It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Red UFO-UAP Transiting/Crossing The Moon - 20 December 2020 - 4:52pm - Nikon p900

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
I disagree. If the object were a satellite or an object flying high in the atmosphere, it would be continually in sunlight as it approached the line of sight of the Moon, and therefore it would not quickly brighten up as it reached the dark side of the Moon. The fact that it does brighten up proves that it was truly in the shadow of the Moon and therefore close to its surface, brightening up as the Sun came over its horizon and its light started to reflect off the surface of the object.

Then how does that explain the fact that the object darkens again when the Moon is not behind it, starting at around 0:43?

If it was close to the Moon it should still be catching the light from the Sun in the same way the Moon is.

Edited to add that it doesn't explain either why the object was slightly brighter at the start of the video, then gets dimmer, then brightens up again when it's close to the Moon's limb.
edit on 25/12/2020 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Santa had a few too many

a reply to: StarnatalSandia

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It’s a satellite. There are UFOs. This is not a UFO.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This animated GIF shows what I mean, as we can see the object getting brighter and then, after passing in front of the Moon, getting dimmer.

To do the animation I grabbed a frame every second from 6.033 up to 46.033. There's a missing frame from 44.033, as at that time the object was not in view.

The way the object appears to react to the light of the Moon makes me think of a translucent object, as a translucent object would refract the light from the Moon, appearing brighter when the Moon was behind it and dimmer when it was not.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Vey interesting footage StarnatalSandia

Two things playing on the mind after seeing the two clips

1 Can you guesstimate at the size of the craft from the footage

2 Could the so called shadow actually be some kind of mothership 'flying aid' like a flying wing / rudder or even what it reminded me of like a parachute some of our military planes use to slow their travel prior to landing on decent?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The shadow indicates the object is close to the surface of the moon, but something doesn't seem right. As any object flies past a spherical object, the shadow distance should change but it doesn't. If it was close to the surface all around the curvature, then you would not see the object fly PAST the moon.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Looks interesting. Did you check to see if there were any satellites passing overhead around earth that it could be?

A satellite wouldn't cast a shadow on the moon, too far away.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jseeley
The shadow indicates the object is close to the surface of the moon, but something doesn't seem right. As any object flies past a spherical object, the shadow distance should change but it doesn't. If it was close to the surface all around the curvature, then you would not see the object fly PAST the moon.

I was thinking the same thing also. Something doesn't sit right with the shadow.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

A shadow that doesn't point in the same direction as the other shadows and is not projected according to the known laws of optics is, most likely, not a shadow.

A darker colour may be just that and not a shadow. Our brains try to make everything we see into a 3D image, so we use lighter and darker colours as hints for creating a mental 3D image (or just to make an image appear clearer than it is, like the JPEG algorithm does).

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

A shadow that doesn't point in the same direction as the other shadows and is not projected according to the known laws of optics is, most likely, not a shadow.

A darker colour may be just that and not a shadow. Our brains try to make everything we see into a 3D image, so we use lighter and darker colours as hints for creating a mental 3D image (or just to make an image appear clearer than it is, like the JPEG algorithm does).

Yeah makes sense.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

So can it be a satellite?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
That is a satellite.

Nothing burger with regards to UFO's

Nice photography though.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What you're seeing here is a digital image.

Kiss goodbye to any optical laws, the end results comes from a computer and then compressed into a industry standard format. could look like spongebob in the right situation at that level of digital zoom.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FawnyKate
That is a satellite.

Nice photography though.

Prove it.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I suppose it can, but I don't have nay way of knowing.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What you're seeing here is a digital image.

Obviously.

Kiss goodbye to any optical laws, the end results comes from a computer and then compressed into a industry standard format. could look like spongebob in the right situation at that level of digital zoom.

No, if this is a recording of a real event then the optical laws still apply, even if they are then processed by some algorithm(s). None of the imaging algorithms I know change the direction of the shadow in an object while keeping it in all other shadows present in the video. The same can be said about how the brightness of the object appears to increase and decrease, although some algorithms change the brightness of the image they do not do it as much as we see in the video, otherwise nobody would use them, as they would make any video look completely different from the intended result.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I suppose it can, but I don't have nay way of knowing.

Can we get the exact time when the video was taken and then look up known satellite traffic and see if one could have been crossing the sky then and there?

But then I'm sure there are unknown military satellites.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

pause the video as it crosses the right edge of the sun into darkness, watch the crap that happens there.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

That is a satellite.

Nice photography though.

Prove it.

Eeerm, NO! I've got much better things to be doing than proving which one of the 6000 satallites orbiting earth this is.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wow thats some nice footage however I don't think thats actually a shadow produced by the object but a artifact of the optical equipment or video processing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join