It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the question?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Interesting posts anyway; I appreciate your perspective-stretching comments. Sorry to be an unmovable mountain...

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Usually I don't say much.

If you're unmovable you must be in the right place?
edit on 4-12-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Fine, thank you for asking Mr. Crime

Not really surprised finding you behind this alias.

While I have your attention....platypodes, just your sense of humor or were you drinking on the job?

Peace
edit on 4-12-2020 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

38, yeah I remember those times. Kinda. When I was young I supposed that the me I knew then would be the me I know now at 73. I thought that I could find the truth and build within myself an edifice of true beliefs that could withstand the currents of time. Hoo boy was I wrong, and glad of it. The rigidity of what I had built in myself would have put me in an early grave had I not released my grip on perceived truth and let it come and go as I encountered it along my way. AT least I think I am much freer now then I was back then. Good fortunes to you Out.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Yep, that lazy thing is an interesting condition. My father always accused me of being lazy and it has carried with me though my whole life. Now I"m 73 and it still plagues me. I wonder if we might even think of God being lazy. I mean, does God have to get out of his easy chair to refill his drinking cup for a night of TV or can he just snap his fingers and ''poof'' a full glass is right there for him. That might make him lazy as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Busted. And yes, I was drinking on the job because you know, I"m ALWAYS ON THE JOB even when I'm in my easy chair watching evening TV.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Why do you feel the need to turn this into a joke?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thanks for the thought-exercise Peeple.

One question eh ?

S'up God ? ( LoL ! Just fooling around. )

How can we turn the corner, and live collectively with Love for all ?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
"Why is there something instead of nothing?"

A question like that : led to a very awkward conversation between me and Mrs. Nothin...

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Not a joke Peeple, just an exercise. See, the way I look at it, when ever we think we might ask a question of God, it would be silly of us to expect an answer in the way we expect it. It's my sense of it that answers from God can come in many forms and from diverse places. And that it's not the source of the answer but our recognition of it's pertinence in each of our lives that it resonates with.

So, why not answer those questions as best I could, me being after all just one of myriad ways by which existence perceives itself.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
What is the one thing we need to answer so everything will get better?

Are you going to eat the rest of that?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

"Why is there something instead of nothing?"

OTOH, why is there so much nothing? From the space between subatomic particles to the distances between galaxies, why is there so little stuff that physically exists in the universe?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

There is still space, and it's full of quantum fluctuations:

Whole lot of nothing going on!

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

There is still space, and it's full of quantum fluctuations:

Whole lot of nothing going on!

So I guess the next obvious question is, why is there quantum fluctuation? What is knocking particle and anti-particle pairs out of balance?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Since when does balance equal stasis?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is how it was explained to me:
If space were totally empty, fields like gravitational fields and electromagnetic fields would have values of zero, and their rates of change over time would also be zero. But the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal states we cannot know both such values with absolute certainty (as we would if we knew them both to be zero). This uncertainty is manifested as shifts in the quantity of energy at any given point in space.

It's truly bizzare because it seems to rope the "observer's" status as an uncertain being into the most basic fabric of the universe. Because of our inability to know certain values simultaneously, there is the structural feature of quantum of fluctuation. If this makes any sense. To anyone.

edit on 4-12-2020 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Since when does balance equal stasis?

Haha, excellent answer in my humble opinion.

Despite all the fluctuations, on some level balance is maintained...I guess it is "hidden" or "distributed" in the form of unlikely symmetries and such. If my wobbly understanding is valid.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
All I'd want to know is

"Are we doing ok?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join