It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens taught us how to harness the power of the atom...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The technology that enabled us to harness the atoms power to use as a weapon was handed down to our govt by an alien race.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Uforia_
The technology that enabled us to harness the atoms power to use as a weapon was handed down to our govt by an alien race.

Now the problem comes with the fact that the US goverment wasnt the first to check into nuclear bombs.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

for what purpose ? I would think the aliens would want to keep us dumb and plump, and our resources clean and pure, so they harvest as they wish

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Do you have any proof or something to hold up your statement, or is it entirely speculation?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i see what you mean....didnt really mean our govt....dont know why i wrote that sorry.....i really meant us as in the human race

[edit on 18-3-2005 by _Uforia_]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
and why do you think this??? in fact while ur making assumption aliens would hand down any knowledge to us including this specific item provide me with concrete proof that aliens (if they exist) are real.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Do you have any proof or something to hold up your statement, or is it entirely speculation?

Can we at least trouble you (_Uforia_) for a few lines as to WHY you feel this way, and to state whether it's an opinion or if you are trying to state it as a fact? Your wording indicates you are making this as a statement of fact...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
well assuming that they did hand us this technology, what would be the main reason for doing so? was it for the intention of war? for peace? power(elect)?

• did they give us some guidelines to work by?
• any warning about it?
• any formula's for cures, for any accidents we might have when handling it?

i just cant see a superior race just handing this over without any rules or some kind of structure. It just seems like a careless thing the U.S. or any other Country might do for the right price.

Unless it was some kind of test (or science project for them) to see what we would ultimately do with it. my guess if it was some kind of test we failed miserably big time. Who knows if we ended up using it for more constructive use, maybe they would have gave us a second look and have made contact with us already. But by this point they may just be waiting for us to die and they'll try again in a millennium or two.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Honestly, is it too much to think that possibly the human race has come up with some things on it's own?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

An interesting idea but simply saying something doesn't make it true - I could start a thread saying "The moon is made of cheese" and support it with various web references I'm sure... Don't worry, I don't intend starting such a thread.

The Manhattan Project was vast - why should we have to invoke the assistance of aliens here?

Just my two pence...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I doubt it was "given" to us...and it just might be putting the cart before the horse. It seems that intense sightings didn't occur until AFTER we detonated the bomb... Sure, there were sightings prior to this, but after '47, they were pretty much a national obsession...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
wouldn't the aliens know that we would war eachother with this atomic tech???

so, they would not have givin it to us...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
wouldn't the aliens know that we would war eachother with this atomic tech???

so, they would not have givin it to us...

Unless, of course, the alien entities thought that we would destroy ourselves, thereby giving them the solar system on a plate?? They could sit back, have a few beers, and watch the fun unfold perhaps? (The aliens are sneeky like that.....
)

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'd say prior to us having nukes....it pretty much would have been theirs on a silver platter... We saw how effective conventional weapons were in 1942...(i.e. nil). If conquest was their goal, it was theirs for the taking...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i think if anything we took it from them, either from a crash (1947) or another time.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
this is preposterous, especially the bit about it being given to the government. The scientific and technical research was in scientific and technical journals. What exactly are you claiming that the aliens gave to the US? And how did other countries develop nukes then?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new here so please excuse me. But I personally believe this: The first nuclear tests by our government caught the attention of someone. They sent more craft than they usually had observing us and one of them did crash. We got a lot of our technology from studying the pieces.

At some point shortly after, they made contact with our government and maybe others as well. The governments then worked out a trade. We get the technology and they get to do research on anyone that isn't a major government official that holds key information that may be a security risk. As long as the persons involved can't remember anything or there is no substantial evidence left behind, they could research and do hybrid testing on anyone they would like.

Having said that, like someone stated before, sightings became MUCH more frequent AFTER the detonation of the atomic bomb. Think about this, it took humans as a whole a few thousand years to figure out flight. Well, maybe not figure it out, but definitely to do it. Did you know that the first flight made by the Wright Brother's was only 102 years ago? We went from taking a few thousand years to figure it out, to 102 years later and we have space flight and jet's that will go up to 5 times the speed of sound. (At least that's the unclassified speed that was released to the public) The government’s technology is at LEAST 30 years ahead of any consumer product. Did you know that they had a version of Palm Pilots in Vietnam?

There are a lot of things that we get when the government moves on to the better things. We get the left over obsolete junk that they're tired of.

Well that's my little rant for now.

talic

[edit on 18-3-2005 by talicme]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
they don't want conquest, if so then we are already their slaves (aliens are either hostile to us or don't give a sh!t about us) they must be after something... or maybe they just like the tv, movies we make
it's like free cable

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All this time I thought it was Einstein. Those aliens are great at giving us false memories arent they?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Woops another double post.
So... aliens, why so interested in us anyway?

[edit on 18/3/05 by Croat56]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join