It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three year old boy in Texas shoots and kills himself at his own birthday party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Kurokage

Yes its unfortunate,but carrying a gun without being able to instantly use it is stupid as well. Oh hold up a second mr robber while i chamber this bullet ok?

It was just a accident,and no charges should be filed. the guilt alone will punish them enough.

Oh, hey sonny, what you doing with my always loaded and not safely put pistol? Don't put too much drool on it this time.

I am very very anti gun person, but america is extremely trigger happy nation so its understandable. Shoot, ask questons later, right?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: KansasGirl
Yeah, but I mean guns, even lightweight glocks are still pretty heavy. It simply boggles my mind anyone could not notice that much weight suddenly missing, or not hear any thud as it falls to the floor. Unless they were plastered or something.

Well the plastered thing would make sense. But again- unfortunately, I know a person who goes around with a handgun in his SWEATPANTS pocket. It biters and concerns and saddens me more than I can express, because this person is someone I love. This person thinks he is totally safe and on the ball wity his forearms habits. “I always have the safety on; I always know where it is” etc. are statements I get when I bring it up. And this person truly believes he is all squared away. But people forget to put the safety on, it’s possible right? And let’s not even mention a handgun flouncing around in your SWEATPANTS POCKET?

Anyway- I know people get complacent. I see it especially with men who have been carrying for a long time. I get it, I do, but it scares the hell out of me to think about all the people out there who are carrying or have firearms in their homes, who have become complacent. Because this person who does the sweatpants thing, he is one of the smartest and most responsible and careful people I’ve ever known. So if he is doing it, I know there are others. 😰
edit on 25-10-2020 by KansasGirl because: So many mistakes in my post that I’m not even going to correct them. Would take too long. Hopefully you all are fluent in autocorrect.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I know a person who goes around with a handgun in his SWEATPANTS pocket. It biters and concerns and saddens me more than I can express, because this person is someone I love. This person thinks he is totally safe and on the ball wity his forearms habits "I always have the safety on; I always know where it is” etc. are statements I get when I bring it up. And this person truly believes he is all squared away. But people forget to put the safety on, it’s possible right? And let’s not even mention a handgun flouncing around in your SWEATPANTS POCKET?

Sounds like a good way to lose your testicles.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Shoot and ask questions later...I think that mentality
only applies to law enforcement and military.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

Yes its unfortunate,but carrying a gun without being able to instantly use it is stupid as well. Oh hold up a second mr robber while i chamber this bullet ok?

It was just a accident,and no charges should be filed. the guilt alone will punish them enough.

..., but america is extremely trigger happy nation so its understandable. Shoot, ask questons later, right?

No. I don’t know a single person or entity who believes in that stupid statement.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I know a person who goes around with a handgun in his SWEATPANTS pocket. It biters and concerns and saddens me more than I can express, because this person is someone I love. This person thinks he is totally safe and on the ball wity his forearms habits "I always have the safety on; I always know where it is” etc. are statements I get when I bring it up. And this person truly believes he is all squared away. But people forget to put the safety on, it’s possible right? And let’s not even mention a handgun flouncing around in your SWEATPANTS POCKET?

Sounds like a good way to lose your testicles.

It does, doesn’t it 😰

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

On the outside looking in it always seems like you in the states are having a hell of a lot of gun crime, often it used to be the case (perhaps not any longer since thing's have gotten more violent over here with migration and what have you) that for example murders and gun crime in your New York city alone used to outstrip our entire nations murder rate on an annual basis many times over, we in the UK (Arguably not just one nation but nine if you include the islands, England, Wales, Cornwall, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey and channel Islands, Scilly Islands, Hebrides etc) like many in the rest of the world grew up with cowboy western's, dirty harry movies etc so while we know that is not reality still the view of the US held by many outside the nation is of a trigger happy violent and often fearful society in which your police only seem to care about the wealthy (almost like paramilitary mercenary's than police), to serve and protect the extreme minority and to hold everyone else in disdain, I know it can not really be like that but from outside it seems that way.

Any child's death is an utter tragedy but at three years of age how many could not feel angry and helpless and very sad about this, let's hope he is safe in God's arms now.

edit on 25-10-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that a three year old could exert the pounds of pressure needed to trigger pull your average pistol. That being said...someone is very ignorant to leave a loaded weapon lying around at a birthday party.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

..., but america is extremely trigger happy nation so its understandable. Shoot, ask questons later, right?

No. I don’t know a single person or entity who believes in that stupid statement.

It's not their fault. They are constantly lied to about the US by international media.

What is their fault is when you try to set the record straight on facts, they ignore you. Some people are absolutely addicted to being uninformed.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I find it hard to believe that a three year old could exert the pounds of pressure needed to trigger pull your average pistol. That being said...someone is very ignorant to leave a loaded weapon lying around at a birthday party.

Depends on the gun really. Some come from the factory with a fairly light trigger pull. And it can always be modded to be even lighter. It's totally possible.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
And the places that have all the murders like NYC and chicago, are also places that are the most full retard on gun laws. In NYC, you are pretty safe in the tourist areas, get lost and end up in the wrong hood, it could go very badly for ya. I suspect chicago is the same way. They put all the "super predators" in crap neighborhoods far far away from the tourist trap and try to pretend they don't exist.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I was thinkin maybe one of the older kids picked it up from a nightstand drawer or something.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Kid's are strong, they can hold there own weight to climb and at three some kid's get into all kinds of mischief as they explore the world around them, also hair triggers, purse guns made for lady's etc are all easy to use and designed for people without all that much strength.

Never see his first kiss, never break a girl's heart or have his first crush, never see another Christmas or birthday on this world, some of us wonder why we are still here and this little boy has been taken.

He may have been spared a life of sorrow or the earth could have lost a good man whom may have grown up to make a better world for those around him or he could just have been an ordinary guy in time but now only God will know and the whole in his mother's and father's life will never be filled.

You can't really blame the person with the gun they will be blaming themselves for a very long time to come if they are in any way human that is, but you can blame a culture were this is all too common.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

This is just wrong and completely preventable!

Who the feck takes a loaded firearm to a little kids' birthday party???

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I would have left any weapon I was carrying either at home,
or locked up in my glove box knowing I was attending a child's
party.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Because they insist upon on tired traditions and screaming "my rights, my rights". I'm also on the outside looking in and I hear ya bother and cannot fathom the stupidty of the pro-gun gang.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I understand the point you made about why would anyone carry a gun without it being loaded and yes, it most likely was 'just an accident'......but I'm afraid that doesn't quite cut it and the person responsible should be prosecuted.

We all have to live with guilt for mistakes we make.....that doesn't make us immune to prosecution.
We are responsible for our own actions.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't mean to seem callous. I was taught from a pretty young age about respect for guns and safety. They're a dangerous tool designed for killing. Don't fear them, but don't treat them lightly. Be safe with them and most of all don't # around. Point them only at things you want to die, if there's a bullet in the chamber, be constantly vigilant as to where the barrel is pointing...and never point that # at your nuts like some gangster unless you wanna lose your balls.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldhabits

Because they insist upon on tired traditions and screaming "my rights, my rights". I'm also on the outside looking in and I hear ya bother and cannot fathom the stupidty of the pro-gun gang.

The stupidity of the pro-gun gang...

I am a gun owner and have a license to conceal carry.I am also a member
of the NRA,read my signature.I am not stupid and I'm very careful about
any firearms in my possession. It is a right to bear arms but it is also a
responsibility when owning them,not to be taken lightly.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There are cities where if you have a large birthday party the local gang members will crash the party for free food.

If you run them off you stand a big chance of them shooting into the party because they get mad about being runoff.

www.thedailybeast.com...
kmph.com...
www.wsbtv.com...

This type of shootings are common in calif as the gun laws protect the shooters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join