It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Americans should be Flying the Flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
For some reason of late, one political group has pretty much tried to hold the Flag hostage as one of the symbols of their party. I think this was a wise move by them, as who can really hate someone flying the flag who says their views are to help keep the country great?

In view of this, I would urge all Americans to fly the flag proudly. Show the flag is for the people as a whole and show that you support your country even though you may not approve of the current administration.

Love of country first. Fly the Flag freely.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, one side has been busy tearing and burning down our history, rewriting it so that America is evil, and calling anyone who disagrees racist.

The flag belongs to people who don't want to destroy what it stands for.
edit on 10 20 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I've definitely noticed the recent disdain for our US Flag. Patriots are referred to as white supremacists, racists, xenophobes, nationalists, etc. Every person in this country, who loves their country, should be a nationalist but radical democrats try to characterize a "nationalist" as a racist. They've turned a lot of people off in the meantime.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I’m not so sure what you mean by “hostage”, I think it’s pretty standard and logical for a Campaign and Administration to put so much into American Ceremony, that would be the US Flag.

If one campaign can’t hold the flag to a higher standard, that’s on them. To another campaign that does, good, as it resonates with all Americans. There is plenty of Patriotism left in America.

However, I resoundingly agree with your view that we should all fly our flag freely.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The only time I see old glory being flown by the left, is when they are holding it above a flame.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
For some reason of late, one political group has pretty much tried to hold the Flag hostage as one of the symbols of their party. I think this was a wise move by them, as who can really hate someone flying the flag who says their views are to help keep the country great?

In view of this, I would urge all Americans to fly the flag proudly. Show the flag is for the people as a whole and show that you support your country even though you may not approve of the current administration.

Love of country first. Fly the Flag freely.

totally agree. The idiots who wish to make patriotism a bad thing need to be ignored, laughed at, then asked to leave.

Being a patriot isn't a political stance, it's an AMERICAN stance.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Well if the other party would stop burning the flag and saying how awful the country is, maybe people would see them as Patriots. The left thrives on hating the country.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I agree we should all put up the flag

a reply to: AnonymousNutjob

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

America IS evil.

Screw the flag and screw the Ideas that "they" put forth for you but don't live by the same standards.

Lets go steal people's oil, lets go ruin a political system, lets go push tons of propaganda, lets put troops everywhere like we actually care about the people and f#*k the troops...the politicians wipe their asses with your constitution and you guys keep watching fox news to tell you it is ok.

America is a joke.

A flag is just a piece of clothe that isn't even as good as my underwear.

You will never see a business man with a machine gun, they get people like you to do the dirty work.

edit on 20-10-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
NPR did a radio spot on the flag and different peoples opinion of it.

We Asked Americans How They Feel About The U.S. Flag. It Got Interesting.

NPR

Some people said they felt the flag was a sacred symbol that should transcend our differences and make us all feel like Americans.

Hurley, who is white and leans conservative, told NPR he sees the flag as something sacred, a symbol you salute, not a symbol you question. He worries his kind of patriotism is being eroded these days, in part because so many people are focused on issues of race.

"Let's talk slavery first. That happened two or three hundred years ago," Hurley said. "We should forget that, be beyond that. To me, as long as people are calling themselves African Americans or Jewish Americans, they're allowing the racism. They should be saying they're Americans, period."

Some people think the conservative side of the country have weponized the American flag and it makes them uncomfortable.

We heard a lot from people who shared this worry the U.S. flag has been weaponized, deliberately redefined as a more conservative symbol owned by some Americans more than others.

"We had a Black Lives Matter rally in our town and there were a lot of people driving by with American flags on the back of their pickup trucks as a counter-protest," said Ben Eagleson, a car mechanic who lives in Olney, Ill. "It was like those of us supporting Black Lives Matter were somehow un-American or something."

Some say the American flag comes with baggage that can't be ignored.

"With all the protests and the Black Lives Matter stuff happening, we took the flag down for a little bit," said Kevin Lopez, who works for Microsoft in San Pedro, Calif.

This summer, Lopez said, events like George Floyd's death in police custody shook their family. Kevin has Mexican and Irish heritage, his wife Denise is Black.

"It was pretty disheartening for a little while, with the way our people we're being treated," he said, explaining their decision to pull down the flag.

While still others see the flag as a hopeful and beautiful symbol.

An Vu told NPR he flies the flag over his front porch in Dearborn, Mich. Vu is a business analyst, the son of immigrants from Vietnam who first flew the U.S. flag when he was a kid after the terror attacks in 2001.

"I hope that flying the flag can return to what we felt like after [Sept. 11]," he said. "The sense of unity, the way were able to grow together after that was really amazing."

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'll let the extremists on both sides fight that one out, since they both think they're "victims" in some way. As long as we aren't required to fly a flag or attend a large rally in a shiny black uniform, I'm fine.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

They should also wear underwear that reflects their party's colors.

And the undecided may wear beige/white underwear but should also carry a flashing sign, so as to attract those who can advise about the correct fashion options.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Ok, thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

All Americans should be free enough to display or burn the flag as they see fit without fear of reprisal.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am not playing.

Thanks anyways and thanks for coming out.

top topics

join