It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Says Goodbye To Basic Rights

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
As I see personal freedoms being stripped because of this pandemic, I begin to wonder if we ever really had any to begin with.

I mean, all it takes is a stroke of a pen.

Personal freedom isn't being "stripped" by the government, it is being willingly given away by those morons who think government is doing so in our best interests.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No tyranny is more complete or pervasive as one justified by well-meaning.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Of course, they're removing our freedoms because they "care".

And we had tons of people cheering them on, ON THIS SITE!

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: putnam6

This entire year's been a worldwide false flag.

I agree but it has been a series of body blows so far. Either that will continue or there will a left hook and a right uppercut on the horizon. Must admit so far the body shots and jabs here and there certainly have many countries already on the ropes. Watching Germany roll out water cannons on peaceful demonstrators against these restrictions, should give us an idea to their resolve.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Of course.

Tyranny is preferable to many than having the liberty to decide your fate in a world where all the risks rest with the individual.
edit on 11 25 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hey remember it was only for.

Covid is a cover for the greatest reset robbery the world has seen.
Next they will want to brand you.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Where I am currently visiting family,
[it's illegal to have even 1 visitor at your place

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So f’in sad history repeats itself.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: projectvxn

Of course, they're removing our freedoms because they "care".

And we had tons of people cheering them on, ON THIS SITE!

This is a global deception. News stations are ramming down our throats, ALL OF THEM.

TV and Internet is choking with Corona scare tactics, nearly every 60 seconds or more.

I cannot blame people. This is a massive brainwash of top-down domino effect.

Take solace that there are some people who see through the lies. As long as we have that, we have hope.

But you're kidding yourself if you think it's going to get better.

At least we have a lot of guns here.

edit on 25-11-2020 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

To compare today's Infection Protection Law to the legislation pushed through back then is "purely demagogical," Wirsching said. "The 'Enabling Act' had one goal: dictatorship. That's why the analogy is nonsense." 

I'm sure if you asked Hitler what his goal was he wouldn't have said that it was to create a dictatorship... He would have said his goal was to protect the great people of Germany from economic hardship.

So why is Andreas Wirsching, director of the Institute of Contemporary History in Munich, so willing to accept a law that will "create a legal basis for the government to restrict some fundamental rights enshrined in the German constitution" simply because his government is telling him their intentions are not to create a dictatorship but to protect the great people of Germany from a medical hardship.

Its scary to see that directors of history fall for the argument "This time will be different; trust us".

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Sorry this is a little off topic, and god bless Deutschland, I have some long lost German friends I grew up there with. I don’t think doing what they are doing in some states like Michigan, and others Maryland etc. is even constitutional... What baffling to me, is people are just sitting there taking it. Um people need to make signs and protest at your city halls etc. folks, massive shut downs of cities towns and states and or telling people how they can socialize or even purchase alcohol has no constitutional power behind it, more like draconian power.

This is not how you effectively prevent those At risk to covid-19 from getting it, it has more to do with creating a docile populous. This 2nd wave nonsense is not as deadly as being advertised.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

What baffling to me, is people are just sitting there taking it. Um people need to make signs and protest at your city halls etc. 

The problem is that there is a pandemic going on and governments taking extraordinary measures is warranted.

And it is likely most of the people enacting these new rules and laws are doing so out of good intentions.

Its hard to galvanize people against that.

But even the best of intentions can lead to ruin.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

As I see personal freedoms being stripped because of this pandemic, I begin to wonder if we ever really had any to begin with.

Personal freedom isn't being "stripped" by the government, it is being willingly given away by those morons who think government is doing so in our best interests.

Right, except that assumes we have the freedoms to begin with. If we can, as morons, willingly give them away - we must have them.

Thing is, "they" have the power. "They" have our rights. We have illusion.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yes and the clue is yes there is a pandemic, aids has also been ordered a pandemic, by some authors, we did not see the government ordering people not to goto bars or lock us all down etc. this is nonsensical bullcrap, not to mention these lockdowns are not even the best way to prevent those at risk from catching it. I dunno, it does not look right to me. The order should be those at risk need to isolate etc. there is no stopping the virus now, it’s here what is the point of telling us how to be in our homes, close bars or force them to close early, tell us when we can buy alcohol etc. just to name a few, that does not sound like proper orders to me for a virus that with ALL due respect is fatal mainly to the ELDERLY overweight or with a underlining illness.. oh and this is in the USA and Europe, hell I hear now in France, you need papers to travel, and in Greece you have to call the cops before you leave to tell themselves where your going. Did you guys read that? Is that ok with you guys? How long do you think this will go on? 2 weeks? Anyhow 😛 let’s keep our wits.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
a reply to: Bicent

What baffling to me, is people are just sitting there taking it. Um people need to make signs and protest at your city halls etc. 

The problem is that there is a pandemic going on and governments taking extraordinary measures is warranted.

And it is likely most of the people enacting these new rules and laws are doing so out of good intentions.

Its hard to galvanize people against that.

But even the best of intentions can lead to ruin.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Right, except that assumes we have the freedoms to begin with. If we can, as morons, willingly give them away - we must have them.

No.

I disagree.

The illusion is that we don't have rights except those permitted by government.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You're a bunch of scared little wussies. We could have been done with this by now if people just followed the guidelines from health professionals in the beginning. Now the ones who are causing the (temporary) losses of freedom are the ones who are crying about it. It will continue to happen until literally everyone has had it, with a huge death toll, or you just look out for your fellow citizen. There is nothing in any constitution saying that you shouldn't mask up during a pandemic, or go out in public only when you absolutely have to. Life will get back to normal when everyone realizes that they could be spreading a potentially deadly virus, 24/7, without symptoms, and act accordingly. If that happened for a month, this would be over.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No.

I disagree.

The illusion is that we don't have rights except those permitted by government.

And if we had no government I would agree 100% ...god-given and all that. I feel that is ignored by those in power. More and more all the time.

In a world without government though, anarchy...we would need to defend our own god-given rights. Not all are capable of that. So, there goes all men being created equal...

lol...sorry, I'm going down a weird rabbit-hole...

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman
All lies. The worst lie of all

(temporary) losses of freedom

It's never temporary.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
You're a bunch of scared little wussies. We could have been done with this by now if people just followed the guidelines from health professionals in the beginning. Now the ones who are causing the (temporary) losses of freedom are the ones who are crying about it. It will continue to happen until literally everyone has had it, with a huge death toll, or you just look out for your fellow citizen. There is nothing in any constitution saying that you shouldn't mask up during a pandemic, or go out in public only when you absolutely have to. Life will get back to normal when everyone realizes that they could be spreading a potentially deadly virus, 24/7, without symptoms, and act accordingly. If that happened for a month, this would be over.

Haven't seen you in a while seriously hope your family members are doing better.

But once its here quarantine or no quarantine it isn't gonna stop till it's run its course, so many states and countries had hard lockdowns. Germany is good example remember when everybody said be like Germany in March and April.

edit on 25-11-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join