It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an increase from 600 to 2000 That big of a deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Soooo, Mitch didn't approve it but wants to draw out a very simple response to perpetuity? I don't get it. It's either you approve it or not.
a reply to: Jaellma

it's not drawn out, it will get voted on this week.

it's been tied to section 230 reform and election fraud investigations... so in order to pass the 2k increase they need to vote in conjunction on section 230 reform and election fraud investigation as well

He did this to guarantee the Democrats will not let the $2000 pass, becuase they would have to pass 230 reform and fraud investigation as well...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The House increased the amount to two grand but did not take any of the pork out of the bill. The House would have just have to taken two billion of bacon out of the bill and I think the Senate would have approved it.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I guess McConnell either really likes coffee or really hates being Senate Majority Leader. Because if he tries to go on vacation before bringing this to vote he's going to be in for a long night with another classic Bernie filibuster.

And if he does bring it to a vote and it doesn't pass then those Georgia Senate seats are definitely going Blue.
edit on 12/29/2020 by Xcalibur254 because: Nvm thread title got changed and I got confused.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hells yeah it is.

A case of Pabst costs $24. Thats 25 cases or 25 days supply.

$2000 equals out to around 83 caases...so 83 days supply.

Damned skippy it makes a diff!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: incoserv

I'd say it's the akin to the difference between without lube or with lube.

And you're not given a choice.

So which would you choose?!!
Exactly..

Frankly, I don't care for either. That money is NOT "free" money. But then again, the US is so far in debt we'll never get out of it. If the President does enact that 2018 EO, then maybe he'll cancel all debt to every country that is involved in the fraude. If that the case, it'd help our national debt, but the after-effects could be interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
President Trump says Republicans are committing party suicide if the Senate does not vote, or votes against the $2,000.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Out of all of this I am just happy that so much more of my tax money is going to help needy people and governments in other countries. I’ll sleep better tonight without that weight on my shoulders and just get in the back of the line with the rest of the dirty Americans.

Anyone that read any part of that bill knows there is a bunch of crap in it, but at this point what can be done?
I don't understand why a single bill just to help Americans can't be done (well I do know but you know)
At this point, I would rather people that need it have 2000 vs 600 because we know that's probably all that they will get for a while.

Let me back up by saying I do not think this was the best method to help people but am talking more about at this point...

I guess Nancy wasn't listening, we waited 2 months for a tacked on $600

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Good. And may the Dems follow suit.

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

To be fair Pelosi and Trump were negotiating back in October and they were pretty much agreed on getting stimulus checks sent out.

McConnell stepped in and said that Trump needed to stop because Pelosi was negotiating in bad faith.

At that point negotiations stalled and here we are today.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Really?? I need to find out more about that and see if they can backdate any expenses. Thanks.

They told us when the money ran out it was gone, BUT keep an eye for it this go around.

On another note, I actually called my friends and told them about it, and guess how many listened to me.
0, yes 0. Then after the money was gone they tried to get some and were mad.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Frankly, I don't care for either. That money is NOT "free" money. But then again, the US is so far in debt we'll never get out of it.

Same here, like I said I have no skin in it other than my future taxes.
At the same time I feel like if they are going to do anything go ahead and do 2000 or at the very least 1200 like the first one.
Not sure where they came up with $600.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I think Trump wants to WIN at being the president who has increased the deficit the most in 4 years, if he hasn't so already.

Hmm which other president in recent memory has had to deal with a global pandemic? If Trump didn't pass stimulus packages would that make him worse? SMFH

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

www.yahoo.com...

McConnell blocks Senate Democrats' move to pass $2,000 coronavirus checks

I agree with Trump, 600 is chump change. I have no skin in the game as we do not get any.
I know some people are desperately needing these funds like yesterday.
It would be good to know the funds will help some bridge the gap. There are a lot of countries
that have helped it's citizens so much more. At this point it seems too little too late...

I forsee a big market correction in 2021 after all this pump.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

$600 would only cover half of Gov Newsom’s $1,200 a plate White Truffle and Caviar dinner bill, $2,000 would almost pay for him and his wife at $2,400 for the two, with only a $400 out of pocket cost to him, excluding tip of course.

You really have to look at this from a realistic perspective we can all relate to.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I forsee a big market correction in 2021 after all this pump.

It's long overdue and I think it is going to be a real shock to some when it happens..

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The cryptocurrency market seems to agree.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The cryptocurrency market seems to agree.

My parent have said some very scary things to me lately.
They have seen a lot in their lives and they both sense bad times ahead (economically)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Hells yeah it is.

A case of Pabst costs $24. Thats 25 cases or 25 days supply.

$2000 equals out to around 83 caases...so 83 days supply.

Damned skippy it makes a diff!!!!

Just think about the poor SOB’s drinking their IPA and Craft beer! They’re starting out screwed either way.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

What I mean by this is , A lot of People are going to take this money and spend it on Drugs , Alcohol and Gambling or worse .

There are Families who need this money desperately yes , but there are also way to many people who are going to end up killing themselves or getting killed over this money.

Money fixes nothing .

Money will keep them from stealing it from a lot of people.
How they spend it won't change, never will, how they get it is more of a concern.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Anyone who understands basic economics knows. Were headed for very bad times indeed. The debt was untenable 2 decades ago. The spending further out than that.

We, the people have been sold out and leveraged.

Its multi generational now

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join