It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My hope is after the election this Covid craziness stops. It seems the Democrats and the media thinks doom and gloom Covid news daily hurts Trump. Yes, Covid is a serious problem but the over the top gloom and doom is politics.

Most people who visit New York will have to quarantine for three days and then prove they are negative for COVID-19 before they are “free to go about their business,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Saturday.

The strict new mandate — which exempts New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania residents — eliminates the governor’s quarantine advisory list, which restricted travel from over 40 coronavirus hotspots across the country.

Now, travelers must show proof of a negative test taken within three days of arriving in the Empire State, and must also quarantine for three more days — and get a new COVID-19 test on the fourth.

nypost.com...

Again, I hope after the election the over the top response stops. The media doesn't want to report any positive news about Covid because they think it helps Trump.

It's like CNN didn't show a Supreme Court Confirmation Hearing because they thought it helped Trump and hurt Biden. It's truly crazytown and I hope after the 3rd it stops but the truth is, it might get a lot worse. If it's close or if Trump wins, all hell is going to break loose.

The truth is, Trump and his supporters are standing in the way of a Globalist agenda of open borders, Middle East regime change wars and perpetual lockdowns. You heard Don Lemon. He can't even be friends with people that don't think like him.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
My hope is after the election this Covid craziness stops. It seems the Democrats and the media thinks doom and gloom Covid news daily hurts Trump. Yes, Covid is a serious problem but the over the top gloom and doom is politics.

Most people who visit New York will have to quarantine for three days and then prove they are negative for COVID-19 before they are “free to go about their business,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Saturday.

The strict new mandate — which exempts New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania residents — eliminates the governor’s quarantine advisory list, which restricted travel from over 40 coronavirus hotspots across the country.

Now, travelers must show proof of a negative test taken within three days of arriving in the Empire State, and must also quarantine for three more days — and get a new COVID-19 test on the fourth.

nypost.com...

Again, I hope after the election the over the top response stops. The media doesn't want to report any positive news about Covid because they think it helps Trump.

It's like CNN didn't show a Supreme Court Confirmation Hearing because they thought it helped Trump and hurt Biden. It's truly crazytown and I hope after the 3rd it stops but the truth is, it might get a lot worse. If it's close or if Trump wins, all hell is going to break loose.

The truth is, Trump and his supporters are standing in the way of a Globalist agenda of open borders, Middle East regime change wars and perpetual lockdowns. You heard Don Lemon. He can't even be friends with people that don't think like him.

LOL well, that will knock down 30-40% from fewer people traveling anyway if not more, you can only prop up businesses for so long. Hotels and restaurants will be dying, and never return.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

What about college students who leave for Thanksgiving break or Christmas break and then return to school? Is he going to put this ridiculous burden on them? And if not, what does that really say about his belief about really needing to take precautions?

p.s. My son goes to Syracuse. If he has to go through that bullish!t after semester break I will be PISSED.
edit on 31-10-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

What about college students who leave for Thanksgiving break or Christmas break and then return to school? Is he going to put this ridiculous burden on them? And if not, what does that really say about his belief about really needing to take precautions?

p.s. My son goes to Syracuse. If he has to go through that bullish!t after semester break I will be PISSED.

IMO, I'd illustrate it being a good kick to the butt to transfer closer to home. He might be amiable to at least considering that, if it's a burden he has to shoulder just for a holiday trip.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yep, it's crazy!

NY does a lot of business and a lot of people come to NY from overseas and other parts of the Country. Where is he going to put them all while they wait 3 days for their test results? Crazytown!!

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Yep, it's crazy!

NY does a lot of business and a lot of people come to NY from overseas and other parts of the Country. Where is he going to put them all while they wait 3 days for their test results? Crazytown!!

So it will include college students returning to school?! Ok. Someone needs to see if that old asshole has a financial interest in the Covid-19 “tests.”

Also: what’s with the random 3-day number? I thought it was 14 days that one needed to behave like a internment camp prisoner? Now it’s 3 and 3? Random? Makes one wonder if it’s all just #cking made up.
edit on 31-10-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If they test positive, are they gonna be put into a nursing home for quarantine time mister cuomo?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
LMAO

That about all I can say. Can't say I'm surprised. This depth of stupidity is what I expect from these clowns at this point.
edit on 10312020 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Good job Cuomo! Destroy your massive tourism industry.

Re-election: I think not.

Meanwhile, my tourist town and biz are doing excellent!

Not meaning to gloat. Just showing an example.

I feel so sorry for tourist trade owners in these fu##ed up states.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

After the Covid-19 Fake Pandemic is Finally Over , I Think Every State in the Union should do some Serious Thinking about Limiting the Legal Powers of Governors . They were Never Given Dictatorial Powers by the People when Elected to Office that they seem to be Exercising Now with No Accountability other than their Dictates Claimed to be within their Powers . They are Servants of the Peoples Will , Someone Needs to Remind them of that and take Legal Action in Congress to Amend Some of them IMO .
edit on 31-10-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This mandate seems to exclude some neighboring states (New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania), clearly to accommodate those that commute to NYC/New York.

But this makes no sense. So someone traveling to NY from Pittsburgh (~300 miles), which is closer to Cleveland and Baltimore than New York City, WON'T need to quarantine, Meanwhile, traveling from Springfield, Massachusetts (50 miles as the crow flies) to NYC WILL require quarantine??

Seems arbitrary to me, designed to look like Cuomo is "being tough" on travel and contact enforcement, but in reality, there seems to be no rational underpinning to the restriction (it's based on state adjacency, NOT distance traveled).

Typical political token measure, made by a politician to look more effective than it actually is.

So glad I'm not commuting to NYC for the foreseeable future.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
How can he enforce this? Road blocks?

Its just a political move; nothing more.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I would love to say NY gets what the deserve and the hell with them. But this isn't just about them. This stuff is not going to stop after the election. This is much bigger than the election. This is about complete control and tracking of people, the absolute destruction of every capitalist economy that exists, and making people so desperate that they will worship gvt and be thankful for every little bone thrown their way. It is about moving away from the individual rights, freedoms, and property and making it all belong to everybody. This is the great reset. Trump is the only thing that can save America and give any of us a voice to fight back and even he can't stop this movement. Americans with American values is the only thing that could come close to stopping it and there isn't enough of them left. If there was we would have never gotten so far down this road to begin with.

The bigger problem is that even if we somehow got out of this, how would the U.S. be able to sustain rights freedom and our own economy when literally the rest of the world has already turned. There is no way they would allow us to be the only ones standing and there is no way we could defend ourselves from everyone at the same time.

It's inspiring to see some people in other countries such as Spain begin to push back but we have countries with quarantine camps, there are lockdowns again starting everywhere, there is talk now of how people shouldn't be able to be around other people in their own home, we have Michigan and Boston U doing contact tracing and digital passport type stuff. It's here, it's moving very fast, and it has all the momentum. And it has turned into a religion for some people who are literally embracing, lockdowns, masks, and the belief that gvt is now their family.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
These are all the quotes from the OPs linked article.

“free to go about their business,”

“Four days plus three days is seven days, and that’s basically, by all probability, the incubation period,”

“There will be no metrics. There will be one rule that applies across the country,”

“microcluster approach,”

“I believe we got their attention in the red zones and the increase in enforcement got their attention. They are displeased with me but the infection rate came down and I believe I did my job.”

“New Yorkers should be really proud of what they’re doing,” Cuomo said. “To be third in the nation is very good.”

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
how are people supposed to make an income if they can't go to work the business is closed down there's riding in the streets you got some weirdo as a governor or mayor of the city who says do as I say not as I do.

What are they trying to do collapse the whole state.

there's got to be something about the thought process of that we no longer can think as groups or individuals as a matter of fact thinking as such is going to be allowed only as a privilege if you fall within the government regulations of being a government leader .

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
NY Governor Andrew Cuomo also said its OK if people die, while his "independent reviewers" verify the Covid-19 vaccine works, after its approved for the public by the FDA.

He's already PERSONALLY responsible for thousands of deaths this year. What's a few hundred more.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The guy needs his teeth kicked in.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 31-10-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
NY Governor Andrew Cuomo also said its OK if people die, while his "independent reviewers" verify the Covid-19 vaccine works, after its approved for the public by the FDA.

He's already PERSONALLY responsible for thousands of deaths this year. What's a few hundred more.

does she have personal security guards 24 hours around the clock
Notice I said she well actually maybe it's an it maybe it's just the Guy waits himself hates his family hates America and hates the city that he lives in and wants to see destroyed
And maybe he shouldn't move to China or North Korea

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
America has pockets where people don't mind experiencing pain in their lives. If New York re-elects Cuomo, we'll know that state is one of the pockets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join