It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes legislation to decriminalize marijuana at federal level

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

originally posted by: PBL666

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I think it's laughable that 'hemp' and 'marijuana', although related, are not even the same plant.

The feds are just too dumb to tell the difference, hence hemp being banned!!

It is the same plant. Industrial hemp growers here do find their "no THC" strains actually do revert to having THC given the right water and nutrients. Growing industrial hemp you really dont need to irrigate and feed it, growing marketable cannabis you do.

As the Sativa and Indica, Sativa is preferred for industrial hemp because it grows taller and so has longer fibers, but both can produce THC and the other canibonoids that are sought for medicinal cannabis.

No they aren't the same. Hemp is bred to have low THC and used to make things like paper. Cannabis is bred to have low CBD and High THC. CBD keeps you from getting high. You can buy different types of Cannabis seeds with different ranges of Cannabinoid's. Get high cannabis usually has less than 1% CBD and 12 to 30% THC. I have grown cannabis with only 4% THC and 20% CBD. I use that for my asthma caused from allergies. You don't get high off of it. CBD works better with at least some THC also.

Uh, what? To follow your logic, Great Danes and Chihuahuas aren't both dogs? Or more easy for you to grasp here, wine and whiskey aren't both booze, eh?

You're wrong, period. The difference in the plants is no more astoundingly out there than differences between English Roses and Mini Roses. They're BOTH roses, just like Pot and Hemp are BOTH CANNABIS plants.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They are the same species but that's where it ends. I said. Hemp is bred to have THC levels below .3% and is used for fiber to make things with. Like clothes ropes plastic like materials etc.

Cannabis is used for recreation, medicine, etc etc

What is the difference between cannabis and hemp?

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Doctor Smith

There's no way there's death penalty for any kind of pot distribution.

I was exaggerating. The last time I checked it was something like up to 10 years and a huge fine. You can never be sure what they will do exactly.

Well you do have some things to give you a rough idea of what sentencing might be given, I can only speak of my own jurisdiction, but basically there are potentially a few Acts here of interest to someone growing industrial hemp:

The Industrial Hemp Act
The Misuse of Drugs Act
The Poisons Act
The Cannabis Control Act
The Therapeutic Goods Act...

Should I go on?.

Dont act like you know about growing commercially, when all you know is about consuming.
edit on 7-12-2020 by PBL666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I think it's laughable that 'hemp' and 'marijuana', although related, are not even the same plant.

Or they just want us too dumb to know the difference. They know few people will ever look it up for themselves.

Producers of industrial hemp are not "too dumb to know the difference", maybe listen to us?.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Or they just want us too dumb to know the difference. They know few people will ever look it up for themselves.

Producers of industrial hemp are not "too dumb to know the difference", maybe listen to us?.

I never said they were, but the average Joe on the street knows little if anything about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Bout time. It's a plant. a friggin plant growing is somehow illegal.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Label it whatever you desire, I ain't slowing down.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Matt Gaetz will certainly be getting my vote in the future. He raised some hell that he and one other Republican were the only ones to sponsor the MORE Act.

Ya know, I’d be a complicit idiot if I never smoked the stuff. The only thing that got me looking outside the box was smoking it. While I’ve CERTAINLY met some people that turn into burnouts after prolonged use, the overwhelming majority of smokers I know (which is nearly every friend of mine, at least 90%) are not burnouts. It’s the equivalent of a glass of wine at the end of the night for the majority of them and for a few of them, it’s kept them away from alcoholism or legit drug addictions. These days, for myself, I have to wait for the moon and stars to align in the right way or I just fall asleep or get anxiety when I smoke, so I’m not participating like I used to.

This must be the most blatant display of our representatives not giving a sh*t about the people. I can’t think of a single other issue in America that has both left and right citizens in agreement.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PBL666

Should I go on?. Text

No. You don't understand what I was talking about.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Then stop talking nonsense. You clearly dont understand the topic and will ignore those who do. Its the same plant.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Then stop talking nonsense. You clearly dont understand the topic and will ignore those who do. Its the same plant.

Sounds like you may have a vested interest. You want to keep Hemp illegal. Possibly you are vested in a competing industry.

You can't get high off of Hemp or it isn't Hemp. So they aren't the same. They once were the same but they were bred differently. Sorry we are right, you are wrong.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join