It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson looks set to Announce 1 month Lockdown for England

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So as the tier system isn't cutting the mustard it's believed that in an address to the Nation which was scheduled for 5pm Johnson will anounce the lockdown which will end on December 2nd.
Obviously it's after 5pm now so I guess the finishing touches are still being made to the plans.

Boris Johnson , the man who saved Christmas !

For me it's the wrong move should the plan be announced , it's time to accept the fact that we're going to have to live with COVID and its consequences or face economic ruin , we've seen that lockdowns don't work and the cost both Human and financial isn't worth the short term gain.

No more lockdowns !

edit on 31-10-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Agreed, the economic and mental strain is far worse than the 10 or 15 octogenarians dieing from the flu.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

For me it's the wrong move should the plan be announced , it's time to accept the fact that we're going to have to live with COVID and its consequences or face economic ruin , we've seen that lockdowns don't work and the cost both Human and financial isn't worth the short term gain.

This. This i agree with completely.

Will people die? Sure. But to expect the entire world to hide out and kill our economy and civilization is asinine. Im not one of those that balks at masks. I wear mine, at least when going into public places. And see no issue with masks. But lockdowns? Just stupid.

FWIW, the business I operate is outperforming the same time last year. Significantly.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Clearly the last 8 months of stabbing the hospitality/travel sector in the back wasn't enough....best twist that knife a little more Boris and mess them all up right before Christmas.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah, but MAGA merch is gonna be an extinct business next week. 😛😛😛

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It isn't only octogenarians who are falling victim although older people are more susceptible , COVID is more dangerous than the Flu but we have to accept the fact that we can't stop it and controlling it is causing more problems than it's solving.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If 12 weeks didn't do it, then 4 weeks sure as hell wont.
Fed up with it all now......

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I wish this was the wild west...id go a ridin and a ropin, a whompin and a whoopin every epdemioligist to an inch of ther lives.
Signed
Clevon

a reply to: gortex

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: lakenheath24

It isn't only octogenarians who are falling victim although older people are more susceptible , COVID is more dangerous than the Flu but we have to accept the fact that we can't stop it and controlling it is causing more problems than it's solving.

I agree.

I think that there are steps you can take such as a stoping visits to hospitals/old folks homes, get people working from home where possible, using masks, even a competent track and trace (controversial I know)...

But I am not convinced that national lockdowns work.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I’m astonished that these politicians think they can ruin everyone’s livelihoods and think they will be re-elected when the time comes. They all deserve lifetime prison sentences.

In the states, if Biden wins and locks everyone down, it won’t have the same docile effect the first go around had.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Additionally, one of my closest friends is in France. He’s had the COVID for the last two weeks. He’s pissed they got locked down again.

He says the headache and difficulty breathing is not worth being locked down for a month. It’s a freaking flu.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That was obviously a facetious reply.
You just gotta let it burn through.
These same fools thought 500,000 were gonna die last March.

And lest we forget....33% of covid deaths......arent.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

No matter what, can't stop a virus with an agenda.

Unless you get a vaccine with an agenda too.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Lockdowns will be exceptionally effective for their intended purpose. Of course, they dont do much of anything for a virus (at best).

Expect more of them until the vast majority of markets are consolidated and control mechanisms have been deployed to restrict access to them.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think a massive part of the problem with Covid has been communication with the public.

I blame that on the media and government, as well as I have to say in part the public at large not doing their own research.

There seems to be an unrealistic expectation that this virus can be medically eradicated when the truth is that virtually no virus has ever been medically eradicated (small pox being a notable exemption). Instead we need to shift this unrealistic expectation towards the more realistic exception of social eradication, like what we have done with HIV where by society just learns to live with the virus.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

in germany we start the 2nd lockdown on monday. but it's a soft lockdown. schools stay open. so do certain businesses. we are all a bit annoyed but most of us accept the decision. nevertheless certain measures are critically questioned. honestly i don't want to be the responsible person in such a situation.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

What is the intended purpose.....?

(rhetorical)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Been saying it for months now it's all about controlled demolition of the economy.....smoke and mirrors...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

in germany we start the 2nd lockdown on monday. but it's a soft lockdown. schools stay open. so do certain businesses.

I have a feeling that yours may be the model we follow.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Been saying it for months now it's all about controlled demolition of the economy.....smoke and mirrors...

Rainbows
Jane

so millions of people have conspired to destroy the global economy? doctors, nurses, paramedics, scientists, journalists, politicians etc... and for what purpose?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join