It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military YIKES Taiwan invasion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

brother, look...... I firmly believe and agree with you. War is hell and as such you do what you got to do to win. That said..... China is not a walk in the park. those cruise missiles have to come from somewhere. They have a large enough Navy to serious screw up ours. They have a large enough air force to trash ours. I get what you are saying. What I am saying is that major world powers going to war is MAD. it will never get to the point you are talking because if 1 carrier battle group is destroyed, things are going to go down hill real fast. China can't project power very far. However they sure as # can defend their borders, and seriously screw up your day. Their realm of influence is the south pacific. That means they got enough firepower to really screw up our day. I am not saying the USA can't beat CHina. I am saying going to war with them is going to hurt, and hurt bad.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is tied to the elections I believe, as build up is subtle but progressing, as the article states.

They will wait and see who wins the US election. A number of scenarios can unfold.

Either Trump wins and they slowly de-escalate, leaving platforms for future use or Biden wins and they immediately attack Taiwan to test the new administration during the transition of power.

Eight years of Obama has shown they can bully the US and extort much more out it. Under Biden, the former ties will be ignited for business, however China won’t be nice, they’re demand much more from Biden and he’ll relent.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I agree with you 100%.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

armedforces.eu...

Uh yeah. Looks like it would be a even fight considering that we will not try to invade china. The majority of chinas aircraft are later 4th generation and a few 5th generation.

We have 20 Carriers they have at max 3. we have multi purpose destroyers,and subs as well. We also have the black projects just itching to be used as well. As long as we do not try to invade the mainland we eventually win. Like telling russia they can have all lands they can capture from china with no repurcussions.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No America will not stay out of it. We have no intention of just allowing our Pacific allies to be swallowed up by the red dragon. Wtf man?! You just want us to abandon yall??

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I don't see either "winning" I'd see it more as us blooding each other. I don't see China hitting our bases in the Pacific, or our fleets past hitting something small here or there, to say, "hey we see you stay away". That said, I don't see us hitting mainland either. If china can land a large enough force, that is supplied to last a month in Taiwan, its game over. if they can't Taiwan will eventually beat them off, provided the USA blockades the coast, and Taiwan can maintain control of the air fields. In the event China invades Taiwan, the USA will blockade it. Supplies will draw to a trickle, this leaves Taiwan to beat back whatever Chinese get there. I don't see China doing this without overwhelming superiority. As they know they can't maintain long term. They have to consolidate power quickly. If they don't eventually, their military in Taiwan will be forced to surrender, and they can't have that. I do think they can do some real damage to Taiwan, but I don't think they want to do that. I think they would rather take it whole. Its worth alot more with a peaceful transfer. CHina plays the long game, so them waiting another 200 years is nothing for them. There are easier targets for them, Namely, the south china sea, pushing west, consolidating power with the minorities in their nation, eventual annexation of North Korea, pushing into Vietnam. All these things can happen with less impact than taking Taiwan.

Camain

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Taiwan would suicide first before letting china take them over fully. Self nuking to deny them the territory.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
While China is going to strike Taiwan is just a matter of time. This likely scenario will occur. Under the Biden administration the U.S. will wash their hands of any involvement because of the close relationship they have made with China. I would be very surprised if the Biden cronies would want to hurt this relationship they only care about money and power.a reply to: CthruU

top topics

<< 1   >>

join