It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory that COVID-19 originated in China takes a body blow.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've heard about this. They examined frozen samples from patients who had extreme pneumonia with no known cause. Same thing happened in Africa (forgot the name of the town), there is also proof that Covid was there before it reached China.

The interesting thing is (read with sarcasm!) : We don't eat bats in Europe... we don't even come into close contact with the tiny bats we have over here. We don't have wet markets....

We do have labs. Lot's of them.
Like the one in Germany where a husband and wife invented the rmna technology in the early 2000nds.... they sold the lab to Japan for 1.4mil in 2016! But in 2008 they opened a second lab: BioNtech. Which is now on their way to making millions with their covid vaccine.

Wasn't it incredible how fast after the start of covid they 'knew' mRna was the way to go for a vaccine? While BioNtech claims they were only working on cancer treatment before. Fact is that their previous company was working on a cure for Sars, another corona virus. And the couple openly says they had the vaccine ready in January , less then a month after the china outbreak. They started the test with the current vaccine in March!

Call me crazy, but that is pretty fast to have a working vaccine ready to go in less then a month for a virus that we only just knew about. AND with a technology that was still a no-go for many scientist in 2018 because there were to many unknowns in the process. But BioNtech perfected all that within one month?
How convenient that we could blame it on China and have all eyes looking that way.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: chr0naut
What does this prove????

There's a large Chinese population in Italy.
I would expect a lot of travel of the Chinese back and forth to their motherland.

Horseshoe bats (the suspected source animal) are prevalent across Europe as well as China. It was once believed that the virus jumped from horseshoe bats - to pangolins - to humans, which would have identified the source of the species jump to humans as occurring in China, but recent studies have revealed that pangolins weren't the likely mediator, but civets were more likely. Again, civets are native to Europe as well as China.

You seem anxious to clear things up for China. I notice there was no link about this.

Civets are not native to Europe. Even if there was widespread importation to Europe there isn't a wild population to spread it.

Civet
mammal, family Viverridae - Britannica

Low genetic diversity in the masked palm civet Paguma larvata (Viverridae) - Journal of Zoology

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2 (Nature Medicine)

Bats, civets and the emergence of SARS - PubMed

New Coronavirus 'Won't Be The Last' Outbreak To Move From Animal To Human - NPR

Receptor Recognition by the Novel Coronavirus from Wuhan: an Analysis Based on Decade-Long Structural Studies of SARS Coronavirus - Journal of Virology

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This virus has Bill Gates written all over it..... the lust for control and power knows no limits.

Must play God... must control population....... No Intel inside

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
I've heard about this. They examined frozen samples from patients who had extreme pneumonia with no known cause. Same thing happened in Africa (forgot the name of the town), there is also proof that Covid was there before it reached China.

The interesting thing is (read with sarcasm!) : We don't eat bats in Europe... we don't even come into close contact with the tiny bats we have over here. We don't have wet markets....

Don’t Blame Bat Soup for the Coronavirus

Wet market
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We do have labs. Lot's of them.
Like the one in Germany where a husband and wife invented the rmna technology in the early 2000nds.... they sold the lab to Japan for 1.4mil in 2016! But in 2008 they opened a second lab: BioNtech. Which is now on their way to making millions with their covid vaccine.

Wasn't it incredible how fast after the start of covid they 'knew' mRna was the way to go for a vaccine?

Do viruses consist of something other than RNA?

RNA virus

Messenger RNA

While BioNtech claims they were only working on cancer treatment before. The fact is that their previous company was working on a cure for Sars, another coronavirus. And the couple openly says they had the vaccine ready in January, less than a month after the china outbreak. They started the test with the current vaccine in March!

The world did have other antiviral vaccines beforehand.

... and China released their sequence on January 11: China releases genetic data on new coronavirus, now deadly University of Minnesota CIDRAP

Also, Whole genome of novel coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, sequenced - ScienceDaily (31 January)

So, it isn't unrealistic that they started on it in March.

Call me crazy,

Must I?

but that is pretty fast to have a working vaccine ready to go in less then a month for a virus that we only just knew about. AND with a technology that was still a no-go for many scientist in 2018 because there were to many unknowns in the process. But BioNtech perfected all that within one month?

But they still haven't got a tested candidate yet, 11 months later?

How convenient that we could blame it on China and have all eyes looking that way.

It still doesn't look like it was made in a lab. I won't bother posting the supportive links. You can search for them if you doubt me.

edit on 15/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This virus could have started anywhere. I would think that from looking at the information about this viruses genetics, it could have escaped from a lab anywhere that was set up to do research on these kinds of viruses and other microbes. I never read if there was one of these labs in Italy, but I know there was one in France and that a very early case was identified in the nearby town there. Now, employees of these labs went to meetings with other labs members, this virus could have came from anywhere and spread to the area near wuhan. This virus does not exist naturally in Italy, nor do they have those bats or the virus in France.

There is a coverup at the highest levels of this science. On one hand I can see researching these viruses is important so they can find treatments when they do occur in nature some day, but I also see that there are often escapes from the labs and this is what has probably happened.

Since the virus was discovered in China....officially....it could be called the Chinese virus. The Spanish flu was discovered in Soain, but it was discovered by scientists researching the disease, I don't think it originated there, nor was it actually a problem there when it was discovered, they were researching that virus taken from a different country and they got to name it if I remember right..

Remember, if there was a lab in Italy and France, the virus could have tagged a ride on a scientist there too. It could still have originated in China, but most likely in a lab since certain genetic markers were far from what was in nature.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
This virus has Bill Gates written all over it..... the lust for control and power knows no limits.

Must play God... must control population....... No Intel inside

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What does this prove????

I would expect a lot of travel of the Chinese back and forth to their motherland.

Horseshoe bats (the suspected source animal) are prevalent across Europe as well as China. It was once believed that the virus jumped from horseshoe bats - to pangolins - to humans, which would have identified the source of the species jump to humans as occurring in China, but recent studies have revealed that pangolins weren't the likely mediator, but civets were more likely. Again, civets are native to Europe as well as China.

You seem anxious to clear things up for China. I notice there was no link about this.

Civets are not native to Europe. Even if there was widespread importation to Europe there isn't a wild population to spread it.

Civet

Low genetic diversity in the masked palm civet Paguma larvata (Viverridae) - Journal of Zoology

Receptor Recognition by the Novel Coronavirus from Wuhan: an Analysis Based on Decade-Long Structural Studies of SARS Coronavirus - Journal of Virology

That's a hodgepodge of crap that you've used to give the illusion of being supported by literature. It isn't. I've read the ones with relevant titles.

The only mention of civets being involved were specimens tested from markets in -China-.

Civets are not native to Europe. Even the genets introduced to Europe aren't civets, they're part of the vivarridae family. They could be called invasive at best. There may be some rare genets in Europe I'm not aware of.

The deeper we get on this topic the more it seems like you're really keen on steering the blame from China, to the point that you're playing dot connection between disparate narratives in published data.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut There has been some convincing evidence that shows that this virus could be created in nature....with another two thousand years of evolution to do so. All similar viruses in nature are far from this virus, meaning this virus was going back and forth between animals that are not found together in the environment somewhere. This means that the practices used in labs could have had a two thousand year evolutionary jump on what is found in nature since they purposely do this kind of testing.

You cannot believe the people doing this, their research is at risk of being outlawed if it is found it escaped from these labs. This research is kind of necessary, but there have been too many escapes of microbes over the last ten years, their system of constraining these things has to be flawed, human error is the cause. It took me reading many articles by professionals who are not tied to these labs to come up with my determination. A few of the experts at one time were employed by these labs but chose to leave and one was actually still working there, but I think he/she got let go for leaving out information that was protected.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This virus could have started anywhere. I would think that from looking at the information about this viruses genetics, it could have escaped from a lab anywhere that was set up to do research on these kinds of viruses and other microbes. I never read if there was one of these labs in Italy, but I know there was one in France and that a very early case was identified in the nearby town there. Now, employees of these labs went to meetings with other labs members, this virus could have came from anywhere and spread to the area near wuhan. This virus does not exist naturally in Italy, nor do they have those bats or the virus in France.

There is a coverup at the highest levels of this science. On one hand I can see researching these viruses is important so they can find treatments when they do occur in nature some day, but I also see that there are often escapes from the labs and this is what has probably happened.

Since the virus was discovered in China....officially....it could be called the Chinese virus. The Spanish flu was discovered in Soain, but it was discovered by scientists researching the disease, I don't think it originated there, nor was it actually a problem there when it was discovered, they were researching that virus taken from a different country and they got to name it if I remember right..

Remember, if there was a lab in Italy and France, the virus could have tagged a ride on a scientist there too. It could still have originated in China, but most likely in a lab since certain genetic markers were far from what was in nature.

Clearly, America has been affected more than other countries (greatest number of those infected and greatest number of deaths from it, of any country: COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center)

In turn, America has also spread the virus to more countries in the world than other countries: (Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus - Global subsampling The 19A genome represents the original strain from China. - The 20A strain represents the mutated variants that existed predominantly in the US early on, before mutating further and spreading elsewhere).

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What does this prove????

Civet

That's a hodgepodge of crap that you've used to give the illusion of being supported by literature. It isn't. I've read the ones with relevant titles.

The only mention of civets being involved were specimens tested from markets in -China-.

Civets are not native to Europe. Even the genets introduced to Europe aren't civets, they're part of the vivarridae family. They could be called invasive at best. There may be some rare genets in Europe I'm not aware of.

The deeper we get on this topic the more it seems like you're really keen on steering the blame from China, to the point that you're playing dot connection between disparate narratives in published data.

You need to read more than the titles and you probably need to consider the implications of what the articles posted mean.

The second posted article, for instance, shows a coverage map of just one particular species of civet.

It's like you are so trying desperately to deny that it is probable that the virus didn't come from China, even to the point of not reading the data.

That the virus possibly did not originate in China, was the point of the OP.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: KKLOCO

AKA Scamdemic

No, the deaths and hospitalizations would have probably been thought of as just being pneumonia at the time.

There's nothing 'scammy' about the existence of the virus, nor of its effects.

'
just the reaction. that part is super 'scammy'. Unless you are into killing small business in favor of big box stores.

I think that you are only considering the situation USA.

COVID-19 is a world-wide problem and one that other countries are handling without all the (proposed) business failures.

I'm not sure how it would affect small businesses differently than it would large businesses? Perhaps large chain stores can afford to employ more fodder if frontline staff pass away?

totally. Most other countries have robust small businesses with millions in their cash reserves. it's just the USA where they skimp by until they make it. You really do embrace the derp don't you.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Clearly, America has been affected more than other countries (greatest number of those infected and greatest number of deaths from it, of any country: COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center)

In turn, America has also spread the virus to more countries in the world than other countries: (Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus - Global subsampling The 19A genome represents the original strain from China. - The 20A strain represents the mutated variants that existed predominantly in the US early on, before mutating further and spreading elsewhere).

Americans are good at what they do, better than the other wimpy countries.

We have a lot more people on medications here in America than in most other countries, a lot of those medications effect the immune system to make it operate inappropriately. Also, we have allowed more chemicals to be added to our food than any other country in the world, chemicals that have not been properly evaluated as to their effect on our immune system or mind. They tend to focus on testing for immediate physical effects that show up, not long term effects or the foods effect on psychological issues. Food chemistry is complex, and everything we eat has some sort of effect on thinking, even water or starvation, but when they add this chemistry to all sorts of foods unnaturally, people do not understand mixtures of chemistry can cause side effects. Messing with proper thinking effects immune response.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

however, combined with other clinical details from Northern France, I would say this is another piece of compelling evidence that the virus probably did not originate in China.

Yes,

A least one case from France was revisited, and found to be the SARS-CoV-2, I forget what the original diagnosis was.

The man lived in France, but was from Libya* however he had not been out of France for some time. Then there is the infamous experiment with the Horseshoe bats that did take place in Wuhan circa 2015/16 and Bat Lady was part of it.

Edit,

*Algeria

www.bloomberg.com...

Yes,

That is the sort of thing that is becoming apparent. Although, I think that while the man in the article was born in Algeria, there is no indication that he had just come from Sub-Saharan Africa immediately prior to presenting at the clinic in Paris.

Right, and the Bloomberg link circa 5th May, could actually be the later story than when I first saw it, but don't quote me on that until I look back a bit more.
I didn't mention the Wuhan experiment for no reason though, that reason being the experiment was done by an international grouping.

Bat lady is Shi Zhengli, and she was in that 2015/16 experiment, but so were, Vineet D Menachery, Boyd L Yount Jr, Kari Debbink, Sudhakar Agnihothram, Lisa E Gralinski, Jessica A Plante, Rachel L Graham, Trevor Scobey, Xing-Yi Ge, Eric F Donaldson, Scott H Randell, Antonio Lanzavecchia, Wayne A Marasco, & Ralph S Baric, and quite a few more, Ralph S Baric led the experiment, and was heavily criticised for doing so.

Antonio Lanzavecchia, is Italian
Ralph S Baric, is American, as are some other of the researchers, and problematic for some of them, since the experiment found it's way to the Trump and it's echolalia machine issuing threats.

However the original article I think was written in good faith here by Mark Oliver,
listverse.com...

Article on Shi Zhengli,
www.scientificamerican.com...

A link to the Nature description on tthe experiment, which has been revised.
www.nature.com...

edit on 15-11-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well yes. My confidence in this test is very small. For all we know the test itself has covid. People are not complicit? Release more positive tests!

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Insightful. Is the virus even real or just a psychological means to accept a vaccine that introduces instructions into your cells?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut There has been some convincing evidence that shows that this virus could be created in nature....with another two thousand years of evolution to do so.

The virus mutated into 40 separate strains in Iceland, in an infected population of less than 2,000, in less than a month.

Iceland scientists found 40 mutations of the coronavirus, report says - NY Post

Clearly, it mutates rapidly and does not require thousands of years to do so. Similarly, the crossing of the species barrier is clearly shown to have occurred in a number of pathogenic viruses, in the past. I won't bother listing them but the closest near relative is SARS. These could not have been created in a lab because we didn't have the technology at the time.

If someone wanted to genetically engineer a weapon, then they wouldn't have produced something with such a low case-mortality rate. So it wasn't done as a weapon. Nor would any country try and deliberately release such a weak pathogen. What would be the point?

All similar viruses in nature are far from this virus, meaning this virus was going back and forth between animals that are not found together in the environment somewhere. This means that the practices used in labs could have had a two thousand year evolutionary jump on what is found in nature since they purposely do this kind of testing.

Except it isn't a 2,000 year thing and the differences between SARS and the current virus are trivial and it's genome isn't that long. [key:gene_model_track, name:Genes,display_name:Genes,id:STD3194982005,annots:Unnamed,Options:ShowAllButGenes,CDSProductFeats:true,NtRuler:true,AaRuler:true,HighlightMode:2,S howLabel:true,shown:true,order:9]&v=1:29903&c=null&select=null&slim=0]Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 isolate Wuhan-Hu-1, complete genome - NCBI

You cannot believe the people doing this, their research is at risk of being outlawed if it is found it escaped from these labs. This research is kind of necessary, but there have been too many escapes of microbes over the last ten years, their system of constraining these things has to be flawed, human error is the cause. It took me reading many articles by professionals who are not tied to these labs to come up with my determination. A few of the experts at one time were employed by these labs but chose to leave and one was actually still working there, but I think he/she got let go for leaving out information that was protected.

The point of a BSL 4 lab is that there are multiple internationally regulated and monitored systems to ensure no pathogens are released.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

AKA Scamdemic

No, the deaths and hospitalizations would have probably been thought of as just being pneumonia at the time.

There's nothing 'scammy' about the existence of the virus, nor of its effects.

'
just the reaction. that part is super 'scammy'. Unless you are into killing small business in favor of big box stores.

I think that you are only considering the situation USA.

COVID-19 is a world-wide problem and one that other countries are handling without all the (proposed) business failures.

I'm not sure how it would affect small businesses differently than it would large businesses? Perhaps large chain stores can afford to employ more fodder if frontline staff pass away?

totally. Most other countries have robust small businesses with millions in their cash reserves. it's just the USA where they skimp by until they make it. You really do embrace the derp don't you.

So the payments the US government gave out, and the business interruption coverage, were just useless wastes of money?

D'Oh!

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Well yes. My confidence in this test is very small. For all we know the test itself has covid. People are not complicit? Release more positive tests!

Yes, I strongly suspect that the tests were only antibody tests, PCR would be too contaminated by so much other stuff, and by the environmental degradation of the samples.

Although PCR is the more definitive test, it wouldn't work in this situation.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Americans are good at what they do, better than the other wimpy countries.

We have a lot more people on medications here in America than in most other countries, a lot of those medications effect the immune system to make it operate inappropriately. Also, we have allowed more chemicals to be added to our food than any other country in the world, chemicals that have not been properly evaluated as to their effect on our immune system or mind. They tend to focus on testing for immediate physical effects that show up, not long term effects or the foods effect on psychological issues. Food chemistry is complex, and everything we eat has some sort of effect on thinking, even water or starvation, but when they add this chemistry to all sorts of foods unnaturally, people do not understand mixtures of chemistry can cause side effects. Messing with proper thinking effects immune response.

It is surprising how well some third-world African nations have dealt with the epidemic.

And nations with a smaller economic reach, but first-world levels of tech.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What does this prove????

Civet

You need to read more than the titles and you probably need to consider the implications of what the articles posted mean.

The second posted article, for instance, shows a coverage map of just one particular species of civet.

Implications in this case seem to be dots that may or may not connect. If there's something specific connecting them please enlighten me.

You mean this map of Euro... nope, Asia?

That's still not Europe and from what I can see of the range it's in many portions of the world that haven't seen large COVID outbreaks, with the exception of China. I just don't buy this as a "body blow" to the idea it originated in China.

I already said the origin isn't really important. It's mostly of interest to research scientists and the CCP. I just noted inaccurate information and pointed it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join