It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three year old boy in Texas shoots and kills himself at his own birthday party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

A three-year-old boy in Texas has died at his own birthday party after finding a family member’s gun and accidentally shooting himself in the chest.

The accident happened on Saturday afternoon in Porter, 30 miles from downtown Houston.

“Family and friends had gathered earlier to celebrate the birthday of the three-year-old, and while playing cards, heard a gunshot,” the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office said.

“The child was located with a gunshot wound to the chest.”

A pistol had fallen out of the pocket of one of someone in the family, they said. The toddler was taken to a nearby fire station, and pronounced dead.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of this tragic accident.”

Three year old boy in Texas shoots and kills himself at his own birthday party

What a shocking and heart breaking news story.

How careless can someone be to let a pistol fall out of a pocket like this, this isn't a gun control post or gun's are evil post, but to carry a loaded firearm in a pocket like this just seems so careless and brain dead, it makes you wonder how he was able to be certified competent to handle firearms?
Who ever this person is, should feel the full effect of the law in this kind of horrific circumstance, who carries a loaded firearm in a pocket like this, and doesn't even secure it??
When a shooting like this occurs and is posted on here, I sometimes ask if anything can be done to stop this kind of atrocity from happening again, but I think this is just down to pure stupidity, poor judgement and bad firearm training.

Again this isn't a ban all guns type of a post, even though some will accuse me of doing so.

This is just a shocking story that needed to be read and a little boy remembered.

edit on 25-10-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sad event. Think about this, how would you feel in your three year old relative got ahold of your gun and shot himself. Many lives were ruined by this, people need to be responsible with their guns. I never keep my gun chambered, and no kid could chamber my gun, in fact neither my daughters or my wife can chamber it. The other pistol is inaccessable to kids and the clip is far from the gun and reach of kids.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

# Gunlifematters

RIP little person.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sounds fishy..... Even my tiny novelty one shot pistola, I would have noticed if that fell out of my pocket. How do you not notice?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

As someone who once had to stand in front of a child holding a loaded gun treating it as a toy, this really makes me upset. The first thing i had to do is make sure in a calm manner to tell the other kids to go hide while i count to thirty to find them.

Then I had to speak in a calm and soothing voice how I would love to see what he has there, but if he could just place it on the ground for a moment so I can walk over and check it out safely. I was very relieved not to have an extra hole in me that day, and from what i know the father of the boy never had a mistakeike that ever happen again.
Ppl really got to do better with keeping their arms secure, especially from young children who have not been properly educated on handling them.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I’m betting more to the story will come out. It was his party. All eyes should’ve been on him.
edit on 25-10-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
I’m betting more to the story will come out. It was his party. All eyes should’ve been on him.

Do you have kids? Have you ever been to a family gathering? Folks usually don’t sit the child on a throne and circle around him and stare at him for the entire party. Seems like you may not have ever been to a gathering for a child’s birthday. Not a normal one anyway.

There may well be more to the story, but It’s not going to be anything having to do with not everyone having strange eyes-on the birthday boy the entire party. Most likely will reveal a person who had very. very, very poor and careless firearms safety practice and extreme complacency with guns.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Sounds fishy..... Even my tiny novelty one shot pistola, I would have noticed if that fell out of my pocket. How do you not notice?

Complacency. Complacency woth firearms terrifies me. There are so many people out there who have become complacent with firearms safety, and this is what happens.
edit on 25-10-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Yeah, but I mean guns, even lightweight glocks are still pretty heavy. It simply boggles my mind anyone could not notice that much weight suddenly missing, or not hear any thud as it falls to the floor. Unless they were plastered or something.

edit on Sun, 25 Oct 2020 14:10:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Criminal Negligence Causing Death is the best case scenario...

What a tragedy..

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well the idiot gets to live life knowing it was his negligence that led to the boy shooting himself.

This is why you should have a proper holster.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes its unfortunate,but carrying a gun without being able to instantly use it is stupid as well. Oh hold up a second mr robber while i chamber this bullet ok?

It was just a accident,and no charges should be filed. the guilt alone will punish them enough.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Guy carries pistol in pocket to children's birthday party?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yes its unfortunate,but carrying a gun without being able to instantly use it is stupid as well. Oh hold up a second mr robber while i chamber this bullet ok?

It was just a accident,and no charges should be filed. the guilt alone will punish them enough.

Disagree. As I'm sure a Prosecutor will as well...

This is Criminal Negligence...clear cut...

I have no problem with loaded handguns...but you have to have care and control...no exceptions...

edit on 10/25/2020 by MykeNukem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Any death sucks for the immediate family. But outside of that....your just a stat.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

WHY are they carrying a gun in there pocket, in the family home at a child's birthday party?.

Walking down a dangerous street in a state were you allow this fine, but in the house were there are children and it should be in a secure location?.

The person who owns the gun and was so damned careless about how they kept it has a lot to think about.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Any death sucks for the immediate family. But outside of that....your just a stat.

Charming. What a compassionate peach you must be.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The real problem is who brings gun to a child birthday. What do you expect? The kids turn out to be evil murdering cult or what?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

WHY are they carrying a gun in there pocket, in the family home at a child's birthday party?.

Walking down a dangerous street in a state were you allow this fine, but in the house were there are children and it should be in a secure location?.

The person who owns the gun and was so damned careless about how they kept it has a lot to think about.

I bet someone will say: They have the RIGHT to cary a gun EVERYWHERE cos its their RIGHT and child birthday is just another PLACE and we have to protect the children and everyone in the universe !!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

Alcohol. I'm sure you've been to children's birthday parties. In a lot of families, they're nothing more than an excuse to drink, like every other special occasion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join