It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving Guidelines California Style!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

This is from Faux Newz. And by #ucker. Do you believe it?

Here is a direct link to the actual guidelines, without requiring that they be 'reinterpreted' for you:

http s://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/CDPH-Guidance-for-the-Prevention-of-COVID-19-Transmission-for-Gatherings-10-09.aspx

So unreasonable?

If it came from Rachel Maddow and MSNBC would you believe it ?

Oh Chr0 maybe one day you will do something that surprises me .

Alas today is not that day .

I have never once watched the Rachel Maddow show. It's not on our TV, nor is it regionally appropriate.

... and I don't read MSNBC because it is full of adverts, celebrity crap, pop-up video's, takes ages to load anything (because of all the 'active content' - five videos all playing at max volume anyone?), and is very light on actual news.

I actually cross-check news articles these days because there is so much BS just to get 'engagement' out of a few seconds worth of actual new and relevant information per day.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Survival rates well above 98%, actually above 99% now.

Being "right wing" as you put it doesn't mean we "don't care", it means we're adult enough to decide amongst ourselves as a family what risks we will or won't.

Keep on believing that if it makes you feel better.

As I said it is about protecting the most vulnerable. You have obviously taken the decision that the 1 or 2% are not worth protecting, and that is your prerogative.

I have friends who have thought like this until they have lost a loved one or indeed contracted the disease.

Best of luck moving forward.

How does having babies out in the snow going to help?
How do you justify anyone telling you 3 hrs is bad 2 hours ok?
How can people not see what this is all about?
:cry

It's the same as saying that Walmart is safe but your local mom and pop is uniquely infectious.

Sent notes to the 4 kids they are drawing straws who get to come for thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

So unreasonable?

Yes.

We have Thanksgiving at my Father-in-Law's house. Have since my wife and I started dating in high school. Now there are more than just five of us, There are him (she passed a few years ago), my wife and I, her sister & hub, their two kids with their spouses and kids and our kids with their spouses. That's now seven families living in separate houses. I'll be damned if we're going to refuse to get together since we're all Covid-free. The entire state of California should give their governor a big single finger salute. Family is everything, we're no longer a society if we forego that aspect of our lives.

So, how would you deal with reducing COVID-19? What would you do if you were the governor in a state where there have been 17,626 deaths in 7 months attributed to the virus, and the death rate appears to be about to spike back up after the increase in the number of cases?

None of your family is likely to die of missing a get-together.

No true human is that stupid to believe all of the lies, the information is out there clear and plain we can see now who are bots.
no doubt the REAL virus is going to come but for now you are just being trained.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Being "right wing" as you put it doesn't mean we "don't care", it means we're adult enough to decide amongst ourselves as a family what risks we will or won't.

As I said it is about protecting the most vulnerable. You have obviously taken the decision that the 1 or 2% are not worth protecting, and that is your prerogative.

I have friends who have thought like this until they have lost a loved one or indeed contracted the disease.

How does having babies out in the snow going to help?
How do you justify anyone telling you 3 hrs is bad 2 hours ok?
How can people not see what this is all about?
:cry

It's the same as saying that Walmart is safe but your local mom and pop is uniquely infectious.

Sent notes to the 4 kids they are drawing straws who get to come for thanksgiving!

What a shame.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So unreasonable?

Yes.

We have Thanksgiving at my Father-in-Law's house. Have since my wife and I started dating in high school. Now there are more than just five of us, There are him (she passed a few years ago), my wife and I, her sister & hub, their two kids with their spouses and kids and our kids with their spouses. That's now seven families living in separate houses. I'll be damned if we're going to refuse to get together since we're all Covid-free. The entire state of California should give their governor a big single finger salute. Family is everything, we're no longer a society if we forego that aspect of our lives.

So, how would you deal with reducing COVID-19? What would you do if you were the governor in a state where there have been 17,626 deaths in 7 months attributed to the virus, and the death rate appears to be about to spike back up after the increase in the number of cases?

You're about ten thousand deaths high and still missing the point. I don't know about yours but if someone in our family is sick they stay away from the others. Preventing people from spending time with family has far worse consequences than potentially getting Covid.

The number of deaths are "with" Covid, not "from" Covid and you can cut that in half if it weren't for our governor's stupidity. There are almost no Flu deaths this year. Why is that? Far fewer heart attack deaths. Why is that? Suicides are up, so is spousal and child abuse. Why is that? The phrase "the cure is worse than the disease" rings solidly true with this virus.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It's not about taking precautions. I already told you how both sides of my family are doing it. One side is being more cautious than the other. Each side is competent to handle its own business.

The issue is being forced to do things in a way that runs counter to what you decide is fit for you.

At what point do you decide your own authority is better than what the government tells you, or will the government always be the best choice to determine what you should do with yourself?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

... and I don't read MSNBC because it is full of adverts, celebrity crap, pop-up video's, takes ages to load anything (because of all the 'active content' - five videos all playing at max volume anyone?), and is very light on actual news.
a reply to: chr0naut

That is quite the accurate description of a News Media Network you claim not to watch.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm going there on this one.

My house, my rules, # you & your concern trolling.

Disclaimer: We don't do holiday gatherings/meals at all (introverts do not like non-residents in our sanctuaries) However, the above still stands firm. MY house. MY rules. YOU get bent.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

a reply to: chr0naut

That is quite the accurate description of a News Media Network you claim not to watch.

It pops up as the 'default' initial web page on every Windows system I build. I also see it a lot, fixing 'family and friends' computers. Doesn't mean I watch it. The annoyance is almost unavoidable.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So unreasonable?

Yes.

You're about ten thousand deaths high

Tracking COVID-19 in California

and still missing the point. I don't know about yours but if someone in our family is sick they stay away from the others. Preventing people from spending time with family has far worse consequences than potentially getting Covid.

Some people, even young and healthy ones, have died of COVID-19. But more elderly ones die. That's a fairly absolute consequence.

The number of deaths are "with" Covid, not "from" Covid and you can cut that in half if it weren't for our governor's stupidity. There are almost no Flu deaths this year.

Because 'flu does not appear to be as infectious as COVID-19 and because the mitigations against COVID-19 are also more effective against 'flu perhaps?

Also possibly because the medical world doesn't believe the BS that COVID-19 is benign and they have put a lot of their resources into dealing with COVID-19 rather than collecting figures on lower priority issues, or it simply takes time to collate and publish all that information?

Why is that? Far fewer heart attack deaths. Why is that? Suicides are up, so is spousal and child abuse. Why is that? The phrase "the cure is worse than the disease" rings solidly true with this virus.

Where are you getting the data? The CDC hasn't yet published most of that for this year?

Here's a link to the CDC Wonder database where you can put queries about those statistics:

CDC WONDER

edit on 1/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Wow. That governor is a clown.
No parties longer than 2 hours.
I guess after 2 hours, then you might get corona.
And no god dang singing!
All those darn thanksgiving carols haha

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

All those darn thanksgiving carols haha

karaoke is canceled

edit on 1-11-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I was listening to an interview with Trump that was conducted back in the middle of February. He said that the virus was not like Flu, it was airborne and potentially dangerous in all environments. More virulent and life threatening.

Skip a month later and he had changed his tune. Why? Because he knew it would damage any progress he had made and that he was the manager of such a potential # show.

The disease is real, it effects people in many different ways, and if you are of a certain age, a certain demographic, then you are potentially going to be effected more disproportionately than others.

Nobody likes to have their liberties tread upon, but it’s about protecting our most vulnerable. If being right wing means you couldn’t care less about this demographic, then what does that actually say about you?

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, testified to Congress in March that the mortality rate may be as low as 1% when accounting for people who are infected but don’t develop symptoms severe enough to be tested.

Also, what the hell does singing have to do with transmission of Covid-19 and what difference does it make if you stay 2 hours as opposed to 3 hours?

edit on 11/1/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So unreasonable?

Yes.

You're about ten thousand deaths high

Tracking COVID-19 in California

and still missing the point. I don't know about yours but if someone in our family is sick they stay away from the others. Preventing people from spending time with family has far worse consequences than potentially getting Covid.

Some people, even young and healthy ones, have died of COVID-19. But more elderly ones die. That's a fairly absolute consequence.

The number of deaths are "with" Covid, not "from" Covid and you can cut that in half if it weren't for our governor's stupidity. There are almost no Flu deaths this year.

Because 'flu does not appear to be as infectious as COVID-19 and because the mitigations against COVID-19 are also more effective against 'flu perhaps?

Also possibly because the medical world doesn't believe the BS that COVID-19 is benign and they have put a lot of their resources into dealing with COVID-19 rather than collecting figures on lower priority issues, or it simply takes time to collate and publish all that information?

Why is that? Far fewer heart attack deaths. Why is that? Suicides are up, so is spousal and child abuse. Why is that? The phrase "the cure is worse than the disease" rings solidly true with this virus.

Where are you getting the data? The CDC hasn't yet published most of that for this year?

Here's a link to the CDC Wonder database where you can put queries about those statistics:

CDC WONDER

The CDC isn't posting deaths from the flu because? Because either there aren't many (or any) or they're all being flagged as Covid deaths. We can't trust the causes because the CDC themselves stated on their website that actual deaths FROM Covid were very low. Other illnesses can cause death from complications like, oh... the flu, pneumonia, cancer, vascular disease, asthma, high blood pressure, the list goes on.

So you believe the flu is insignificant. I see. So the 34-65k that died from it last year are insignificant? Ok. The tens of thousands that die from it every year are insignificant? Tell that to their families and that's not even including the potentially hundreds of thousands that would die without the flu vaccine, as weakly effective as it is.

You also keep confusing the fact that almost no one believes Covid isn't dangerous, but rather the manipulation by the media and certain officials that blew it out of proportion are the main problem. No one needed to be locked down for months. Had the correct information been given out freely early on a lot of this would have been prevented. The data manipulation, the media manipulation, the political manipulation has been unnecessary and unforgivable.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I was listening to an interview with Trump that was conducted back in the middle of February. He said that the virus was not like Flu, it was airborne and potentially dangerous in all environments. More virulent and life threatening.

Skip a month later and he had changed his tune. Why? Because he knew it would damage any progress he had made and that he was the manager of such a potential # show.

The disease is real, it effects people in many different ways, and if you are of a certain age, a certain demographic, then you are potentially going to be effected more disproportionately than others.

Nobody likes to have their liberties tread upon, but it’s about protecting our most vulnerable. If being right wing means you couldn’t care less about this demographic, then what does that actually say about you?

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, testified to Congress in March that the mortality rate may be as low as 1% when accounting for people who are infected but don’t develop symptoms severe enough to be tested.

Also, what the hell does singing have to do with transmission of Covid-19 and what difference does it make if you stay 2 hours as opposed to 3 hours?

Have you ever seen how far someone's spit can travel when they're singing loudly?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

it means we're adult enough to decide amongst ourselves as a family what risks we will or won't.

Based on some of the posters around here, I'm starting to think people outside the USA can't fathom this concept.

That's all the more reason Americans need to stand against this blatant conditioning agenda.

Nope. In canada I'm an adult, have assessed the risk to be next to 0, will have a big xmas shindig, old school style if I want. Despite the rules. They can go f!@#$ themselves here too.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Have you ever seen how far someone's spit can travel when they're singing loudly?

I know, right? It sprouts legs and arms upon exiting the oral orifices, walks over to the nearest oblivious sucker, and right hooks the crap out of them for looking at it funny.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

" At what point do you decide your own authority is better than what the government tells you, or will the government always be the best choice to determine what you should do with yourself? "

ALWAYS .

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Judging by some of these posters, they can't decide whether or not they can even have pancakes or waffles in the morning without consulting some bureaucrat.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is that why the left often doesn't agree with weak center-right democrats while the right falls right in line with Trump even when he throws conservatism and out the window?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join