It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK and EU reach trade deal. Brexit is over

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: RAY1990

a reply to: TechnoAssassin1

EU laws, we still can’t deport terrorist

Yes we can.

The UK will be no loger answerable to The European Court Of Justice.

We still abide by international and national laws.

Therefore there'll be no extraditions or refusal of refugee status if the individuals can be assumed to be at risk.

This applies to prosecutions we would deem severe, unjust or barbaric. So terrorists aren't going anywhere since we cannot guarantee they'd receive a fair trial or humane treatment.

I'm fairly sure our extradition process is based on dual law, as in they could be prosecuted in either nation on similar laws with similar punishments.

You're wrong.

The Trade Deal Agreed States

The Downing Street spokesperson said, however, that the agreement would guarantee that the UK was “no longer in the lunar pull of the EU, we are not bound by EU rules, there is no role for the European court of justice and all of our key red lines about returning sovereignty have been achieved.”

www.theguardian.com...

It was that court which was stopping The UK from deporting terrorists previously.

European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) "has thwarted more planned deportations by Britain than any other country". This particular claim centres upon 'Rule 39', and the remit of the Court to sit in judgement on appeals from individuals against deportation by member states.

fullfact.org...

The European Court of justice and the European Court of Human Rights are completely separate institutions.

edit on 24-12-2020 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I might not have supported brexit but am glad we have got a deal and I hope this works out fot the U.K. and EU

It will be interesting though to get a look at the details.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: RAY1990

a reply to: TechnoAssassin1

EU laws, we still can’t deport terrorist

Yes we can.

The UK will be no loger answerable to The European Court Of Justice.

We still abide by international and national laws.

Therefore there'll be no extraditions or refusal of refugee status if the individuals can be assumed to be at risk.

This applies to prosecutions we would deem severe, unjust or barbaric. So terrorists aren't going anywhere since we cannot guarantee they'd receive a fair trial or humane treatment.

I'm fairly sure our extradition process is based on dual law, as in they could be prosecuted in either nation on similar laws with similar punishments.

You're wrong.

The Trade Deal Agreed States

The Downing Street spokesperson said, however, that the agreement would guarantee that the UK was “no longer in the lunar pull of the EU, we are not bound by EU rules, there is no role for the European court of justice and all of our key red lines about returning sovereignty have been achieved.”

www.theguardian.com...

It was that court which was stopping The UK from deporting terrorists previously.

European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) "has thwarted more planned deportations by Britain than any other country". This particular claim centres upon 'Rule 39', and the remit of the Court to sit in judgement on appeals from individuals against deportation by member states.

fullfact.org...

The European Court of justice and the European Court of Human Rights are completely separate institutions.

I know. However.

The EU and UK have been at pains to emphasise the importance of continuing co-operation in the fight against terrorism and organised crime, although talks in this area were complicated by Britain’s determination to escape the ECJ’s jurisdiction

www.ft.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am glad to hear that they got it done. But I do not trust the EU, they will use any trick in the book to sabatoge the UK. I think anything they did has loopholes in it that benefit the EU

Why would the EU even need to do this, the UK is already using every trick in the book to the sabotage the UK.

Either way from what I gather of the deal the UK will still have to follow all EU regulations except now they have no say whatsoever about those regulations.

Huzzah to sovereignty!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I might not have supported brexit but am glad we have got a deal and I hope this works out fot the U.K. and EU

Being honest and realistic felt the same way before and after the vote......................It been a extremely concerning period of time the past half decade and the prospect of alternating from free tradeing economy whereby we were totally integrated into the European eco system to one where tariffs within the exact same system were appli9ed.

Free trade is where the British islands have flourished throughout the past 350 years bar forcing our exports on certain Imperial acquisitions. If our leadership can gain political independence from Brussels while maintraining free trade then I'm completely more than happy to admit I got it wrong that there could only be free trade by being a member of the European Union. Maybe the gamble has been worth it

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's too early to have read the fine print but it appears, surprise surprise, that both sides have enough "wins" for it to be a decent, fair deal - at least at first glance.

However, to be realistic (or a downer, whichever fits better!), this is an agreement between the negotiating teams. It still has to be signed off by the European Parliament and by Westminster, neither of which is guaranteed.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that the EU expects that the NWO/WEF Great Reset will occur before the UK can be completely free from the tyranny of Germany/EU? The UK is already under the COVID lockdowns and that is a key aspect of the Great Reset.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It will be interesting though to get a look at the details.

Surprising reply from you, I was waiting for you come in and slam the deal completely. It seems you are a reasonable person after all and perhaps not as hardcore left as I thought.

Merry Xmas to you

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Have you ever considered that actually Brexit is now done and we now have our freedom and sovereignty back as of now?

And that this "great reset" of yours is not an actual thing?

So much for the supposed Globalist agenda.

Hello? Reality calling? Anybody there?

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Happy Christmas to you.

I never thought we would get this deal but I guess the EU want to flog us their BMWs and Mercs not that I'd buy them.

Keep looking for those orb motherships mate.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: fusionfilm

All I wanted as a brexit supporter was to be able to hold the people who make our laws accountable at the ballot box.
Something we were unable to do under the EU system.

Eh, So you are going to hold the Queen and the house of Lords accountable at the ballot box?. Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

All I wanted as a brexit supporter was to be able to hold the people who make our laws accountable at the ballot box.
Something we were unable to do under the EU system.

Eh, So you are going to hold the Queen and the house of Lords accountable at the ballot box?. Good luck with that.

Neither The Queen or The House Of Lords make laws.

You know that already.
edit on 24-12-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Happy Christmas to you to OldCarpy
Many thanks for the recommmendations on looking for the the ufo motherships
Pass on the same advice for keeping an eye out for flaming logs flying through the skys of inner London

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: pteridine

Have you ever considered that actually Brexit is now done and we now have our freedom and sovereignty back as of now?

And that this "great reset" of yours is not an actual thing?

So much for the supposed Globalist agenda.

Hello? Reality calling? Anybody there?

Carpy, in case you missed it, ATS is a conspiracy website. The Great Reset is a topic on conspiracy websites and is on the WEF website.
If Brexit is done, do you see the signed and sealed documents by GB and the EU saying so?

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The EU caved. Boris is doing a victory lap whilst the EU members are wandering around with glum faces.

There are minor concessions, but we are now in control of our laws, our courts, our borders AND we have a free trade deal with the EU AND we can enter free trade deals with any other country with zero involvement of the EU.
edit on 24/12/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Happy Christmas to you.

I never thought we would get this deal but I guess the EU want to flog us their BMWs and Mercs not that I'd buy them.

Keep looking for those orb motherships mate.

Yup - the EU hit the panic button as the date approached for their entire economy to collapse.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
At the link below you can have a basic idea of what the agreement entails.

At the bottom of the page there are links to various pdfs, one in particular gives a two column comparison of what the main changes are. Direct Download

European Commission EU/UK Agreement Information

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So Britain finally got rid of its clingy relationship with the bipolar sisters of the European Union.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

While I am reticent to believe anything that these well paid professional liars tell the people, I certainly hope it is true. It would be satisfying to see the Brits escape the clutches of the E.U., maybe even regain some lost autonomy.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

From your BBC link, which is dated 2016 btw. I found that it's only referencing criminals that are EU citizens.

My point was by British law we do not extradite to nations that have (by our standards) unjust courts and/or punishments deemed inhumane, such as the death penalty. This applies to deportation too.

We've signed the treaties, in our eyes these are basic human rights. It's all reflected in our laws and non of them were dictated to us by the EU. Fact is EU and respective nation's laws were highly compatible with ours, even the Eastern European nations. Because they have to abide by EU law, which obviously uses human rights as a foundation.

We had plenty of laws that other EU nations didn't and vice versa, that's never been a major issue anyways as long as human rights are followed. Your link wasn't about national laws or jurisdiction anyways, it was about deportation of EU nationals and by right they had freedom of movement once they're no longer incarcerated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join