It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson looks set to Announce 1 month Lockdown for England

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: Serdgiam
Been saying it for months now it's all about controlled demolition of the economy.....smoke and mirrors...

Rainbows
Jane

for whose benefit?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: oloufo

in germany we start the 2nd lockdown on monday. but it's a soft lockdown. schools stay open. so do certain businesses.

I have a feeling that yours may be the model we follow.

the government has learned from the first lockdown. communication works pretty well. i personally think it was the right decision. let's see how it goes.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Been saying it for months now it's all about controlled demolition of the economy.....smoke and mirrors...

Rainbows
Jane

for whose benefit?

who would benefit from people asking for a change? To be saved?

Who is left with resources?

My wife, a nurse, thinks its all been a psychological experiment to see how people respond.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Yeah, but MAGA merch is gonna be an extinct business next week. 😛😛😛

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What, exactly does that have to do with a lockdown in Britain?

Must you bring your TDS into every aspect of your thinking?

Sad........

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Really dude. Check a bruthas post history. I voted Trump.

And the emoji might have been a hint.

Carry on a keep a mask on.

a reply to: Mach2

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A second lockdown has just be announced , schools and workplaces stay open furlough now extended to December for those lucky enough to qualify , lockdown starts Thursday following a vote in Parliament.

On the plus side for me is there should be fewer cars on the road...that's all I got.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Imo, March through June was the test.

Time to go live.

What better time than at the moment of a contested election.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

Rainbows
Jane

so millions of people have conspired to destroy the global economy? doctors, nurses, paramedics, scientists, journalists, politicians etc... and for what purpose?

Not at all. That's not how it works.

Only the highest level NWO puppeteers are in on the plan. The peon sheep have just been brainwashed by propaganda, reinforced daily by the MSM.

It isn't their fault. The information they recieve is heavily controlled, and any dissent can mean ostracism, and the end of one's career.

The fact that the media, WHO, and leftist pols have manipulated the data to fit an agenda is not even in question. If not, explain the huge discrepancy in Influenza deaths this year, as opposed to years past.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Rainbows
Jane

for whose benefit?

who would benefit from people asking for a change? To be saved?

Who is left with resources?

My wife, a nurse, thinks its all been a psychological experiment to see how people respond.

Also a nurse....after working in Covid ITU for a bit I would have to disagree with your good lady

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

well, to be fair....you work with the worst cases. She works in psych. Maybe you both have your outlook skewed by your profession to some degree.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So Halloween and Boris announces lockdown to start on 5th November....there's irony in there somewhere...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Well spotted , I hadn't considered the dates.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's all being coordinated behind the scenes, WHO being the one conducting this orchestra.

North America will, I'm sure, be following suit soon, to be fast tracked or deferred a while, depending on who wins the US election. IMO the shutdowns are being staggered across continents/nations to minimize their profile in the media, and to prevent hysteria/push back.

If you're going to shut everything down with maximum effect, wouldn't you try to ~synchronize~ countries closing at the same time, to avoid travelers from un-quarantined countries slipping through the cracks? (which is exactly what we saw in the spring). Makes no sense to have parts of Europe lock down, then other parts of Europe,and then North America and everyone else. Like I said, I feel it's being done this way as a public relations tactic, not in any way according to any protocol or justification from an epidemiology standpoint.

Incidentally, US elections are next week, and whudayaknow, with the uncertainty and doubt about what is looming on the horizon for the US, conveniently it seems many Western governments are putting their citizens in lockdown now; what a coinkydink.

This seems to me to be a complete proactive, precautionary, overly pessimistic lock down policy that is being pursued. In the spring, the impact, virulence and lethality of this illness were all UNKNOWNS. Prudence and caution were very much justified. Now though, we've had the better part of 2020 to study this thing, prepare treatments and launch research into a vaccine. The degree of uncertainty and danger, in my opinion, for COVID is nowhere near where it was back in Feb-March.

I predict much more resistance and criticism of lock down policy this time around, particularly if there is very no pronounced increase in mortality rates, and especially if the mortality rates continue to skew towards the elderly and infirm.

ETA:

FOR THE RECORD, I feel that locking down society whilst leaving our children to still attend school is either

a) gutless, an act of cowardice to send our children to school while the adults huddle at home, IF (BIG IF) THOSE IN POWER REALLY FEAR THE HEALTH IMPACT OF SECOND WAVES

~or~

b.) a telling sign that the health impact of the second wave isn't anticipated to be as deadly as the initial wave, and the entire lock down is just a precautionary measure to keep everyone at home from an OVER-abundance of caution

So which is it WHO?

- are you permitting our children to attend school in the midst of a very hazardous second wave of COVID or
- this whole thing is contrived
edit on 31-10-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So Halloween and Boris announces lockdown to start on 5th November....there's irony in there somewhere...

Rainbows
Jane

Remember Remember the 5th of November

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A reply to oloufo:

For the Great Reset. It's not hard to look up and read about. In fact it has its own website. Just look up world economic forum great reset. Or read the time magazine article that just came out in the issue titled "The Great Reset". And yes, tons have people have conspired to do this, and the rest are unwillingly helping it happen out of fear.

It's amazing how can people be so out of touch and still manage to live their daily lives.

Also coming soon (very) to a U.S. near you
edit on 31-10-2020 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is not good, another lockdown and terrible things will happen because of it. They can order these lockdowns forever, the test are good excuse . what if this will just continue for many Years, allways flattenig the curve , well the economy will be flattened and peoples life be ruined .

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

This is not good, another lockdown and terrible things will happen because of it. They can order these lockdowns forever, the test are good excuse . what if this will just continue for many Years, allways flattenig the curve , well the economy will be flattened and peoples life be ruined .

That's the plan. Part of it anyway.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the U.S. will follow suit here in just a few...
I wonder, will it be a 30 day lockdown like the "2 WEEK" one in April that hasn't even been entirely lifted yet in many places?
The sheep are so gullible...

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Germany has 175,280 active cases 1944 of them critical. in a population of 83,873,315 sounds like an extreme Ãœberreaktion,

UK doesn't list active cases but new cases are 21915 with 978 of them critical in a population of 68,004,678 again it sounds extreme.

and yes sending the kids to school while doing this, is completely asinine in itself.

Of course, these leaders are going to double down and continue the same hyper restrictive measures.
edit on 31-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This. This i agree with completely.

Will people die? Sure. But to expect the entire world to hide out and kill our economy and civilization is asinine. Im not one of those that balks at masks. I wear mine, at least when going into public places. And see no issue with masks. But lockdowns? Just stupid.

FWIW, the business I operate is outperforming the same time last year. Significantly.

We need to understand the initial shut downs were based on the possible millions dying in an unknown Black Swan event. Now we know that the Virus isn't that much more lethal than the normal flu outside of being a Nuevo virus that will hit older people harder while actually being weaker with younger people than the normal flu, AND it seems to have about a 3xs infection rate compared to the normal flu which increases the risk somewhat too.

We have also seen great gains in caring for people that have serious symptoms compared to the vast majorly who get hardly anything at all. We are seeing a 85% better chance to survive it now compared to 6 months ago. We learn fast...

With all that said, why would you not go for herd immunity while keeping the most vulnerable isolated until a vaccine, or until herd immunity drops infection cases to very low.

What we now know with the virus the lock downs don't make sense anymore and even in other places across EU where they are in full lock down and 100% masks are showing higher infection rates than the US and other countries not locked down at all. 80% of transmissions is in the home, so lock it all down and turn everyone's home into a breeding ground...not good

edit on 31-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join