It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow!! What's your take on today.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I remember thinking...Nixon is going down! (and rightly so), now the crimes are much worse and just crickets!!!

WTF?

I don't have to remind you, Nixon was Republican.

I don't have to remind you that Republicans made his impeachment possible.

Because he broke the law and Republicans withdrew their support of him..

Care to weigh in on why Democrats (who have tried to impeach every single Republican President since Eisenhower) are oddly silent when it comes time to impeach their own for worse crimes then Nixon ever dreamed of?

Is it....

What is that sentence...

That they are just political hacks who care nothing about America at all and will push Party Above People for their own advancement?

Just asking because you vote for them, so you must have some rational reason why you keep them in power.

edit on 16-10-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Lots going on. I'm almost overwhelmed.

The DNC clearly lost their minds (Biden, really???)

At the same time the GOP has gone over the top.

Craziest I've ever seen in my 57 years.

I almost feel like war had been declared.

But, really, how do you say that the GOP "has gone over the top?" In what way? I don't see that.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: CharlesT

I remember thinking...Nixon is going down! (and rightly so), now the crimes are much worse and just crickets!!!

WTF?

I don't have to remind you, Nixon was Republican.

I don't have to remind you that Republicans made his impeachment possible.

Because he broke the law and Republicans withdrew their support of him..

Care to weigh in on why Democrats (who have tried to impeach every single Republican President since Eisenhower) are oddly silent when it comes time to impeach their own for worse crimes then Nixon ever dreamed of?

Is it....

What is that sentence...

That they are just political hacks who care nothing about America at all and will push Party Above People for their own advancement?

Just asking because you vote for them, so you must have some rational reason why you keep them in power.

BOOM!

Exactly. I'll remind ChsrlesT that Nixon was a Republican and, as you said, it was Republicans nailed him.

The Dems could take a lesson.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Lots going on. I'm almost overwhelmed.

The DNC clearly lost their minds (Biden, really???)

At the same time the GOP has gone over the top.

Craziest I've ever seen in my 57 years.

I almost feel like war had been declared.

But, really, how do you say that the GOP "has gone over the top?" In what way? I don't see that.

Last I had heard Trump personally hacked Hunter Biden's computer, put some photoshopped images in there to make Hunter look bad and then waited till right now to leak the hacked emails to the press?

Or it might have been the same aliens that gave Trump's crazy uncle the time machine that did it.

No matter!!!

Trump and Rudy having proof that Joe and his son Hunter are criminal scumbags means that they are attempting to influence the result of the Presidential election.

Cities must burn and Trump will never leave office when he loses so we all need to crucify him on the Whitehouse lawn so that he can become the Orange Jesus!!!

Or...

I can present a really rare photo of our election process and both major parties a few weeks before our election...

Welcome to 2020.

edit on 16-10-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I see your dumpster fire and raise you a potty-inferno

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Lumenari

I see your dumpster fire and raise you a potty-inferno

*nods*

Taco Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

WTF?

Joe is the key to permanent power. They have to drag him over the finish line even if they end up dragging the finish line to him.

The optimistic side of me wants to say there's a chance if Joe wins, he blows the illusion for the left that they care about normal people.

The realistic side of me knows permanent power is already here.... Has been for some time.

Truth be told though, the people really do have the power to change how things are conducted in this country, but apathy is the largest ideology in the land. I'd give a close second to tribalism, and honestly the proof is in our results.

Our results have been horrible for decades no matter the admin and mixture (or lack there of) of other arms of the government. One party has all the branches, or whatever mixture we show, our results have been poor. I don't think there's been a time in my life where there was momentum in the right direction in the context of politics.

The closest we had to a unified commitment towards something was after 9/11, and while many of us at the time were impressed on Americans coming together, I think most of us with realistic hindsight sees we made some mistakes.

America used to be the best at dealing with adversity, now I think to put it politely it's not our strong suit.

I don't say this as a jab to anyone or just to be malicious... I say it because I sadly think it's true, and we're screwed for some time to come no matter the results of this next election.
edit on 16-10-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The US has gone full retard.

You never go full retard.

Never use that, 'R' word in my presence again, however, I give you licence, or license even, to continue your investigation right through the new millennium.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

WTF?

Joe is the key to permanent power. They have to drag him over the finish line even if they end up dragging the finish line to him.

The optimistic side of me wants to say there's a chance if Joe wins, he blows the illusion for the left that they care about normal people.

The realistic side of me knows permanent power is already here.... Has been for some time.

Truth be told though, the people really do have the power to change how things are conducted in this country, but apathy is the largest ideology in the land. I'd give a close second to tribalism, and honestly the proof is in our results.

Our results have been horrible for decades no matter the admin and mixture (or lack there of) of other arms of the government. One party has all the branches, or whatever mixture we show, our results have been poor. I don't think there's been a time in my life where there was momentum in the right direction in the context of politics.

The closest we had to a unified commitment towards something was after 9/11, and while many of us at the time were impressed on Americans coming together, I think most of us with realistic hindsight sees we made some mistakes.

America used to be the best at dealing with adversity, not I think to put it politely it's not our strong suit.

I don't say this as a jab to anyone or just to be malice.... I say it because I sadly think it's true, and we're screwed for some time to come no matter the results of this next election.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Years of prosperity, affluence, ease and privilege have left us soft, spoiled.

There is little - within reason - that the US as a socio-political body couldn't accomplish with the right attitude, with unity and commitment to one another. Sadly, we let our handlers set us against each other and we piss off our strength fighting our neighbor instead of our true enemy.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Never use that, 'R' word in my presence again, however, I give you licence, or license even, to continue your investigation right through the new millennium.

What would happen if he did?

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When the left didn't ratchet down the crazy after Obama's election and two years of Congressional super majority, I knew things would never stop getting worse until something drastic happened. How could it? They just had everything they wanted more or less electorally handed to them on a silver platter, and THAT didn't make them happy, they kept on ranting.

edit on 16-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Cutting off the nose to spite the face, all while proclaiming we're winning because our guy has his turn... Only to yield very similar results.

Have a conversation with people without the context of politics, and often you'll get a starkly different opinion than if you wait a few days and apply the lens of partisan politics.

The fact we allow ourselves to be so dishonest with others and ourselves is scary, even scarier is some don't even know they're doing it... It's subconscious or automatic.

We have a long way to go, and I used to belive all it would take is some real adversity to wake us up.... And here we are, at the beginning of a black swan event. Tuck and roll, we're going down and fast.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
MSM was so thankful to have been given this phone conversation of Republican Senator Ben Sasse bashing President Trump.

www.foxnews.com...

It was their top story for 3 hours.. provided needed deflection from the Democrat's tailspin, on their way to crash and burn.

That article detailing what this guy said? It sounds just exactly what lefties who have drunk the MSM koolaid have all been parroting for Trump’s entire presidency. Did someone pay him to read something?

I didn’t listen to the recording, just read the article. It’s bizarre because it is just a list of everything that every anti-Trump person has been saying for 4 years now.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

When the left didn't ratchet down the crazy after Obama's election and two years of Congressional super majority, I knew things would never stop getting worse until something drastic happened. How could it? They just had everything they wanted more or less electorally handed to them on a silver platter, and THAT didn't make them happy, they kept on ranting.

And the right has their guy, with an added bonus of the left picking literally worse competition than Hillary.

The similarities between Obama and Trump, or any modern president are far easier to point out than differences.

It's not secret that I'm not a fan of either party, and I don't say that as a low blow or talking point, I sincerely believe that. I'm truly concerned.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: smurfy

What would happen if he did?

What, you mean DB? I dunno, he'd probably have a hell of a long shiite at the end of it though.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Care to be more specific, was there something that i missed

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Personally, hears what I see:

~If Trump wins, they will riot massively

~If Biden is allowed to still run, they will riot massively

aka, we, good citizens are caught behind the lines are F***** no mater which way the out come is.

I'm now in prepping stages, hope you are too!

Peace to all!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

If joe wins it wont matter if its blown or not.........thats the point my friend

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Good thing you guys have a strong third or fourth party to choo- ... oh wait.

Weve witnessed your gutless wonders of leaders........take a seat.....if you think for a second Canada wont be the second to succumb to the same youre either delusional or a cave dwelling hermit...

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

If joe wins it wont matter if its blown or not.........thats the point my friend

Well we've all been disappointed for decade, and if not disillusioned.

Think anything will change with Joe? In all honesty, I'd even go as far to say it's pretty transparent no one is thrilled with Joe. No one showed passion during the primary for him, he's just not Trump to most.

Leadership just sees him as an easy and guaranteed puppet.

That who we have to pick from... And many on the right still feel threatened he could win, which again I take as a sign of resemblance of transparency.

Sure plenty of people have TDS and will just disagree with him on everything or vote for anyone else with an (arguable) pulse.

But then you have independents, and I'm not talking about those who use that as an excuse for apathy or political illiteracy... No, I'm talking about the well versed consistent platform outcasts who never found a group that fits their beliefs... They don't like Trump, and it's not because of TDS, it's just because at the end of the day the results don't look to different than the predecessors.

We have two pretty ass options. And the timing couldn't be worse. The icing on the cake is even if you can logically prove it, people belligerently deny it on both sides and with a straight face tell some of us we're morally obligated to go with their guy, who and I quote what I hear the most "at least isn't as bad as the other" (said in different ways).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join