It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im starting to get mad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Trueman

I've been in hotseat game with a old friend rome 2 total empire for aboot a two years now!

Check out the spiffing brit for tips and exploits. then you shall taste sweet sweet roman victory. And yorkshire tea.
Tell him Rheanu keeves sent you.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Poker - if you read the poker books, the real famous ones - Harrington's series, Brunson's Super System.... they all taught the ABC basics of poker but none of them wen tin to detail on how to actually out class the opponent... because giving that information away is not worth it. Nowadays it's different, and nowadays the game has become a lot harder.

My mom is a poker guru. I don't think she ever loses. The only thing she told me is that sometimes you have to play longer.
There is nothing that makes her laugh more than taking money from arrogant young people that think they know the secrets of poker. She even won several tournaments and was given the offer to go to the big poker tournament on tv, but due to age/health she couldn't travel.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
I'm not so sure, there are various opening gambits and sequences that require some high level thinking.

In poker, at worst, I am thinking "what does he think I think he thinks I have".

In chess surely you are thinking many moves ahead?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
Nice.

I have Super System 2. The best chapter I feel is the one on limit holdem. The NLHE chapter is ok. It helps a player to become looser and take more stabs at pots, it doesn't explain deeply when to do this. And in many ways, considering today's cash poker favours the 3-bet, it was ahead of its time... but only on a basic level.

None of the books go into the real side of poker, the side where you must alter your play depending on how others are playing. Modern day players are taking this to the next level memorising range charts.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yes, I agree with you. There's a book I read you can only get online that I read years ago. "It's all about the range."

Comes with a very expensive price tag though from what I remember.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I am very good at chess and many other bored games.

A game can't get bored. Only people (and animals) can.

Or am I to assume your chess skillz do not expand all the way to your grammar, and you meant to say 'board games'?

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

A game can't get bored. Only people (and animals) can.

You can't beat the grammar police.

Or am I to assume your chess skillz do not expand all the way to your grammar, and you meant to say 'board games'

Quality.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I just took a look at it. Simplistic to learn, yet utterly insane and complicated to master. Go looks extreme to me. I can see where it would beat chess as a strategy game.

I had a game I love that was easy to learn, but took thought to win the game. Simpler than go - Mancala. It was hard to get others to play with me. They thought it was easy to play and therefore to win until they actually started to play.

Getting someone to play chess was a little easier, but go. Nah. Now they rather play cards against humanity. Oh well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join