It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Plans Expanded Social Credit-Style Tracking System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

5G isn't the internet, it's a way to tap into it via a wireless signal.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Well : you did bring-up the infrastructure of the internet :

I'm putting the internet element to it. You can't have such an infrastructure to track peoples lives without something as massive as the internet. Whether you like it or not, we will become a singularity with the internet, we sort of are right now. The next phase in control is to control that realm

, of which 5G will be an integral part, more-and-more.

If you want to requalify your statements, then go-ahead and separate the infrastructure, as well as the protocols, from 'the internet' .

But as it stands : it's confusing for me.

So : can't see where you're going, unless it's nowhere ?

Say hi to Fordy.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

But we don't NEED wireless technology for the internet to exist. I like to view the internet as an infrastructure in itself.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You are certainly free to view things as you please.

In the '90's : there was a riddle going around : "How much does the internet weigh ? "

The answer then was as large as a medium-sized strawberry.
They seem to have updated that to : " about as much as a large strawberry. "

From a technical side: have always seen 'the internet', as being separate from all of the physical components.
But folks tend to have their own minds, and own viewpoints, and that's fine with me.
It seems to be more popular now, to include the protocols, along with the physical infrastructure, with all of the wireless elements : as a part of the larger description of 'the internets' (sic).

Anywho : tend to agree with your longer-term vision, of us slowly, maybe even imperceptibly : 'meshing' with 'the internet'. And yeah : wouldn't that be a control freak's dream !!! LoL !

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

But there is international competition for ever-more sophisticated tech, and a fear that "falling behind" jeopardizes both national security and prosperity.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

NO doubt in my mind the Leftist Dems now in control of the banana republic states of america will push some variant of this through here. Its just too juicy for them to pass up. A simple, digital way of tracking who is with them and who is against them........and if you resist, you wont be able to put food on your table.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

NO doubt in my mind the Leftist Dems now in control of the banana republic states of america will push some variant of this through here. Its just too juicy for them to pass up. A simple, digital way of tracking who is with them and who is against them........and if you resist, you wont be able to put food on your table.

Nice try but no cookie. The Communist China paranoid control of information will never fly in the US. And that's coming from one of the most liberal of liberals. (I voted for Biden - still hate the CCP)
edit on 11/27/2020 by fomalhaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Realease the KraKarens!!!

That's a powerful video. One can't buy a plane or train ticket without the necessary credit standing (Even though he had plenty of funds, a guy had to buy a bus ticket which was a 10 hour ride....yikes). Increase your credit score by donating blood and doing other good deeds that get recognized by friends and neighbors. Get publicly shamed for violations and 'bad' actions.

Pretty Orwellian. Not the environment I want to live in. I can't believe so many seem to want this type of lifestyle in place. They are gladly giving up their rights in order to force others to lose theirs as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That first part where the old ladies are in the bus stop or shelter, and the lady butts in...creepy!

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I'd argue that Social Credits are one of the most dangerous ideas the world faces right now. Perhaps even more insidious than Terrorism. The Western World needs to realize what it is, and reject it loudly, and do it soon.

Agreed.
This has the potential, to grow into a massive, overarching control mechanism.

We already have some of the early tentacles growing amongst us, like all of those loyalty cards, 1% discount for bla-bla cards, air-miles, AAA, etc...

What about those auto insurance companies, that will install an operations monitor on your car, for some tiny discount ?
How do you think your insurance claim will turn-out, when they notice that you were going 5mph over the speed limit, twice in the previous minutes before the accident ?

Well at least we can still have a !!

Awww : bought that with my 2% cash-back credit-card...
LoL !!!!

My thoughts tend to me more focused on how it will impact politics and privacy.

Case in point..
Sitting Congresswoman AOC Promotes ‘Enemies List’ Of Trump Supporters So They Can’t ‘Deny Their Complicity’

Something as unfathomable as that has a way of becoming the norm as time goes on. The seeds are planted and people need to pay attention.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What do you think this tech will lead too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join