It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Illness, UFOlogy and New Science

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Maybe it’s all in the “dark energy”.

It permeates everything but interferes with or damages effectively nothing.

Physics is trying to explain it. In a way, “dark energy” may be “the force” as it’s literally connected to everything in the known universe as far as science can explain.

Only thing is, I don’t think “dark energy” isn’t really “dark” in the evil since. It doesn’t, in a modern scientific measurable sense - interact with anything but “gravity”. Thus, it’s “dark”.

I’ve been thinking about “dark energy” and what it should be called and I don’t know. I’m leaving towards calling it the “universal connection” in that it connects everything in the universe. Perhaps it could be the “life force” in that the impact of this so-called “dark energy” have been more-less good and instrumental at forming galaxies.

It would stand to reason that being able to mentally/deeply connect with and understand dark energy on an existential level that you’d come closer to understanding not only your mind or existence but everything that’s in this universe.

edit on 9-12-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

If energy is motion, then I would assume "dark" energy is stillness. The former is in a state of perpetual "transformation", the latter would be perpetual "conservation".

If these two states were to be a binary opposition, matter would be the "in between", that is, in an ambiguous state of stillness and motion.
edit on 12 10 2020 by IgnorantGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I see... But if new science à la Valle requires to first catch a saucer, and only then start backgineering it I'm afraid they are still in the old science camp, for no sauce has been caught.

Let's assume one of them is caught. I see a problem: you still need the old science paradigm to study the object. I guess you first need a new science paradigm to apply in case you ever are lucky enough to capture one saucer. Only then Valle could start his new science backengineering program. I do not believe in demonic entities, precisely by virtue of the old science paradigm.

I do confer, however, that there is a new realm in physics, called paraphysics in which objects become paraphysical (showing all those spooky properties you are well aware of), if and only if the observer remains physical.
In other words: if the world around you becomes paraphysical, including you, then you wouldn't realize any difference. You couldn't tell the difference between a purely physical world and a paraphysical world.

A nice example of this physical vs. paraphysical divide is the realm of dreams; while in a dream, if and only if you are not lucid dreaming, everything is normal, by the book, as expected. No matter if the apples talk to you... as you fly over them. Nothing in a non-lucid dream is dreamlike, because there is no non-dreamlike reference to compare with unless, as I said, you were lucid dreaming.

Only in that case you realize everything around you is dreamlike.

My thesis is this: it seems most intense and relevant encounters with UFOs are described by witnesses as dreamlike; this leads me to conclude someone is dreaming of someone... In other words: I think either the UFOs crew is dreaming of you, or you are dreaming of UFOs. The problem, as I see it, is how to prove we are not being dreamed of.

I know I'm late to the party but this post reminds me of something I felt a few times lately.

I had a lucid dream once a long time ago back when I was meditating a lot. I was utterly fascinated. I then started meditating on it and within just a few days I was lucid dreaming every night for years.

I dont do it on purpose anymore but I still have a lucid dream at least a few nights a week and I still remember at least 3-4 dreams every morning.

Anyways a few weeks ago I was thinking about higher dimensions and looking at the workers on the factory floor at my job and I got this uncanny feeling that they (and I) was in some sort of dreamlike reality. Something like a thought-up existence. Maybe a thought or a dream within the mind of a godlike being. Something like we can and are being observed from "above" by other beings. Carl Sagan's explanation of dimensions is so eloquent and has only solidified this feeling im afraid.

Its a sort of cold, clinical feeling with a hint of deja vu.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

That's interesting. I am obligued to ask whether you ever dreamed of rice fields? This is something I am really interested in.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: Alien Abduct

That's interesting. I am obligued to ask whether you ever dreamed of rice fields? This is something I am really interested in.

Perhaps. Many of the landscapes I see while flying around resembles rice fields. I never thought about them being anything other than beautifully shaped land kind of intermingled with waters, lakes and oceans. Usually to me looks like more tropical islands and beautiful clear ocean water.

I'd say a bit over half of my flying around and exploring is cityscapes but its a mix. I tried to fly to the moon once and ill tell you about what happened with that later today. Have to go for now.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Okay, so while awake, I got this idea to fly to the moon when I had the nightly lucid dream. After sleeping and entering the lucid dream I remembered my task.

It was just before dark, I willed myself up higher and higher looking down and around as I went up. I reached the clouds and they were orange-ish in color from the setting sun. I was in the haze of the clouds for a little while willing myself upwards. I didn't realize how fast I was actually going until I emerged out of the top of the clouds and they quickly receded below me. It this point I was well above the clouds and it was fairly dark. I could see the city lights below, I would guess that at this point I was about twice the height as an airliner. I paused for a moment just to have a look around the beautiful scenery before me and suddenly I realized I could only see so far until it was just blackness. It was very strange. I looked to my left and right and all around and it dropped off at the same distance all around probably 50 miles or so. I was fascinated by this and totally forgot about my task of flying to the moon.

After waking up and thinking about this I guessed that perhaps I was witnessing the edge of consciousness. Maybe that was as far as my consciousness existed.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join