It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan Peterson Returns To The Public Forum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Self responsibility and a belief in God
How dare he/sarc

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Hard to deny some of the points Jordan makes...

That makes some people mad...so they resort to Ad Hominem attacks...

Standard Faire

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

He DEMANDS responsibility but needs pharma drugs because he can't handle truth but still whines about what truth is....he is a schmuck with a mental problem IMO
I seriously want to to punch him in the face and watch him cry and take more pharma drugs, he is an idiot.
He is weak and if he tied my shoes, he would be kissing them while he cried.

That dude is such a weak person....I don't care about the degrees and yadda yadda yadda....dumb is dumb and stupid weak people will always be that.
FU Jordan Peterson.....he isn't even worthy of tying my shoes.

Did you really just say that??

Now you sound like an angsty 14 year old, you sure you don't need some help? Wow 😐
edit on 20-10-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

link   

Just find it odd the man monetizing a rebranded self help motivational speaking succumbs is all.

I don't think I'm alone there. Again, it's not to say he isn't allowed to be human, or that I'm judging him harshly... Just find it odd. It's like a fat nutritionist, kinda hard to take seriously professionally.

link   

I think Dr. Peterson is a shining light of intelligence, empathy and hope in a world gone absolutely mad.

I agree. He's an amazing person. He acknowledges the evil in the world, he really does, and yet he always reminds everyone that there is also "the greater good". He doesn't push vapid self-help platitudes and feel-good nonsense. He's real.
I can't understand the animosity for him. The accusations that he's alt-right is just silly. That came about when he went up against the woke mafia.

"Be the person people can rely on in a crisis."

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Its sad when some trivialize the male and try to reduce him him to a subset of a political view.

Thats all they've got on him?
Sheesh

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Why don't you be honest and admit you hate males. How dare they call a spade a spade.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Right, but he makes money off of self help type stuff, so I just say it doesn't help his professional look.

I don't think he's a bad person because he's human and struggled with addiction, but it's the antithesis of his work and message.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Just find it odd the man monetizing a rebranded self help motivational speaking succumbs is all.

I don't think I'm alone there. Again, it's not to say he isn't allowed to be human, or that I'm judging him harshly... Just find it odd. It's like a fat nutritionist, kinda hard to take seriously professionally.

I actually think he is leading by example in that he fought the dragon head on and got off medication that was destroying him. That is eating his own dog food.

If this was an instance of recreational substance abuse I would agree with you.

As for the fat nutritionist.....haha there is a severely overweight gym instructor at my gym, God bless her and all but surely a sign of PC gone mad - for context the gym is in a facility administrated by our local government which makes it make sense.

Thanks for disagreeing amicably and being adult - you're a good egg and we agree on other things,

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Thanks for disagreeing amicably and being adult - you're a good egg and we agree on other things,

It's just a topic of discussion, no reason for us to get worked up.

I wish Peterson the best, I enjoyed his podcasts with Joe Rogan enriching. He's an interesting guy and has good things to say. Just interesting to see what happens with his gigs from here on out.

Edit to add: thanks for the compliment buddy, I enjoy reading your posts as well.
edit on 20-10-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Wow, that’s great, good for you

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Attention....

First off.....
Moderators Are People Too. (and they have opinions)

Secondly.....
Go after the ball not the player.

Finally....while strong opinions about topics and non-members are allowed by ALL members---staff included---taking that passion towards other members can cross the line.
So, stick to discussing the topic, not each other, eh?
So....back to the topic.....

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Right, but he makes money off of self help type stuff, so I just say it doesn't help his professional look.

I don't think he's a bad person because he's human and struggled with addiction, but it's the antithesis of his work and message.

Yeah and...that’s a pretty reasonable criticism but, so does the average GP, psychologist, psychiatrist, personal motivator and the myriad of other people who sell books.

Peterson has suggested in the past anti depressants have their place, maybe they do or don’t, I am not sure. Though most paid professionals recommend them so if they are to be believed, made by scientists so there is that...

Self help, don’t see that as a bad thing personally.
Teaching men they are valued in a society who seems to hate them.
Teaching people to respect differences but not betray their own beliefs

I can accept a man pretending to be a woman, call him a woman but, it’s my choice, it shouldn’t be forced on me

Peterson stood up when most ran, great male role model, he took all their crap, he stood calm and firm, he won many over

Sorry, I like him, to bad it offends some

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think at some stage was suspended from the UNI. He's gotta eat as well. He's a clinical psychologist. Shouldn't he charge for books. At least he's not selling mechanical manuals.
Seen how much Anthony Robbins charges?

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

And, everything he does is mostly free on the web.
I think he is a genius, listen to his podcast often and read a few books he recommended on philosophy

People prefer Oprah, Ellen or a myriad of stupid tv evangelists promising pseudo christians-God is a slot machine, put money in, get money out

At least Peterson states truth, life is hard, work on it

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I cant stand those 2 women or money pleading evangelists. Peterson has helped me heaps. Video called on how to make a life worth living. Although I'm no longer a Christian I love his ethics morals and common sense. So what he needed anti anxiety meds
His love of his life was dying for Heavans sake!!!

Thanks for your great posts

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Spot on.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I started taking it in early 2017 according to the prescribed recommendation and really never gave it a second thought.

I always thought JP was far too quick to accept and recommend drugs for anxiety and depression rather than teach people how to deal with life without first resorting to drugs which drastically alter brain chemistry. I think this experience has taught him an important lesson even though it pains me to see JP go through this. Very glad to see him back in action though.
edit on 21/10/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

JP has always been very open about the fact him and his family has a history of depression and other issues, but that puts him in a position to have a solid understanding of those issues and I always respected him for diving deep into those hard topics. And I don't really blame him for trusting pharma drugs to deal with those issues, he is trained to believe they work and they do work to some degree, but it's extremely important to understand the side effects and trade-off a which come with such drugs, and now JP knows why it's so important.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join