It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three year old boy in Texas shoots and kills himself at his own birthday party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

To my knowledge,California has a very draconian attitude
towards gun ownership.I really doubt they have gun laws
that protect the shooters unless they are people of color.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: yuppa

I understand the point you made about why would anyone carry a gun without it being loaded and yes, it most likely was 'just an accident'......but I'm afraid that doesn't quite cut it and the person responsible should be prosecuted.

We all have to live with guilt for mistakes we make.....that doesn't make us immune to prosecution.
We are responsible for our own actions.

He would have you believe you need to walk around with one in the chamber..thats dumb, and careless.

What a tragic, and preventable accident. And yes, the owner should face charges.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I don't believe for one minute that there is a big problem with 'gang members' in California or anywhere gatecrashing 3 year old kids birthday party's to steal the jelly - jello - and cake and if they can't gain entry they shoot the place up.

Maybe someone who lives in California can clarify for us?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Aaannnnd this is why America is the laughing stock of the world. Get on your gun laws down there boys. I'm Canadian, I don't know what Canada's gun laws are (not a gun guy never fired or even seen a real gun) but whatever they make them the same laws in the USA. For the record yes Canadians Hunt small and large game. We have plenty of guys we are just..... you know.... not stupid. Y'all better VOTE BIDEN the world is counting on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Accidents happen. And they suck

Concealed carry in jackets is not uncommon. Im not sure what could be done to prevent tragedy. But i still will not give another inch on gun control

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

Standing on the corpse of a child is a pathetic approcah.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Seems to me preventing the tragedy should have been easy enough.

All the Muppet had to do was not take loaded firearms to a child's party.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

As is ignoring one.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I don't know what Canada's gun laws are

It's a lot like the US actually. Varies province to province, liberal urban centers are more strict. In some ways canada gun laws are even looser, there is no more gun registry on long guns that are not under a restricted class for example. Moving from NY to here, I took all my long guns with me, gave away my handguns to friends. It was a bit of a spectacle at the border, unloading a suburban packed full of guns at the picnic area, took up all the tables lol. The only thing they had to do with the guns were run serial numbers, make sure they weren't reported stolen and that was that.

Oh wait, there were my 2 longuns I also had to give away. My AR15 variants. I forget if they are outlawed, or just restricted, either way, I didn't want to jump through any restriction red tape, so I gave em away along with my handguns. As far as the canadian government knows, I don't own 100's of rifles/shotguns, that's the way I like it.
edit on Sun, 25 Oct 2020 19:39:42 -0500 by TKDRL because: oh added one

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Or make sure it was holstered appropriately

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

As is ignoring one.

One does not have to ignore it to not campaign for politics on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I get that it's different where you hail from.

But i could never allow anyone even friends with a firearm of any sorts anywhere near my kid's nevermind at a party.

Or any other weapon i knew them to have on their person.

I would not have let them through the door I'm afraid, not on that day.
edit on 25-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

I don't know what Canada's gun laws are

It's a lot like the US actually. Varies province to province, liberal urban centers are more strict. In some ways canada gun laws are even looser, there is no more gun registry on long guns that are not under a restricted class for example. Moving from NY to here, I took all my long guns with me, gave away my handguns to friends. It was a bit of a spectacle at the border, unloading a suburban packed full of guns at the picnic area, took up all the tables lol. The only thing they had to do with the guns were run serial numbers, make sure they weren't reported stolen and that was that.

Well, no carries of any kind, is the biggest one. Handguns are a hassle to own..same as semi auto center fire rifles, but doable. Also the clipazine restrictions, and storage rules. The mandatory safety course is a good thing imo.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Do you pat down your guests when they come over?

Do you search people for drugs too before you let them in?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

People don't come to my home with weapons period.

As to drugs, well funny story, but this one mate, many moons ago, he's dead now, used to turn up all the time with a rucksack full of powder that he was ""watching for a friend"", he was always made to put that in the bin house, because its just not worth taking the risk imho.

That being said we used to take a load of bins out whenever he visited. LoL

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

As is ignoring one.

One does not have to ignore it to not campaign for politics on it.

Thats fair, for the record, I wasn't really thinking you were ignoring it..I just felt compelled to make that reply.

I'm not against guns, my dad was an avid shooter/gunsmith, I have put thousands of rounds downrange. I just wish some people were less cavalier about them.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

How do you know for sure that people are weapon free in your home, metal detector?

Never mind, you live in a Nanny country.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Yeah, I wasn't too torn up about the handguns, all the ones I owned were inheritances anyways. Like rifles/shotguns better, for defense and hunting. They were fun to take out and hit some paper targets every once in a while.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I live in a nation with sensible gun-control if thats what you mean.

One of the things i actually admire about the 3rd world pretend to be 1st world nation that is the UK these days.

More guns about and on the streets than there should be even then through.

But we don't troop around with guns in the same manner Americans do, we simply don't have the reason to do so, and if you are caught that's about 5-8 years in the clink.
edit on 25-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: vonclod
Yeah, I wasn't too torn up about the handguns, all the ones I owned were inheritances anyways. Like rifles/shotguns better, for defense and hunting. They were fun to take out and hit some paper targets every once in a while.

I might go for my restricted, before Trudeau tries messing with stuff further. Not a priority though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join