It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US states scramble to take action as Covid numbers jump terrifyingly higher

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The thread title is the headline to the article I just read.

Link to the story.

The Disunited States of America are united once more. After a brutal election that exacerbated bitter partisan divisions and left the country feeling as though it had been torn in two, it has at last been thrown back together.
For all the wrong reasons.
The great leveler is coronavirus. Covid-19 is rampaging across the US as though it were on a personal mission to unify the splintered nation in an unfolding catastrophe. Of the 50 states of the Union, all but one – isolated Hawaii – is seeing alarming spikes in new cases. The virus is on the rise so uniformly across the vast landmass of the US, that records are being shattered daily

With 80,000 currently in hospital fighting this virus, 12,000,0000 cases reported across the whole country, 250,000 dead and a whopping 184,000 new cases in one day being reported. Is this an accurate portrayal of what is happening in the States?

Does this reflect what you, dear ATS readers, are seeing on the ground?

If true, this doesn't paint a very optimistic picture.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I have already had it twice. Got really sick the first time and not so much the second.
Two of my friends in Oklahoma just tested positive and a friend in Texas tested positive two months ago.
Both of the grocery stores close to me have had numerous positive tests. And that here in Clark county Nevada.
So to answer your question, yes it is getting visibly worse.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Glad you're here to tell the tale.

I've been lucky (I have an awesome immune system and rarely get ill, last time was a nasty Coronavirus in 2008, bed ridden for 2 weeks, couldn't eat in that time either) but others I know haven't been.

Just recently a covid sceptic I know joined a video call with an ex Covid Denier who is now in a Glasgow Hospital, having just signed a DNR, who is dying thanks to Covid-19, organs are starting to fail (fella is in his 40's, so my age).

Too many people not taking it seriously is the problem, imho.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Also wanted to add since I have antibodies and many somewhat sick poor families can't go shopping I have been spending some of my free time bring them meals donated.

My neighbor asked if I could help because I've already been sick. I have exposed my self atleast 50 more times and no positive results since. And the antibody test is still showing that I have those.

My suggestion for anyone that has antibodies to please take a chance and help bring food to those that can't leave their home. Maybe stay and just hangout for a bit watch a movie.
The joy that it will bring I can't describe. And then also get tested often lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The world needs more people like you!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

The world needs more people like you!!!

Only when I want to be. I was very skeptical to the idea mostly because I am not religious in any way. But it's not like I have anything else to do besides watch movies maybe play a video game, maybe also get drunk.
But after that first delivery I got kinda hooked. Might have to hit up a rehab clinic.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Cases are definitely rising all around the world, including here in the U.K.

During the first lockdown in the U.K my part of the country was not really affected and the infection rates were really low when compared to the North of England and London. I was quite smug about it and did wonder what all the fuss was about, And I only knew one couple that had contracted it, and they claim they picked it up on their stop over in Dubai, from South Africa.

Then autumn came along, young people from all over the country were encouraged to travel to other cities and start or return to their universities. Since then the numbers have risen and we currently stand at around 24th on the infection charts. One ward in the city currently has the 4th worse infection rate across the whole of the U.K. I now know of around 30 people who have contracted the virus in the last 2 months, but thankfully all of them have either made a full recovery after a period of mild symptoms, or they have not displayed any symptoms.

edit on 21/11/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Tennessee couldn't care less. I am a bit worried, because 5 died in my small city yesterday, which is quite a few.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wow.
I just checked Georgia and it is still about average with the number of deaths really low.
Can you find something based in the US ?
Say , like the CDC ?
The percentage to population of the US in the hospital is approximately .022857142%
If the deaths this year = 250 , 000 (for the year) that makes the percentage for that .071428571%

ETA : Just checked the US for deaths .Still running a lot lower than at the start . At least since August.

Do the math and don't fall for glorified headlines again.
Especially those from a foreign based media.
edit on 11/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
From my little window looking out over a busy corridor in the new york city suburbs it's business as usual outside.

One wouldn't know they are supposed to be terrified if they weren't constantly told to be by the media..... they wouldn't know we are living in a shattered country eather with out the help of the media.... I'm just waiting for reports of the worst blizzard to hit our area in 100 years, that always happens at least once in the winter around here.

edit on 21-11-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My household was all tested yesterday. Finding a place that could do it where we all didn't have to stand outside for hours in line was a chore. My 16 year old has a fever and aches and headache. My other daughter feels ok but weirdly lost her voice. The doc said to test. There were new cases in my daughters school district at least 3 to 4x a week. She also works at the local mall.

She feels pretty lousy and besides keeping hydrated she's on Tylenol, vitamin C,D and zinc.

Hopefully we get the results today. I had been to the dentist the day previous to her symptoms and I hope I didn't possibly expose everyone there as of course I had to remove my mask. Also my parents drove her to work when I was at the dentist. They were wearing masks but as they are in their 80s I'm worried she exposed them.

I currently feel ok.
edit on 21-11-2020 by frogs453 because: Added

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Link to the story.

The Disunited States of America are united once more. After a brutal election that exacerbated bitter partisan divisions and left the country feeling as though it had been torn in two, it has at last been thrown back together.
The great leveler is coronavirus. Covid-19 is rampaging across the US as though it were on a personal mission to unify the splintered nation in an unfolding catastrophe. Of the 50 states of the Union, all but one – isolated Hawaii – is seeing alarming spikes in new cases. The virus is on the rise so uniformly across the vast landmass of the US, that records are being shattered daily

My God, did you read that? Who writes this overly dramatic propaganda?
I can picture the OP reading this with baited breath...
SMH

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Also wanted to add since I have antibodies and many somewhat sick poor families can't go shopping I have been spending some of my free time bring them meals donated.

If you are one to believe in Karma or blessings, I hope you are blessed tenfold!

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My family got an unusually early cold in October; just after the schools opened full time for my youngest. She was the first one to get the cold and a few days later I came down with it. It felt like a mild flew type cold; we where tired and had mild body pain; dry cough; it started off with a day of sore throat. After a few days we felt better but the cough seemed to last for over a week or more. My wife was the fourth one in the house to get the cold so when she did we thought it was time for at least one of us to get the test .... came back negative.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I do believe in karma very much so.
And thank you JAG!
I hope you and your family have a great holiday season!

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

we feel it in germany as well - it is much worse than the 1st wave. but fortunately we don't have that many dead but the number of illnesses is going up. you can also notice it in the direct environment, because it happens more often now that someone is ill with corona or knows someone who is ill. japan is currently experiencing the 3rd wave. in many european countries the measures have been tightened, poland have closed all schools again. austria is in lockdown again. and so on. if a government doesn't take corona seriously, they will share the responsibility for the death of many people. wear a mask, be careful and stay healthy!

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It's cold and flu season.

People get sick.

*shrugs*

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
South georgia at the height had about 100 ish inpatient cases at sgmc right not 24 ish inpatient according to valdosta mayor and sgmc doctor.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I live as normally as I can. I wear the mask where I'm required. Wash my hands more often and mindful of keeping my distance when in public.

I work at a university and they have pretty good protocols in place to keep positive cases to the minimum. A majority of the faculty and staff are working remotely as the semester is at it's end and the university will be shutting down for a long winter break.

The restaurants and bars closed to indoor dining but we try to support local business by ordering takeout often. My kids are still doing school face to face. There have been 1-2 positive cases but they quarantine those involved when it's found out. It's a small private school so it is easier to have protocols such as masks and distancing in place.

I'm of the opinion that we keep everything open as long as people where masks, distance, etc. Sounds like the vaccine is coming sooner than expected. I hope it will put an end to this crap in a few months but I'm doubtful.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I work in Dorchester Massachusetts, and the surrounding areas of Boston. I've seen new testing areas pop up around that haven't been there before. And the lines are usually like 100 people deep.
Never have seen this until a few weeks ago.

There are way more tests going around. I used to drive by testing areas with literally zero people.

It's pretty clear that all these new tests are gonna produce high numbers.

I think it's pretty evident that everything that is happening is planned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join