It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Free Community College & University

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

We think alike on this subject! I was typing while you posted that.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think everything should be free.

Food, cars, housing, why stop at education?

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You can also have a some talent that provides you with a college education via scholarship: academic or athletic. I had a mix of the two, and while it didn't cover all of mine, it covered enough to get most of my bill covered.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You forgot the labor. If everything else is free, so is the labor!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You forgot the labor. If everything else is free, so is the labor!

It's ridiculous!

The left clamoring on about free this and free that.

We make colleges "free" then everyone will go.

Now not everyone can excel in college, so what will they do?

Lower standards so everyone can pass.

It's always been about equal outcomes and not equal opportunities.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Most of the left are children.

They're perfectly fine with making money and spending it. What they don't like is being responsible. They want to be able to view their entire income as merely disposable fun money to do with as they please without having to budget like adults for food, money, rent, insurance, etc., -- all the icky responsibilities of life.

But going back to free labor ...

It'll be awesome when they discover that free labor means the labor works however long it has to to produce the needs of the state, even if that means 6 day weeks at 12 hours +/day.
edit on 24-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Military service paid for a bachelor's and masters in full. ( I didn't go to a brick and mortar name school)

_–----++++++

Even if school is free that won't stop idiots from choosing gender studies or liberal arts degrees.

And we will be right back to I got a college degree and can't get work.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Too late.

Have you seen the lines wrapping around the block on the days businesses advertise they are hiring?

We have far more applicants than jobs all across America, the majority of them with college degrees they may never get the chance to use.

I am big on teaching a trade or skill. You may not be able to make six figures, but you will be able to keep a roof overhead and feed the family.

You have a better chance at being able to barter if things get tight, and your survival scale goes up a few notches.

I know a medical doctor that quit and became a plumber. He says he in better health, has more quality time with his family, and is comfortable financially.

All college degrees are guarantees to employment, or wealth.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There are lots of college degrees that have little practical use too.

As far as making 6 digits, you don't need to in many parts of the country in order to live a relatively comfortable life so long as you keep your debt in check. Not paying your college loans makes living on something between 50 and 100K a decent life for the average person. Put a couple of those together, or even one of those with a part-time income, and you have a reasonable family living.

Your standard trades can get you there.

edit on 24-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Now not everyone can excel in college, so what will they do? Lower standards so everyone can pass.

I mentioned Europe in my post. The standards were not lowered, it was actually harder to get in.
Not sure what will happen here but i doubt doors will just open for everyone. You still will have to academically qualify most likely.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Now not everyone can excel in college, so what will they do? Lower standards so everyone can pass.

I mentioned Europe in my post. The standards were not lowered, it was actually harder to get in.
Not sure what will happen here but i doubt doors will just open for everyone. You still will have to academically qualify most likely.

You're kidding, right?

If the "right" proportions of faces don't get in with standards, then the standards will be changed to make sure that happens. Generally speaking, it means standards are either lowered or outright discrimination against people with certain faces occurs.

If the standards are simply lowered, it does indeed mean the doors will be opened for just about anybody. Of course, they will say that you still have to academically qualify, but at the point where all you have to do for that is not mislabel which color is blue ... well, you understand where we're going.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
back in the 60s cultural revolution when i shared leftist thinking... free community college seem 'proper thing to do'

specific training in currently needed workforce manpower, was the idea behind the social engineering...
it seemed innocent enough, but in deeper thinking - the idea stunk of communism/ marxism to my still developing life outlook

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In my state the first two years is paid by lottery money.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not everyone should go to college.

If a person drops out should they have to repay the “free” schooling that they got? A return in investment is needed otherwise where is the incentive to stay?

Learning a trade can lead to a very comfortable life. The world doesn’t work well without electricians, plumbers and construction workers.

We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

educationdata.org...
edit on 24-12-2020 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Sorry kids I guess you'll just have to go to Community College I can't afford to pay for everyone else's public university and yours at the same time.

Hey if my kids emancipated from me prior to going to college will Joe Biden than pay for them to go to college for free?
edit on 24-12-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

True, but I left that off on purpose as it isn’t an option for everyone like the others are. You can make a very decent living mowing lawns or even washing cars which requires no special talent under number 4. Compared to football or academic scholarships.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It was the same at our community college.

There were limited classes available, so you had a better chance at getting a placement if you had better grades, but you did not have to have great grades. They would kick you out though if you didn't show a desire to suceed, and you did not have enough passing grades.

I worked with a number of students that were having trouble with the material, to assist them in improving their grades and staying in school.

The school would even encourage the students to decrease their course load to help with bringing up their grades, because the purpose, and the goal of the community college was helping the students succeed.

edit on 24-12-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

True, but I left that off on purpose as it isn’t an option for everyone like the others are. You can make a very decent living mowing lawns or even washing cars which requires no special talent under number 4. Compared to football or academic scholarships.

No, I understand that, but the point is that there are multiple avenues to get through school even if not all of them are available to all people. If one route is closed to you for whatever reason, then odds are that there is another way if you have the will for it.

Thing is that most people these days do not. They expect that everything they don't want to work for is to be handed to them because even the routes I took to get there were the culmination of a lot of hard work and effort over years.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Thing is that most people these days do not. They expect that everything they don't want to work for is to be handed to them because even the routes I took to get there were the culmination of a lot of hard work and effort over years.

I don't believe people should be handed a degree for zero work. I do think what we charge and expect students
to pay after is almost criminal.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join