It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your home is no longer your castle.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
linky

Ok, so don't panic America. This really just refers to the UK.

The law commission has done a report, like they do semi regularly.

This time there is, hidden deep in the document, a proposal to prosecute people for using "hate speech" in their own homes.

Now, I'm not one for sitting around blurting out the n word like some bling covered rapper, but why?

Seriously, who gets hurt or offended by not hearing something someone else says in their own home?

How you gonna prove it?

Are cops going to be listening in to Alexa now?

What possible benefit could possibly outweigh the loss of liberty here?

I can't think of anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

This is all leading to eventual prosecution of "thought crime", and it has been a vital component of sociopolitical corporate culture here in the US (and likely elsewhere too) for years now.

Today they sanction you for what is written on social media or email.

Tomorrow will be sanctions for what you utter in your own home.

Next will come the sanctions for your mind failing to fall in line with the established GroupThink.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It's like your government is the baby between a reverse-Hitler and Merkel. Reverse-Hitler provides the hate for his fellow country men and Merkel brings in the communism part.

I strongly advocate reading 1984 by Orwell. This is right out of that book. Just wait.
edit on 4.11.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

And there's nowhere left to go and be a savage in...

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I have a suspicion that the law society has been poisoned by those common purpose drones the EU have been infesting every country with.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's stil only a suggestion, and there's a gap to be bridged between making a suggestion and getting it into law.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I want the EU gone. Although I am an advocate of a united humanity, EU is a horrible failure. My country gave so much up for it. The EU makes laws and regulations solely to justify their presence. Those politicians are all out of touch.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

What annoys me is that the sort of idiot that thinks it is worth suggesting is in a position to be listened to.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Hence Brexit

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is the end for ATS.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Together with France, Germany is the backbone of the EU, sadly I will not see any German-exit at all. It would devastate the EU, it won't happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Germans are kept pretty far and happy, not enough of them suffering under the EU yet.

Possibly need another generation.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's starting already. Mid-class being eradicated. There's no way a traditional family with more than one or two kids can survive in middle class.

It's either both parents work, or being paid by social security which means that you loose almost everything you posses but then the state owns you. You won't freeze, you won't starve..(until it all collapses).

Now imagine a certain islamic demography with 5-10 children living off the state. 200€ per child per month plus paid rent, plus pocket money.

Nobody starves here, but one working person in a family is not enough anymore, if you want to keep dignity. Traditional family is dead, not affordable if you want a bit financial security.

edit on 4.11.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Happened here ages ago, but you are dead right.

Both parents working ... No more kids...import a ton of 3rd worlders to have the kids...

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That so well Even though My oldest son is a junky he worked full time has 3 kids bought a home all one ONE person ( HIM working )
O and yes he payed his OWN family's health insurance at 26 .
It is still possible living within what you make assuming you can make a average of 700 $ a week which he did .

O some weeks he made 1200 ( Moving company Tips ) pulse selling Furniture from people who did NOT feel like moving it with them .

Good job .
Before that a Pool company that payed over time and he averaged 60 hour weeks NICE checks .
before that Tourist FISHING charters ( o man talk about making money rare day went by he made Under 500 $ .
at 16 No less !!! his first real job .
That kid was Born to make money at 8 he was selling pokemon cards IN school he would get me to buy them 25 cents then sold them for 5 bucks lol
edit on 4-11-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Sounds like heaven, that fishing job.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
It's about UK/EU/DE

And I don't go by 3-kid junky living standards, just saying!!

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here is the consultation from the Law Commission. It's a consultation, so tell them what you think! Consultations work when there is feedback.

The OP links to a Guardian article which references the "so called" Dwelling Exception, which can be found in Section 18.250-255, page 481. Succinctly, the proposed change, subject to consultation, is that crimes could also be committed in a private place - currently the law only applies to public places.

There is a specific question in the consultation...

Consultation Question 51.
18.256 We provisionally propose that the current exclusion of words or behaviour used in a dwelling from the stirring up offences should be removed.
18.257 Do consultees agree?

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
well My kid does better then You so that is ok as for His drug problems well I am Biden LOL My time we take care of our own In this family we dont ever give up . family stays family good bad and other .

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for political trolling and baiting)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join