It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan Peterson Returns To The Public Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
At long last, Dr. Jordan Peterson returns to the public forum after a long battle with the cessation of prescribed benzodiazapine.

In this video he alludes to a new book, new video content and the continuation of his work.

I think Dr. Peterson is a shining light of intelligence, empathy and hope in a world gone absolutely mad.

Welcome back Dr. Peterson - you have been sorely missed.

PLEASE READ
edit on Tue Oct 20 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

A shining light of intelligence?
The guy needed big pharma drugs but preaches like he knows it all but can't handle a few feelings, depression and needed drugs?

I think the guy is a weakling of a man and keeps thinking he is important because he is a "professor".
His ego needs to be checked at the door.

I wrote a song once about "that asshole scholar" preaching on TV
That could be Jordan Peterson or an asshole know it all like he is.

I wouldn't follow him to pick up dog poop.

Jordan Peterson knows EVERYTHING.....ask him and he will tell you about it.

edit on 20-10-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I'm with you.

I used to like Peterson, but I can't help but to feel like he's a hypocrite. I'm not bashing him for the drugs and stuff, it's just if he's going to make money preaching for lack of a better term, I don't think it sends a message he has everything figured out if he's having episodes.

I don't think he's a bad person because he's slipped, just can't see him the same professionally after all this is all. I don't think it means he doesn't have valid points, just that maybe he shouldn't be the one to be so snark now.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Highly inane commentary from a moderator.

Care to expand on any of your claims as to why you think he's a 'weakling of a man'? He has the same human flaws as the rest of us. How would you respond to watching your wifes life whither away in front of your eyes?

Regardless of what you think it would seem tens of millions of people care more about what he thinks.

edit on 20102020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wouldn't call him snark and I don't believe he's ever claimed to have it all figured out.

What do you think makes him hypocritical? The drugs aspect? This was pescription medication for anxiety as he was watching his wife die in front of his eyes, only ever took the recommended dosage and made the decision to go through hell and get off the stuff when he realised how bad it was for him. Certainly not recreational.

The man is a much needed voice in the public sphere.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

A shining light of intelligence?
The guy needed big pharma drugs but preaches like he knows it all but can't handle a few feelings, depression and needed drugs?

I think the guy is a weakling of a man and keeps thinking he is important because he is a "professor".
His ego needs to be checked at the door.

I wrote a song once about "that asshole scholar" preaching on TV
That could be Jordan Peterson or an asshole know it all like he is.

I wouldn't follow him to pick up dog poop.

Jordan Peterson knows EVERYTHING.....ask him and he will tell you about it.

The following are not my words, but as someone who suffers from mental health, I agree with them.

It might be argued that much of the negative commentary about Peterson is driven by a sense of karmic justice among those who disagree with his positions and politics. Agreed. And it is exactly this kind of moral and emotional reasoning that unearths lazy, sloppy, stigmatizing beliefs. 

Look, I get it. Peterson has more than ruffled a few feathers during the past few years. And I own my personal bias as a Peterson supporter, though I steadfastly believe that he has had a net positive effect on the world.

But irrespective of your views on Peterson, it is a gross disservice to everyone to perpetuate harmful myths about people who seek mental health and addiction-related treatment. The fact that the hostility directed towards Peterson has manifested as this type of stigma is a clear indictment against our cultural milieu.   

Peterson is no less susceptible to the ravages of life than the rest of us. Yes, he is equipped with knowledge about how to best respond, which is exactly what he did by seeking treatment. And in doing so, Peterson and his family are embodying the very strength that they have helped to inspire in so many others. 

Source: www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
He seems to be a hero to the alt-right and has a mostly male audience from what I've read. I'm not a fan myself, but to each their own.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Very well put, thankyou for sharing your perspective.

You are right, members like this moderator may one day become susceptible to a bout of mental illness and realise it is not a result of being 'a weakling of a man'.

One of my best mates used to hold this view about people with depression, now he's on meds.

Thanks again, wish I could give your comment more than a solitary star.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Fair enough, he's a hero to a lot of different groups.

What is the problem with having a mainly male audience? Many female public commentators have mainly female audiences ie; Oprah. Is there a problem with that?

This point has been raised with him directly and Dr. Peterson points out most YouTube users are males and aside from his books that is the primary platform for his content and engagement.

If you watch his lectures there is a decent mix of genders in the crowd.

The man has literally saved and bettered thousands (if not more) lives and I truly believe the world is a better place for him sharing his perspectives.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Oscar Peterson played it better.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh piss off....I am a member too, how dare I have an opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That Peterson has “slipped” gives him more credit in my experience.
I am very glad I was introduced to Peterson by the ats community and very pleased to see his return and health

I agree, Peterson is polarising, he demands self responsibility and that is not a modern fundamental belief

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You can have an opinion, shame it's a silly one.

Peterson has helped a myriad of confused and deflated young men out of their mire of self pity and procrastination, taking them off their pedestals of self righteous virtue signalling and providing them with a real sense of their value to their societies and parents.

Some people really are just that intelligent and it's okay to admit that Peterson is one of them. That's why his critics usually use character flaws instead of going after his arguments, the truth stands on it's own.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
guy's wife gets terminally and gets hooked on opiates, then gets back on his feet.
yeah lets # on that guy.
i'll see him for what he says not how he's dealt with his issues.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

When does Peterson claim to have everything sorted out? He's human man.

Just because Peterson needed help, that means he can't be precisely right about the problems facing, mainly, young men in society and the world? If anything this ADDS to the mans credibility in that he saw a need and addressed it, even in the face of public ridicule......

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

He seems to be a hero to the alt-right and has a mostly male audience

say's who? left wing media?
you can actually be a male and want to better yourself without being 'alt-right'.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

He DEMANDS responsibility but needs pharma drugs because he can't handle truth but still whines about what truth is....he is a schmuck with a mental problem IMO
I seriously want to to punch him in the face and watch him cry and take more pharma drugs, he is an idiot.
He is weak and if he tied my shoes, he would be kissing them while he cried.

That dude is such a weak person....I don't care about the degrees and yadda yadda yadda....dumb is dumb and stupid weak people will always be that.
FU Jordan Peterson.....he isn't even worthy of tying my shoes.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Oh piss off....

Now who can't deal with emotions? Is that comment in accordance with T's & C's?

I think you're comments are inane because you claim he is things like a 'weakling of a man' for having a mental illness, claiming that he claims to know everythign (he is actually very humble) without any examples.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

(post by IAMALLYETALLIAM removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join