It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military YIKES Taiwan invasion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Might be getting a bit scary here in Asia.
No real activity around the bases.
Not sure about sub activity.
Seems more likely subs will be involved in this conflict.

I hope America can stay out of it.

www.hindustantimes.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thats one hell of a conclusion you've drawn from a link really on talking about equipment replacement and a reference by Chinese leadership advising PLA marines to be on alert....kinda common military speak.

War with china is inevitable, just a matter of when but when the chinese start depriving the free of their freedom then you can bet ya bottom saki that your hopes will be misplaced.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

China are not even trying to hide their true nature from the rest of the world since they unleashed the pandemic..

They will keep pushing,trying to steal as much territory from other countries until someone says "enough."
The problem is,no one is saying "enough."

I get why you don't want the US to get involved but:

1. I imagine the people of Taiwan hope the US will get involved,as its their biggest(maybe only) chance of remaining independent from tyrannical chinese rule.

2.I can't help thinking the Chinese regime would like the US to get involved-I think Winnie has delusions that his military and chinas wealth are at a level where they could "win"against the US.

To me,everything China has been doing over the last 5-10 years suggests they are making a massive push to become the most powerful country in the world.
They want their system to be implemented world wide,and sadly it seems there are many unhinged mega companies in our so called free world who seem to be on board and helping them acheive this.

I wonder-will a China/Taiwan/wider war be the grand finale of 2020?
I hope not,but anything is possible in todays crazy world.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
China will swarm Taiwan with thousands of little boats; they will be using fishing boats, leisure craft, speedboats, anything that floats. Not military hardware. The US trying to stop such a phenomenon will be like an elephant trying to stamp out a million fire-ants. Sure the US has nifty missiles that can sink huge vessels from far away, but how are they going to shoot down ten thousand ratty fishing craft? The Chinese boats will land haphazard all up and down the coast of Taiwan and 2 million Chinese soldiers will pop out and swarm all over the island. The US will again be at a total loss: geared up for fighting big naval cruisers and destroyers, it won't have any way of halting the human pinata that will rupture simultaneously on every Taiwanese beach. The soldiers will secure Taipei and a few other cities and the whole thing will be over in 48 hours while the US carrier group and assorted big guns bob up and down helplessly off the coast like some pitiful waterlogged leviathan.

Sad but true.

edit on 18-10-2020 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

I find myself agreeing with every single post you make.

You sure you're not invested in this political thingy?

Your insights are thread worthy.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You didnt even read the article you linked to now did you?

You just jumped on the headline and decided to stir it up yet again here on ATS.

Read the damn article and realise how ridiculous yet again linking America to everything you are obsessed about.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

I doubt it, a 50 cal will take out a small boat, add to that coastal defenses, napalm strikes, Taiwan can hold their own against that kind of invasion. I think if China strikes, they will do paratroopers dropped at key points to establish air fields, they will obliterate the coastal defense to have a beachhead. The only question is how long it takes the USA to respond. Anything more than 2 days, and Taiwan is done. We literally have to sink their fleet the moment they start hitting the beaches, control the air to keep the airfields closed, let Taiwan clean up whatever comes on board. Stomp them fast and hard, then pull back of invading mainland. If we hit mainland, command & control etc, god help us all. The bigger issue is that china won't like losing face. which causes another issue. If China loses face, they can't tolerate that. It hardens them. So as a result, the USA basically has to fight to bring the war to a draw. This means actually letting China land in Taiwan, having Tiawan destroyed, and letting it be a battleground. In doing so it draws out the war, but keeps the fight at sea, and on Taiwan. Doing so drains China trying to maintain control, while American and Taiwanese troops fight Chinese in Taiwan. The result is eventual withdrawal Taiwan joins China, however is governed by The USA with USA troops there, to prevent what happened in Hong Kong. China gets what it wants, USA saves face, and Taiwan brains and capability is moved to the USA, taking them out of the market, rendering Taiwan a Vassal state. That will cost more lives though and last a lot longer. Long term its a better solution. For USA and China. The only issue is China won't stop, and maybe expand into Vietnam, South Pacific. Also, the USA can't really afford war anymore. Nor policing, so that raises another issue.

Camain

Camain

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There seems to be new alliance formed...the Quad , US, Japan, Australia, and India to counter China.

Taiwan should be included

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The US has to respond, no if's or but's in this if Taiwan is invaded because they have said they will, if they do not respond then it won't be something that can be brushed under the carpet because an emboldened China will then set it's sight's in South Korea and even Japan.

IF the US strikes after China invades there is a very good chance that India will join in the US attack on China and of course Japan and even South Korea may, probably South Korea will stay out of it as long as the North does not attack them however.

Pakistan is likely to stay on the side lines because they know better then to upset the US in such a matter despite there cosying up to China and anyway many Pakistani's do not like the Chinese whom treat them as second class citizens even in there own country.

If the US does not defend Taiwan with it's military then it will spell the final chapter in US overseas might just as the Suez crisis did for the UK and France when the US refused to back us up over the Canal (Something they probably later bitterly regretted) - which was built with our money and which the Egyptians decided then was there's with the blessing of the Soviet union whom wanted control of that route for there own reason's.

So if the US wishes to remain a global power and not a SHRINKING power they have got to remain steadfast or else the president that does not back up Taiwan will be the president whom presided over the end of US greatness on the global stage simple as that and his name will then go down as a failure.

Nukes must also remain on the table, as long as they do not use one then the US should not BUT if they even use a small one the US should obliterate there capability and fast using either nuclear or non nuclear assets as must be.

edit on 18-10-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I don't see India, Japan, South Korea going in. It would basically destroy the entire Pacific. If South Korea attacks, North Korea is duty bound attack them. Meaning Seoul is destroying in minutes, which means SK only recourse is nukes to destroy 1 million artillery pieces sitting 20 miles from their capital city of 20 million. If Japan attacks, China will hammer their coastal cities with missiles. If India attacks, Pakistan is duty bound to attack. This means India will be wrapped up with Pakistan and those dudes could go nuclear. Philippines and Vietnam will also try to stay out of it. The reality is China has about 500 nuclear warheads and 10's of thousands of missiles. Anything approaches their coasts, or threatens them they are hammer them. Same goes for the USA as well. We may be treaty bound to defend Taiwan, and we may use based in Japan and SK to do it, but the goal is to defend it just barely good enough to say we honored the treaty, while leaving Taiwan a moment to breathe so they can defends themselves. Any more than that, and China will hit hard. We have to avoid that, cause if some US base goes up in smoke or some air craft carrier goes up in smoke, things will quickly escalate. Nothing says FU more than 30-100k people dying in one day, and that can happen just with one carrier battle group, or Okinawa being hit. Once we get to that point, numbers will climb alot fast, and if that happens, things go bad real quick. Everyone wants to Avoid MADD. Granted, China can't destroy the USA, but we can destroy them. It doesn't mean they can't set us back 200 years though. Losing the west coast, every major city, every base in the pacific will do just that. takes us from #1 economy to sub 50-75. When the USA population goes from 372 mil to 30 million, you basically got alot of pissed off rednecks as an economy. All finance, industry, etc will be gone. If all that happens, the entire world balance changes. Immediate EU is the largest economy, followed by the Russian Block, India, Brazil, and South Africa. Does the EU and Russia form a long term alliance? Does Isreal take out Iran in the power vacuum? yea without the USA, there is a power vacuum which creates choas. Choas is bad.

Camain

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

My intent of the pulse was to get some feedback and the feel of the urgency of what would happen and take place just in case China decided to get a little bitsy Etsy with their arsenal of weapons toward Taiwan.
knowing the Chinese they would definitely throw a few missiles in the country that I'm residing in right now and the fact of it is my location would be definitely affected by any missiles that would hit this area.

but it's been said that the enemy will not attack military bases that have women and children stationed with their military personnel there and I believe the Chinese recognize that and I do know the North Koreans recognize that.
To the best of my knowledge I don't believe the US military has some form of bases there station with military personnel and their families and I'm talking about Taiwan right now.

either way there's no activity at the basis that I'm quite aware of here in southern Japan and Okinawa so it just I just posted it because I thought it'd be an interesting subject from an international point of view in Camain I believe that's his name here is really got some great insight on his posting concerning this matter and thanks a lot dude for posting what you did.

edit on 1000000005052020-10-18T16:05:05-05:00050510pm4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

The way you beat china is destroy their ability to make food,and fresh water and power. destroy the dams,Gasoline production,oil refinery,and nuclear power plants.Then finally hit them with a tailored nano virus to destroy the male populations off by rewriting their genetic codes so future offspring will be almost all females.

Or just contain them because the mountains are a huge obstacle in china if the roads are destroyed and airspace too dangerous to fly in.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

so genocide??
such unbridled hatred.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Ok. I agree the US needs to mind it's own business, hands down.

It's going to be dirty, painful, bloody and a lot of people are going to die, but Taiwan needs to fight for itself, not ask others to do their job. If we keep fighting foreign tiffs for people that don't want to do it themselves, nobody will EVER learn the value of real freedom, and they're just kissing a different overseer's ass, that's all it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The CCP is in its last days...
Xi Jinping has covid... the country is imploding
I have no idea what will happen next... but we must stand strong against the tyrannical Xi!
edit on Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:05:28 -0500055America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: choos

so genocide??
such unbridled hatred.

Umm no,genocide involves killing correct? My way no one actually dies and we get more chinese women in the world. I dislike the chinese Gov,not the people IF we go with nano viral weapons instead of real weapons.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: choos

so genocide??
such unbridled hatred.

Umm no,genocide involves killing correct? My way no one actually dies and we get more chinese women in the world. I dislike the chinese Gov,not the people IF we go with nano viral weapons instead of real weapons.

that excuse is just a way out to hide your hatred.
destroying their ability to make food and fresh water will kill millions over time totally not genocidal. Mao is and was criticsed heavily for his attempt to push China into modernisation and it ended up killing millions from food shortages. but you want to destroy their fresh water supply.

and a genetically coded nano virus to target the men not women?? how does it differentiate between a vietnamese, taiwanese, korean (south/north), japanese, indian, malaysian male etc. etc. or should they all just burn because they all look the same anyway?

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Your talking about a the 1st most power military, against the 3rd largest. They control their sphere of influence, and their borders. taking out that infrastructure is going destroy our air power. First, we can't get enough planes in the air and en route fast enough and with sufficient force to accomplish that. They will see our air attacks coming from 500 miles away, and they will have missiles targeted, and planes in the air long before we hit their borders. Yes we can hit that stuff with missiles, that is true, however, you do that, you are basically destroying civilian targets. that against the Geneva conventions. your only supposed to hit military remember. We do that, they can launch chemical and biological with justification. The bottom line is if China and the USA goes to war, its gonna be bad. The range of bad is debatable, but its gonna be bad. we are talking possible 1/2 a million dead at a minimum, up to the earth is done bad. It won't be a walk in a park, and it will be ugly. Real ugly. Here is the difference though. China can lose 3/4 its population and still effectively wage war without issue. 1.4 billion down to 350 million. The USA loses 3/4 we go from roughly 400 mill to 100 million. Can we effectively wage war? second can you imagine a war where over 1 billion die and the earth isn't glowing; cause I can't. Bottom line is the best thing the USA can do is give Tiawan a strong military to keep china from invading, and keep taiwan from asking for our help, past us blockading and defending their borders. Anything past that, and things go bad, real bad.

Camain

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I would assume china is smart enough to put this off while Trump is President . In my opinion Trump would make sure China suffered greatly if they did this .

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain

Your talking about a the 1st most power military, against the 3rd largest. They control their sphere of influence, and their borders. taking out that infrastructure is going destroy our air power. First, we can't get enough planes in the air and en route fast enough and with sufficient force to accomplish that. They will see our air attacks coming from 500 miles away, and they will have missiles targeted, and planes in the air long before we hit their borders. Yes we can hit that stuff with missiles, that is true, however, you do that, you are basically destroying civilian targets. that against the Geneva conventions. your only supposed to hit military remember. We do that, they can launch chemical and biological with justification. The bottom line is if China and the USA goes to war, its gonna be bad. The range of bad is debatable, but its gonna be bad. we are talking possible 1/2 a million dead at a minimum, up to the earth is done bad. It won't be a walk in a park, and it will be ugly. Real ugly. Here is the difference though. China can lose 3/4 its population and still effectively wage war without issue. 1.4 billion down to 350 million. The USA loses 3/4 we go from roughly 400 mill to 100 million. Can we effectively wage war? second can you imagine a war where over 1 billion die and the earth isn't glowing; cause I can't. Bottom line is the best thing the USA can do is give Tiawan a strong military to keep china from invading, and keep taiwan from asking for our help, past us blockading and defending their borders. Anything past that, and things go bad, real bad.

Camain

A MIlitary that huge will be unable to function without the generals. Its called decapitation strike and it can be done by stealth cruise missiles. A population that high needs resources. taking those out and starving their manpower is the key to victory. WAR is nasty and unfair and since CHina has meat to spare they will have people left to rebuild their ethnicity with. Its only Genocide when you kill them just for being chinese.

As to the geneva conventions...yeah as long as we decalre war,and its "accidental" and not deliberate its not a violation. Leave hospitals standing,but food,water,gas are all fair game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join