It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson looks set to Announce 1 month Lockdown for England

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Boris has consistently been four weeks behind the game.
If there was going to be a national lockdown it should have been then.
He made exactly the same mistake back in March.
He seems completely incapable of doing anything proactively and is constantly firefighting.

Do the benefits outweigh the negatives?
Not for me.

My parents are both in their 70's and have more or less shielded since January.
They didn't start venturing out of their house till just a few weeks ago.....I suspect they'll cabin up again.
I do most of their shopping and stay a safe distance from them.....it guts me that I can't have a pint with Dad but I know its the common sense approach.

He doesn't need every 'none essential business' to shut for him to understand what is best for him and my Mother.

People know what they should or shouldn't do.
There's simply no need for a national lockdown.

I understand the resoning behind not wanting to overload the NHS.
They've had months to plan for this, everyone knew there would be a second wave.
What have they done?

Expert after expert has said that this would have been avoidable if the NHS hadn't been criminally under-funded for decades, if our Health Care system for the aged and vulnerable wasn't so obsessed with making money and not with providing the care they need or if we hadn't allowed so much foreign travel both into and out of the UK.

Then we get the selfish who refuse to wear masks because of some perceived invasion on their civil liberties or who think they are immune to the virus or use the pandemic as an excuse to show just how much of a rebel they are.

This lockdown will do more harm than good but there are sensible precautions that we all should follow and we need the government and the Opposition to stop playing their petty games of oneupmanship and concentrate on producing a proactive, joined up and coherent plan that will see this country though the outbreak and have an exit plan that puts people before profit.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: Serdgiam
Been saying it for months now it's all about controlled demolition of the economy.....smoke and mirrors...

Rainbows
Jane

so millions of people have conspired to destroy the global economy? doctors, nurses, paramedics, scientists, journalists, politicians etc... and for what purpose?

Not at all. That's not how it works.

Only the highest level NWO puppeteers are in on the plan. The peon sheep have just been brainwashed by propaganda, reinforced daily by the MSM.

It isn't their fault. The information they recieve is heavily controlled, and any dissent can mean ostracism, and the end of one's career.

The fact that the media, WHO, and leftist pols have manipulated the data to fit an agenda is not even in question. If not, explain the huge discrepancy in Influenza deaths this year, as opposed to years past.

Are you saying the doctors and health care professionals who are perpetuating this are too thick to see through the MSM lies but you are clever enough to get it?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

230,000 Americans died because of Covid.

If we hadn't of shut down?

230,000 Americans would have died because of Covid.

I'm sorry for anyone who has to suffer the shutdowns.

Isn't Guy Fawkes Day around the corner?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Michigan here
Rule 1 take your temp before leaving for work
Rule 2 Log into a work answer 4 questions before leaving home
Rule 3 Take your temp again after arriving at work.
Rule 4 Log in at work answer 4 questions again

My rule I don't do the second set of questions or the temp check because my ass wouldn't be here if I didn't pass the first 2.

They told me I am going to get 3 days off if I don't do it. I told them to make it 5 So I could enjoy.

They are reviewing their rules.

Rule 11 I am in charge of the building. STOP THE STUPID STUFF!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"Sir, people are infected with a corona-virus that's airborne and highly contagious. The death rate seems to be massively low for healthy people and those with no co-morbidities".

"My word dear avisor, shut the entire country down NOW, we must isolate all healthy people in their homes, don't allow them to go the gym or outside with their families, shut down the shops, except the mega stores who pay our wages and bribe us. Hand out fines if people want to act normal and for the love of ALL that is good, make sure people stay 2 feet apart, sanitize (gotta create that real superbug) and walk the same way around shops - oh let's make sure care homes are locked down with the ill people STILL INSIDE please and lets have people dance back-to-back instead of face to face. Close ALL businesses that I will deem none essential and make sure no one hugs their kids, close the schools too so the people with jobs can't go to work anyway hahahahaha.

"er. That will literally wipe out all small and mediu......"

"DO EET NOW, HEIL HEIL, DO EEEET" "Ve kant be seen doing nothing, ze people will blame us for their loved one's dying, VE
DECIDE VAT IS ESSENTIAL, VE DECIDE WHO DIES, VE DECIDE IF YOU LEAVE HOME"!!!!!

This is the true story of how this whole lockdown nonsense started. You do NOT quarantine healthy people, it's absolutely absurd. We are imprisoned and owned, not protected.

I hate this place now...... When was it the governments right to decide which businesses died, they're evil people and we trust them with our lives. Screw them. They'll answer to their maker, the lot of them....
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
For the amount of money we have lost a damn Hasmut suit could have been bought for every citizen!.

Every citizen could then have MADE THEIR OWN CHOICE about whether to go out and whether to wear it when they are around other people.

This is not about the virus, it is about control.
We are never going back to normal daily life unless the people stand up and reject this horse#.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

230,000 Americans died because of Covid.

If we hadn't of shut down?

230,000 Americans would have died because of Covid.

I'm sorry for anyone who has to suffer the shutdowns.

Isn't Guy Fawkes Day around the corner?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

When are people going to wake up and realise this has nothing to do with a virus?

I’ll bet never.

Welcome to the 4th industrial revolution everyone, pack yer masks and toilet paper cause the stench of sh!t is rampant.

edit on 31/10/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Sweden never mandated masks or locked down, how many people died there this week from Convid?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

At the end who benefits from all the businesses going down, are we going to wake up one day and see a sign that says
"Mega Pan Mart" the one-stop-shop for everything owned by a mega Corporation, in a neighborhood near you, restructuring is ongoing.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm beginning to think this is more of a way of smoothly transitioning from one economic structure to another. The oil industry was on it's way out anyways, the petro dollar was bound to collapse. When all this went down chainlink, crypto, etc. all exploded in trading, and oil tanked. All the while car company's somehow exploded in electric vehicle technology.
If all this sudden changed happened with our regular schedules, it would take a lot of hurt, and a lot of reforming in politics, and markets would go insane.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Been saying it for months now it's all about controlled demolition of the economy.....smoke and mirrors...

Rainbows
Jane

Well, what you have been saying for months is bull#. There is no controlled demolition, it is uncontrolled demolition caused by a perfect storm of pandemic, politics, BLM, ANTIFA, and #ing stupid liberals that just do not know how to fix what is broke and want to blame everyone and everything except themselves.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Rainbows
Jane

for whose benefit?

You've been here a long time you should know it's all about the money.

Now who benefits? Hasn't Amazon made a record 96 billion this year? (not sure on figure go check).

Think about it seriously......we close small business, people can't buy what they need...where do they go? Online of course.

Now the biggest problem is linking the UK politicians to the missing Billions since March, you know, all that money sent out to companies for PPE that did'nt even deal with PPE. A sweet shop got millions....think on that again...a sweet shop. Link the politicians to the hand outs , it's always follow the money.

Good day to you Sir

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I feel like this is only going to get worse. I've seen some dire warnings lately interpreting global events and it seems like a major change is happening.

I really hope I'm wrong, and make no claim to be a clairvoyant or anything like that, but I see a lot of pain in the future and lower standard of living for the majority of the globe's population.

Why are we locking up healthy people in their homes?

This is evil and not enough people are revolting because they're JUST comfortable enough with their TV and Internet.

Governments might have to be overthrown to stop this or they'll press harder.

War is coming, I'm afraid.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

A large part of the globalist agenda is the balancing out of standards of living around the world.

I'm all for raising the standard of living in third world countries etc but not by lowering the standard of living in first world countries....that is simply going about things arse first.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I've just noticed that my age-range has suddenly become part of the "vulnerable" catagory. At least we're not "shielded", so I can still go and buy my own food-but presumably that's because helping an enlarged "shielded" category would be much too expensive for everyone.

In fact, on close inspection, this enlargement of the "vulnerable" category looks like a disguised, oblique way of reducing the obligation to "shield".
edit on 1-11-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Clearly, there is much more going on in the background under the pretext of the virus threat. We all know (including those of you less inclined to accept certain conspiracies) that you do not shutdown economies simply because of a viral disease. You simply do not do it. Fact is, government and medical agency responses to the virus have been far more damaging than the virus itself. Responses have been mostly based on 'what if...' scenarios, with no real fact basis to support the hypocritical, contradictory and nonsensical decisions.

The most simplistic way to perceive the deliberate dismantling of economy is to understand that globalisation agendas are being implemented. One of the main goals of globalisation is to get all peoples of all countries complying to the globalisation vision, which requires a complete restructuring of societies into one homogeneous society. Globalists will not ask the question if you will accept their vision, they will simply demolish what already is and turn it into what they want, using any means necessary to do so.

For Americans, the thorn in the side of the globalists is Trump, as he is a businessman, and he knows the value of free entrepreneurial enterprise, allowing individuals to create their own businesses (the heartbeat of the American dream). Globalists don't want free individuals doing that, they don't want individuality, because individuality will not agree with being highly-controlled within the narrow spectrum of liberty they will allow.

Globalists needed a threat that could bring all countries into a form of synchronisation, acting in tandem with one another, and they got this with the manufactured Sars-Cov-2 virus. Everything about this virus is a globalist's wet dream. It is highly contagious, it mutates rapidly, and any anti-bodies made from catching it the first time quickly reduce in a few months making it possible to be re-infected, making the point of any vaccine null and void. If that wasn't enough, those infected can be asymptomatic, showing no symptoms but still infectious. So, we become suspicious of everyone, especially anyone bucking the viral crisis trend.

All this serves to heighten the scare-mongering of governments, medical agencies and scientists, and the MSM. They continuously beat the drum of how bad it is, and more importantly - how bad things COULD BE to justify the nonsense of how they expect people to function in our virus society. They have us policing each other, and want us to spy and inform on those who don't comply. They appeal not to commonsense, but to emotion, with posters showing how people are wearing masks to protect one another, and getting tested for one another. "I'm doing it for you, won't you do it for me?"

Meanwhile, economies are being deliberately brought to their knees in preparation for restructuring into one homogeneous economy. All countries will be brought to operate under the exact same set of rules, legislation and parameters, and all in sync with one another. There is no room for individuality in this reset. They intend to make people hurt to the point that they will accept their vision and comply with all the restructuring. From the top down, at each layer down to the shop floor, people will operate to make the globalist agenda real and implemented, even if they don't ideologically agree with it. They will do so to keep their job, and the level of lifestyle they enjoy. Managers will be less-inclined to speak out or buck the trend, but most will enthusiastically embrace it. They will work and operate within the agenda and instructions they are given to ensure those below them comply.

I am nearly 61 years old, and to be honest, I don't expect to see this blow over in my life time, whatever is left of it? I expect many to defend the indefensible, to function within unreasonable parameters, and to ultimately accept something that at one time, they could never have reconciled themselves to. They will have us all flee from our own principals, and prostitute ourselves in supplication to the globalist vision.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire
So very well and eloquently said, thank you...Wish I could star you more than once...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Clearly, there is much more going on in the background under the pretext of the virus threat. We all know (including those of you less inclined to accept certain conspiracies) that you do not shutdown economies simply because of a viral disease.

The idea behind the lockdown is to try and stop the NHS being swamped so closing clinics for other illnesses and risking the lives of those without COVID.

I don't agree with this second lockdown but can see why it's being implemented but I don't think the short term gain is worth the long term pain , it's a tough call to make and Boris has my sympathy.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
gortex:

The idea behind the lockdown is to try and stop the NHS being swamped so closing clinics for other illnesses and risking the lives of those without COVID.

I'm not sure whether you believe the statement you made, or if you are simply making a statement explaining why we have lock-down? Just to be clear, I don't accept the NHS to be more important than the country's economy, bearing in mind that without an healthy economy, the NHS cannot be paid for. In fact, trying to save the NHS from being overwhelmed is like saving the paintings in an house fire, but leaving the kids behind. It's a decision that is entirely wrong. It's the economy that wants saving/repairing.

We have already seen that lock-downs don't actually work, they just kick the can down the road. Lock-downs are just a prevarication to doing the right thing, and that is simply to get on with life regardless of what is out there. It cannot be beyond our wit and experience to deal correctly with this viral threat, but government response has been everything but correct. It has been damaging, destructive, costly, and utterly nonsensical. Instead of saving the crown, they merely want to save one jewel in it, the rest of the crown is expendable, like people's jobs and livelihoods.

I've got no sympathy for Johnson, none at all. He constantly says one thing, then back tracks and says another. He only listens to one clique of scientists who have a history of getting things wrong. They are like pseudo-seismological alarmists constantly screaming "earthquake coming!", all the while nothing happens. There are plenty other experts who could equally advise him to better alternative ways in dealing with the threat without breaking the economy. Johnson is just battering the whole country to save one institution of it. It doesn't make sense.

What does make plausible sense is the constant stench of social engineering being implemented. It is occurring at every level of society, even to the point of telling you what you can and cannot do in your own home and garden. They are trying to modify people at the physical and psychological parameters, hoping to drag it all out so that we all habituate to the so-called 'new normal'. That use of that phrase alone, tells you that they are modifying things for perpetuity. What gives them the authority to tell all the people what kind of country they can have, and how they can live in it?

No. The NHS is important and was borne out of noble principals, but it is not more important or more noble than the country that spawned it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join