass $2,000 coronavirus checks

I agree with Trump, 600 is chump change. I have no skin in the game as we do not get any.
I know some people are desperately needing these funds like yesterday.
It would be good to know the funds will help some bridge the gap. There are a lot of countries
that have helped it's citizens so much more. At this point it seems too little too late...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here's a crazy idea: How bout we allow free citizens to make decisions that are in their own best interests?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well it's only $900 billion..
I better make sure to pay my taxes so foreign countries can get their money.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I'd say it's the akin to the difference between without lube or with lube.

And you're not given a choice.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This will be the 3rd thread on the subject.

Just sayin...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think Trump wants to WIN at being the president who has increased the deficit the most in 4 years, if he hasn't so already.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Out of all of this I am just happy that so much more of my tax money is going to help needy people and governments in other countries. I’ll sleep better tonight without that weight on my shoulders and just get in the back of the line with the rest of the dirty Americans.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I'd say it's the akin to the difference between without lube or with lube.

And you're not given a choice.

So which would you choose?!!
Exactly..

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Out of all of this I am just happy that so much more of my tax money is going to help needy people and governments in other countries. I’ll sleep better tonight without that weight on my shoulders and just get in the back of the line with the rest of the dirty Americans.

Anyone that read any part of that bill knows there is a bunch of crap in it, but at this point what can be done?
I don't understand why a single bill just to help Americans can't be done (well I do know but you know)
At this point, I would rather people that need it have 2000 vs 600 because we know that's probably all that they will get for a while.

Let me back up by saying I do not think this was the best method to help people but am talking more about at this point...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Because they don’t want to help us. They want to keep dividing us further by arguing which team blocked it this time. I think they are literally trying to ignite a spark. They may well get it before all is said and done.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Because they don’t want to help us. They want to keep dividing us further by arguing which team blocked it this time. I think they are literally trying to ignite a spark. They may well get it before all is said and done.

Well at this point they are dividing Republicans and that should get interesting..

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Agreed. The right will generally take right much but at some point they will break and they'll be done. When they are done... bad things start to happen. IMO of course.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I believe the 600 to 2000 handout is a distraction from what is really passing in the almost 6000 page bill. In other words the 600 dollars arguing for 2000, is what they want us to be upset about, not the new laws and foreign aid, if you can even call it that. I wanna know how Pakistan, persuaded our government for millions of dollars for sex change therapy. I really wanna see that public record.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
I believe the 600 to 2000 handout is a distraction from what is really passing in the almost 6000 page bill. In other words the 600 dollars arguing for 2000, is what they want us to be upset about, not the new laws and foreign aid, if you can even call it that. I wanna know how Pakistan, persuaded our government for millions of dollars for sex change therapy. I really wanna see that public record.

I skimmed through the document. If you search the word fish it comes up like 127+ times, yes fish...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I think Trump wants to WIN at being the president who has increased the deficit the most in 4 years, if he hasn't so already.

What a f*cking joke. The Democrats engineer an emergency and you want to blame Trump for the deficit. Let's face it. The first stimulus was going to happen whether or not Trump signed the bill. You have Democrat Governors destroying the economy of their States so that they can blame Trump.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

😛 I am being sarcastic, but seriously what the hell. Not sure how we will be looking 365 days from now.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

What a f*cking joke. The Democrats engineer an emergency and you want to blame Trump for the deficit. Let's face it. The first stimulus was going to happen whether or not Trump signed the bill. You have Democrat Governors destroying the economy of their States so that they can blame Trump.

Hold on there a minute, answer this question..
What was the Trump Deficit before Covid?

edit on 29-12-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

😛 I am being sarcastic, but seriously what the hell. Not sure how we will be looking 365 days from now.

I fear we are going to see a Let them eat cake moment in history....

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Kodak got a big $3/4's of a Billion hand out. To, ahhh, make drugs?? HA! Just like every issue it's a really cool ploy to divide us on issues that will never be resolved because it gets "Them" voted in. (R or D) Abortion, Guns and on and on and on.. It's a joke that so many get sucked into this.a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It’s not gonna be good, would love someone to convince me otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join