It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

177 arrests, 109 survivors rescued during largest anti-human trafficking operation in Ohio

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost discussed the results of what he believes was the largest anti-human tracking operation in the state’s history, which was conducted in the last week, WOIO reported.

A virtual press conference with Yost, as well as representatives from the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center, U.S. Marshals Service, Mahoning County Sheriff’s Office and more was held on Monday morning.

Yost announced that 177 arrests of “Johns” and traffickers were made during Operation Hope. More than a dozen of those arrests involved men who were attempting to arrange sex with a child.

177 arrests, 109 survivors rescued during largest anti-human trafficking operation in Ohio’s history

I am sure the survivors are being given help and support. My thoughts are with them.

Not much other info out there as of yet.

I hope this is just the beginning, I would love to see record setting arrests sweep the country and globe.

Only thing I could find on YT at this time.

ETA -

According to WHIO, members of law enforcement had four priorities during the sweep:

Rescuing victims and referring them to social services.
Recovering missing and exploited children.
Catching people trying to have sex with a minor.
Arresting male johns trying to buy sex.

In southern Ohio, 76 missing and exploited children cases were closed and 45 children were recovered by U.S. Marshals, WHIO reported.

The Attorney General’s office said 157 arrests were made in only three counties, WBNS reported.
Operation Autumn Hope: More than 100 human trafficking survivors rescued

ETA -

"Among those missing included a 15-year-old girl missing from Cleveland whose recovery linked her and other possible victims to an individual in Columbus suspected of human trafficking; a 15-year-old male with two warrants who is a suspect in multiple shootings and a homicide; and a 14-year-old girl who was reported missing by the Lancaster Police Department who was recovered in Columbus within six hours of being reported missing,” the Ohio A.G.’s office said.

An additional 20 or so missing children cases were also cleared.

“My thanks to all personnel who have stepped up for this operation,” said Peter C. Tobin, U.S. Marshal for the Southern District of Ohio. “These are the same personnel who hunt down violent fugitives every day.”
US marshals rescue 45 missing children as part of 'Operation Autumn Hope'

edit on 26-10-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Degenerate filth.

I certainly hope when they end up in prison the guards tell everyone what they’re in for.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
But we're told this stuff is all a conspiracy conjured up by alt, far, whatever term they're using this week right conspiracy theorists who are essentially domestic terrorists.......

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If trump gets beat I hope the next administration keeps funding these operations, if he wins I hope he at a minimum keeps up the pressure.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I wonder how much funding was put into the new stimulus package for this type of operation.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
But we're told this stuff is all a conspiracy conjured up by alt, far, whatever term they're using this week right conspiracy theorists who are essentially domestic terrorists.......

Like "SUV Special Victims Unit" hasn't been alerting us to this stuff for the past 20 years! But, we're supposed to believe that Trump and Qanon are the only ones to ever care or do anything about sex traffickers. SMH

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Like "SUV Special Victims Unit" hasn't been alerting us to this stuff for the past 20 years! But, we're supposed to believe that Trump and Qanon are the only ones to ever care or do anything about sex traffickers. SMH

Then it should be easy for you to link a few stories of big busts like this when Obama and Biden were running things.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No but he is the first president I can recall harping on it fairly steadily for 4 years, and I honestly cant remember so many resuces getting this sort of press.

Any publicity on something like this is great, the more people know the more likely they are to watch over their at risk family members.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Sure!

The President’s Interagency Task Force to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons has forged unprecedented collaboration in the federal government and increased prosecutorial capacity and improved victim-identification and assistance efforts in the United States. Throughout this Administration, federal law enforcement agencies have initiated over 6,000 human trafficking cases and secured over 4,000 convictions. Additionally, law enforcement investigations have identified more than 2,000 victims of human trafficking – a statistic that is now available through the Victim Assistance Database, a resource that did not exist prior to December 2011.

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

The Department of Justice continues to return record prosecution results. In FY 2016, DOJ initiated a total of 241 human trafficking prosecutions, charging 531 defendants. During FY 2016, DOJ convicted 439 defendants in human trafficking prosecutions.
In FY 2016, the FBI investigated 1,894 cases involving the domestic and international trafficking of adult and juvenile victims for purposes of commercial sex and forced labor. Additionally, the Department of Homeland Security initiated 1,025 human trafficking cases and identified 435 victims of human trafficking.

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost discussed the results of what he believes was the largest anti-human tracking operation in the state’s history, which was conducted in the last week, WOIO reported.

A virtual press conference with Yost, as well as representatives from the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center, U.S. Marshals Service, Mahoning County Sheriff’s Office and more was held on Monday morning.

Yost announced that 177 arrests of “Johns” and traffickers were made during Operation Hope. More than a dozen of those arrests involved men who were attempting to arrange sex with a child.

177 arrests, 109 survivors rescued during largest anti-human trafficking operation in Ohio’s history

I am sure the survivors are being given help and support. My thoughts are with them.

Not much other info out there as of yet.

I hope this is just the beginning, I would love to see record setting arrests sweep the country and globe.

Only thing I could find on YT at this time.

ETA -

According to WHIO, members of law enforcement had four priorities during the sweep:

Rescuing victims and referring them to social services.
Recovering missing and exploited children.
Catching people trying to have sex with a minor.
Arresting male johns trying to buy sex.

In southern Ohio, 76 missing and exploited children cases were closed and 45 children were recovered by U.S. Marshals, WHIO reported.

The Attorney General’s office said 157 arrests were made in only three counties, WBNS reported.
Operation Autumn Hope: More than 100 human trafficking survivors rescued

Geez , I gotta Blame President Trump for That..........

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
KEEP IT CIVIL - THIS IS NOT THE MUD PIT

Do not reply to this post.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I don't see where almost 200 people were arrested during one operation.

I don't remember as many arrests or arrests this big back then or before.

It could just be the ME.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No words needed;

All fake Qanon rubbish though, amirite amirite?
edit on 26102020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Here's 300 in 2014.

In 2011 the FBI busted the 'world's largest ring' and made 184 arrests.

edit on 26-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

No words needed;

Did you just post a meme with the word 'false' on it about Trump's claims in defense of Trump?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, just caught that one myself as I'm getting bombarded with support calls.

Re-posted without it as I don't believe it's been disproven and I accidentally discredited my own point.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Re-posted without it as I don't believe it's been disproven and I accidentally discredited my own point.

It has, ICE posted their actual statistics.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Here's 300 in 2014.

In 2011 the FBI busted the 'world's largest ring' and made 184 arrests.

Good.

Maybe it's because it gets more media play these days. It seems like there are more arrests now.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It has, ICE posted their actual statistics.

Will need to look in to this and confirm for myself, if true I'm willing to own the fact i post something that has been disproven. My support for the orange man doesn't go so far as to prop him up with false information.

Question though, as an Aussie I understand ICE to be focused on immigration - is that the case? If so, would that then mean their numbers are only reflective of trafficking victims who have come over a border?
edit on 26102020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I will give trump credit if he would stop the war on drugs and start the war on child abuse and human trafficking where you have real victims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join