It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Coney Barrett has been confirmed 52-48

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

So because the GOP broke the systems and democrats did what they had to get it functional again, it will be the DEMs fault when they do it agian?

Dems broke it first and are now paying the price... reread my post lol

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

But ACB could not hear those cases if they waited... they had to rush her through in order for that to happen.

And something about that is illegal ?

If so, why wasn't this entire process challenged in court ?

Look up the actual wording of new Justices entering active cases. 😎

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I just saw the end of Amy Coney-Barrett's speech after being sworn in. Was that REALLY President Trump standing there?

He held 3 rallies in Pennsylvania today. Holy smokes.

And 3 tomorrow 😎

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

So because the GOP broke the systems and democrats did what they had to get it functional again, it will be the DEMs fault when they do it agian?

So to you Democrats, if you don't get your way, you advocate changing the rules to get your way. Then whine and complain when someone else uses that new rule change of yours. So, you propose to change another rule to correct the use of the first rule change you advocated.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense, in Bizarro World (or a spoiled child's backyard game).

Bravo Democrats. Here is your participation trophy so you don't get all teary eyed.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I... but... that was not what we were talking about...

Mitch McConnell left so many judicial appointments open it literally was breaking parts of the Federal Government INCLUDING the Supreme Court...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And 3 tomorrow 😎

Trump is a freak'en machine...they say he works 16 hours a day...has always been like that. I would love to see Biden do 3 rallies in 3 different states in one day...damn that would be fun to watch.

edit on 26-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

And 3 tomorrow 😎

Trump is freaken machine...they say he works 16 hours a day...has always been like that. I would love to see Biden do 3 rallies in 3 different states in one day...damn that would be fun to watch.

Honestly, I'd be surprised to see Biden do 3 events in a year.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I just saw the end of Amy Coney-Barrett's speech after being sworn in. Was that REALLY President Trump standing there?

He held 3 rallies in Pennsylvania today. Holy smokes.

And 3 tomorrow 😎

Wow... Tireless. That's what "clean living" will give you, I guess.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Mitch McConnell left so many judicial appointments open it literally was breaking parts of the Federal Government INCLUDING the Supreme Court...

Did you see where I posted that Obama appointed 312? More than the last 50 years combined... And you are complaining…holy hell man...geez

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I wouldn't know...I got to have my cigars, whiskey and P.... Only things keeping me going at 60.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What the hell does that have to do with McConnell still leaving vacant many more and breaking the government while doing so?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

And 3 tomorrow 😎

Trump is freaken machine...they say he works 16 hours a day...has always been like that. I would love to see Biden do 3 rallies in 3 different states in one day...damn that would be fun to watch.

Joe Biden said today he's been working 12 hour days for over a year!

Source: wjno.iheart.com... ats-not-a-12-hour-day-yet/

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What the hell does that have to do with McConnell still leaving vacant many more and breaking the government while doing so?

What law was broken doing so?
I will wait.....

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I wouldn't know...I got to have my cigars, whiskey and P.... Only things keeping me going at 60.

The bottom line is to go out of this life HAPPY.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What law was broken doing so...?
I will wait.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

What law was broken doing so...?
I will wait.

I cant think of a law but he did take the Senate oath of Office. Pretty sure breaking the government to get your way goes against "faithfully discharging the duties of the office" but oaths mean nothing to most.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Not sure other than you are pissing in the wind...

The 114th’s record pales when compared to the final two years of the Reagan, Clinton, and Bush administrations. Then, as in 2015-16, the other party controlled the Senate. The 114th Senate both confirmed far fewer judges than its recent other-party predecessors and stopped confirming them at a much earlier point. Some of the 2016 vacancies Trump inherited occurred after any confirmation clock would have stopped. Still, of the 21 circuit vacancies he’s filled as of late May and others he soon will, up to seven could have had Obama appointees under pre-2015 norms. So too, up to 71 of the district vacancies he inherited and has only begun to fill could have had Obama appointees.

So not close to what happen to Reagan, Bush or Clinton in vacancies...Breaking the Goverment? Seems very norm to me other than Obama appointed a massive number even with the 71 left open that Trump has filled.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

But ACB could not hear those cases if they waited... they had to rush her through in order for that to happen.
Tell me Pyle, If the Dems were in control of the white house and senate, and the R's had the house, would the dems run their choice through, or would they not, because it would be nicer to wait?

You don't have to answer, but perhaps that will help you sleep.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Does anybody know if appointing judges and justices for partisan reasons is unconstitutional ? 🦊

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Does anybody know if appointing judges and justices for partisan reasons is unconstitutional ? 🦊

Joe Biden now says he's for "rotating" Justices.

www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like he wants to make the Supreme Court dizzy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join