It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
No doubt he will try to enforce it.a reply to: DanDanDat

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlbatrossMaker
No doubt he will try to enforce it.a reply to: DanDanDat

Sure he will no doubt make it look like he is enforcing the impossible to enforce.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: musicismagic
America has pockets where people don't mind experiencing pain in their lives. If New York re-elects Cuomo, we'll know that state is one of the pockets.

Being from NY, I've heard a few people actually say they think Cuomo is doing a wonderful job. They seem unaware of Cuomo's roll in the nursing home debacle, and the fact that NY state is 4th in number of cases (512k) but first in total deaths (33k), and by a WIDE MARGIN (Texas is second in deaths with only 18k).

So my question to the smug governor of the Empire State: what makes you think you're doing things right in your response, when citizens in YOUR state have died from COVID at nearly 2x the rate as the state with next highest death count

NY State Coronavirus Stats

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is a literal violation of the "Privileges and Immunities" Clause of the US Constitution, which was added so that one state could not treat the citizens of differing states, well, differently.

But hey, I guess I'm the only person who read the Constitution anymore.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

edit on 1-11-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Out of all the governors in all the states, this one disgusts me the most. What right does he think he has to do this to citizens of the United States?

Cuomo has seized dictatorship-like power that he should not have. No governor should be allowed this type of power.

Gimme a break. He thinks he has the right to demand that cutizens of other states or other countries take some test which is somewhat invasive to their bodies. He don't have the right to do that just because he's elected governor of ONE state.

It's probably a matter of money. Follow the money trail. Which pharmaceutical company is lining his pockets demanding he force their tests on people, with what? Taxpayers funds of New York citizens? Or is Cuomo demanding federal funds to force citizens of other states to pay for this? Or is Cuomo demanding that people pay out of their own pocket? What personal pharmaceutical company kick-backs does Cuomo personally gain from this?

Disgusts me how some of these governors think that they have the right to control people's bodies. They weren't elected to stop diseases. They weren't elected to cure diseases. Not a single governor elected in power right now was elected for those reasons.

Survival of the fittest. We are the human animal. And if as the human animal we hide from society scared of catching a disease, then we lose our humanity. We as humans have to build up immunity to coronavirus, otherwise we will not be fit to survive.

There's no stopping Covid. It's global. It's everywhere. And its going to continue to mutate just like the common cold mutates. A year from now, a different strain will sweep the globe. 5 years from now, another strain. We can't hide in our homes for years and years hiding from every strain of coronavirus that sweeps the globe.

Politicians don't have the right to keep people in their homes saying don't do this. Don't do that. It's like they are telling people that they don't have the right to build up their immunity to this disease and other diseases. What if the next mutation is worse and half of New York never caught the first strain thus no immunity to the second strain.

Politicians who think they have the right to play dictators over everyone's immune systems just disgusts me.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That’s what I meant

a reply to: DanDanDat

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MapMistress
a reply to: neoholographic

Out of all the governors in all the states, this one disgusts me the most. What right does he think he has to do this to citizens of the United States?

You may have forgotten about J Beluga “Toilets” Pritzker.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join