It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US states scramble to take action as Covid numbers jump terrifyingly higher

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I have already had it twice. Got really sick the first time and not so much the second.

How did you have it twice? Theres only one confirmed case of someone getting covid Twice in the US, and that was last month in Nevada?

Why are you lying?

You said this in another thread and i called you out then you abandoned the thread.....

Just stop lying to push a false narrative, its not getting worse, notice how we dont even have flu numbers anymore? Yeah thats because theyre conflating the numbers together , its bullsnip

edit on 11/21/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: frogs453

Also my parents drove her to work when I was at the dentist. They were wearing masks but as they are in their 80s I'm worried she exposed them.

OMG!

But was she wearing a mask!

8 out of 10 people in the hospital with ChinaCorona wore a mask, most or all of the time, per CDC guidelines.

techstartups.com...

edit on 11/21/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I have already had it twice. Got really sick the first time and not so much the second.

How did you have it twice? Theres only one confirmed case of someone getting covid Twice in the US, and that was last month in Nevada?

Why are you lying?

You said this in another thread and i called you out then you abandoned the thread.....

Just stop lying to push a false narrative, its not getting worse, notice how we dont even have flu numbers anymore? Yeah thats because theyre conflating the numbers together , its bullsnip

You have to realize that people like this aren't lieing; they have been propagandized to believe every sinful is covid-19.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You stop lying as well. Flu numbers are on the CDC website. They're low, as they always are before flu season (December-February), but they're there and a co-worker of mine tested positive for the flu a few weeks ago. We're having an abnormally warm and sunny November so far, so why the flu isn't widespread is no mystery or conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
You have to realize that people like this aren't lieing; they have been propagandized to believe every sinful is covid-19.

I can't remember who it is, but there's one member here who claims they had it in May 2019 lol. When this first started the people claiming they had it last November or December had me facepalming pretty hard.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It's even more terrifying to realize it's bullsh#t.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
The thread title is the headline to the article I just read.

Link to the story.

The Disunited States of America are united once more. After a brutal election that exacerbated bitter partisan divisions and left the country feeling as though it had been torn in two, it has at last been thrown back together.
For all the wrong reasons.
The great leveler is coronavirus. Covid-19 is rampaging across the US as though it were on a personal mission to unify the splintered nation in an unfolding catastrophe. Of the 50 states of the Union, all but one – isolated Hawaii – is seeing alarming spikes in new cases. The virus is on the rise so uniformly across the vast landmass of the US, that records are being shattered daily

With 80,000 currently in hospital fighting this virus, 12,000,0000 cases reported across the whole country, 250,000 dead and a whopping 184,000 new cases in one day being reported. Is this an accurate portrayal of what is happening in the States?

Does this reflect what you, dear ATS readers, are seeing on the ground?

If true, this doesn't paint a very optimistic picture.

Any perceptions based upon the PCR tests are gross misperceptions.

That so much harm has been done to the country based upon the garbage numbers of a flawed test is sad indeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Also my parents drove her to work when I was at the dentist. They were wearing masks but as they are in their 80s I'm worried she exposed them.

OMG!

8 out of 10 people in the hospital with ChinaCorona wore a mask, most or all of the time, per CDC guidelines.

techstartups.com...

It turns out masks are causing Legions disease and eye infections.

edit on 21-11-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Thanks for the sarcasm. With a sick kid and elderly parents to worry about its much appreciated. Nice.

Sorry about that I was pissed at covid earlier.

Was she wearing a mask in the car?

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

She was not. They were. At the time she had no symptoms except a headache. I'm hopeful. She's young, most likely will be fine. I have no symptoms. They would be my main concern but they say they are good for now.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: djz3ro

It's cold and flu season.

People get sick.

*shrugs*

Yup. One of the kids' friends has her regularly scheduled pre-Thanksgiving cold going on (like clockwork with her every year, the kid is nothing if not a reliable cold sufferer)

It's not worth crapping pants over.

In fact, I'd wager a big one -- that the folks on here who have few to no #s to give about covid will never get it enough to know, or will get over it exceptionally fast. Those that hyperventilate themselves into a tizzy, WILL get it bad, and it WILL linger. All goes back to that knowledge of cortisol (stress hormone) being a negative impact on the immune system and thus they're just flinging the proverbial door wide open and inviting covid right in.

Actually might not be a bad site-wide study, assuming the site lasts through next year. Mind over matter stuff definitely works, otherwise placebos wouldn't.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Why are you lying?

If he's outright lying and trying to say he tested positive twice, it's not going to fly because he'd be a CDC case study right now. If hes guessing at it, then he's in the same boat as I am -- never tested (and never will, not adding to funny CDC counts) but otherwise pretty positive it ripped through my area back in Jan/Feb based on symptoms and duration. And spread.

But I get the impression he's trying to say he's been tested on two different occasions separated by a wide time margin, and if so, he's obviously lying. As I said, everyone would know by now, he'd still be anonymous, but would be a medical fascination under a microscope & mentions plastered on the news as a curiosity at best, whether he likes it or not.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: vonclod
Minnesota, north of the twin cities.

Little confused at your beginning sentance, but that's how it's been running since about June.

Oops meant "not how it's going here" ie they are taking it serious, if you are sick, 2 weeks at home.

I'm not a panicky guy but this is just not good. DB as well meaning as he is says cold/flu season. While this is true, our #s are 10 fold at least, of typical flu #s

Are you US or abroad? The way you word things makes either possible, as if you do it to be ambiguous on purpose.

So where do you live? I live in Michigan, and MI isn't taking it any more seriously than Minnesota where Nivhk is. If you're not a US resident, you don't have much leg to stand on here in comparisons. The US certainly isn't the center of the universe, but neither is any other country out there. Thus, we're all equally unimportant to the next country. Don't forget that.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There are numbers for both state and county. We had a spike and we're pretty well on the downhill side of it now although it's still early in the downhill but the trend is clear.

In the county we've had about 3 deaths in the past week. Most of the reports are coming from LTC homes where the infection is spreading the fastest and the younger crowd of the 20 to 30s.

Son is still in full-time school, but I know that could easily change. District has said they are only going to virtual where they have to and not district-wide. His school only sends an incident email once every 3 to 4 weeks even with this spike as a courtesy to let parents know someone tested positive in the building. If there was more direct contact with your child, you get a more direct contact. I am hoping that if the incidents stay so spaced out at his school, they will not have to rotate to virtual at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

OMG!

techstartups.com...

It turns out masks are causing Legions disease and eye infections.

But most important to our political leader's, over time, mask wearing makes you dumber and more docile, due to re-inhaling of carbon dioxide. Several studies proved this detrimental effect, before the CDC started loving masks, about 8 months ago.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
The thread title is the headline to the article I just read.

Link to the story.

The Disunited States of America are united once more. After a brutal election that exacerbated bitter partisan divisions and left the country feeling as though it had been torn in two, it has at last been thrown back together.
For all the wrong reasons.
The great leveler is coronavirus. Covid-19 is rampaging across the US as though it were on a personal mission to unify the splintered nation in an unfolding catastrophe. Of the 50 states of the Union, all but one – isolated Hawaii – is seeing alarming spikes in new cases. The virus is on the rise so uniformly across the vast landmass of the US, that records are being shattered daily

With 80,000 currently in hospital fighting this virus, 12,000,0000 cases reported across the whole country, 250,000 dead and a whopping 184,000 new cases in one day being reported. Is this an accurate portrayal of what is happening in the States?

Does this reflect what you, dear ATS readers, are seeing on the ground?

If true, this doesn't paint a very optimistic picture.

ALL I am reading—EVERYWHERE—is number of CASES reported. Yes, it’s contagious (very) and people are becoming ill....it has been always thus. For God’s sake...focus on the mortality rate, 1/2 of 1%...focus not on its contagion proclivity. If you’re under 60, and with no co-morbidity factors...YOU WILL BE OK.

The world has lost its collective mind over this viral infection. There are at least two generations of people who don’t believe bad things should happen to them. People: They DO and will always happen. If you’re old or young and have respiratory issues—stay home. Otherwise, be about your business. If you catch the virus....get over it. Because the chances are in excess of 99% that you will.

The manipulation of the masses is unprecedented—-and it MUST be for reasons other than our health. This is neither the Black Death or Spanish Flu. Others speculate what the manipulation effort might be for...I’ve lived long enough to admit I simply don’t know with any degree of certainty. My years have taught me to always look at power and money as triggers.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
How much face mask are making people more sick, i think mask increase infections....and since people have now used mask for some time, it is fair to say that people are falling sick because they are hurting their health with mask.

Maine’s Rise in COVID-19 Cases Linked to Face Masks

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

She was not. They were. At the time she had no symptoms except a headache. I'm hopeful. She's young, most likely will be fine. I have no symptoms. They would be my main concern but they say they are good for now.

It sounds like you think the mask protects the person wearing it.

Mostly the protection is the other way around. The person wearing the mask is protecting others.

It was more important for you and your daughter to wear the mask than it was for your parents.

I am sure they will all be fine. The odds are on your side big time.

edit on 22-11-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

How much face mask are making people more sick, i think mask increase infections....and since people have now used mask for some time, it is fair to say that people are falling sick because they are hurting their health with mask.

Maine’s Rise in COVID-19 Cases Linked to Face Masks

It has been proven to cause eye infections other diseases.

Seems everything they have done to save us, hurts worst than it helps.

There is no way they are putting that vax in me.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Checked today's numbers and the trends in both state and county are still downward.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join