It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Haven't We Heard of this Guy???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
On the subject of veterans lying, I personally know a man who fought in Vietnam. He was shot five times in the abdomen and chest and a grenade exploded in his face, which he blocked with his hand which is now mangled. The surgeon actually cut off his toe and attached it to his hand so he can have part of a thumb.
The hilarious part is he will lie and say other things happened to him that didn’t. I don’t know why people who have been through horrible things feel the need to make it sound worse.
He once got drunk and told me he lost his genitals in the war. What he didn’t know was that I was drunk enough to call him out on it. We went to the restroom at Buffalo Wild Wings, he dropped trou, and I was right. I looked him dead in the eye and said “God damn you, Jimmy”.

TLDR-heroes can be lying assholes too

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Ummmm...most liars who make up stories about their war service don't have a 4 Star US Navy Admiral and Commander of the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) in Iraq write the Forward to their book!!

I'd say that's a pretty strong endorsement that Day is telling the truth, and most certainly not telling some liquored up BS...or did you miss that part???

OOPS!!

BTW...would you be willing to make your allegations to Mike Day's face? Something tells me you wouldn't!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

It's much more than just a "story".

It's a movie plot

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ummmm...most liars who make up stories about their war service don't have a 4 Star US Navy Admiral and Commander of the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) in Iraq write the Forward to their book!!

I'd say that's a pretty strong endorsement that Day is telling the truth, and most certainly not telling some liquored up BS...or did you miss that part???

OOPS!!

BTW...would you be willing to make your allegations to Mike Day's face? Something tells me you wouldn't!

Hell no I wouldn’t. I just wanted to share a funny story with my friends. Lighten up, guy.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I heard about him, I remember being as astonished years ago as I am not.

Seem to remember a lot of folks asked the same question, but remember what happened with the USAF combat controller a great deal of politics goes on behind the scenes it could be something as simple as they didnt want anymore of a spot light on the spec ops community.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well, with all due respect, my response was based on the last line of your post...

I didn't think that was the case with my OP.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well, with all due respect, my response was based on the last line of your post...

I didn't think that was the case with my OP.

No, I don’t either. Sorry for the confusion. My only point was that my friend is a hero and I can lovingly say he is full of sh!t.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=25468427]DrumsRfun[/post

Lattrell's story is incredulous beyond description as well. In fact, prior to hearing about Day I had thought something like what Lattrell endured would never be paralleled.

Not only has it been paralleled a few times but one of them was recorded by drone and is the only MOH actions ever filmed for the public to see.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If this is anything less than 95% embellished, its still impressive as hell!

And...how can I get that Super Soldier serum?!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Nice reminds me of a story of some soldier killing all these bad guys, runs out of ammo and takes the last one out with a shovel.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That's the most insane story I've ever heard. Like, if I saw it in a movie, I'd chuckle about how unrealistic the movie was. This dude is as badass as they come.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Are they hopped up on some kind of substance that gives them the ability to power through what would normally be a fatal event? A powerful story of a hero on duty, and lived for another day.

edit on 9-10-2020 by Rob808 because: I no spell rite

edit on 9-10-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
we have always been at war with Eurasia...

Mike Day was vetted by his peers and recognized for his actions, he will likely at some point be awarded the MOH - it's important for people to question the narrative, not accept stories off hand - looking at this picture it's hard to believe that he was shot more than a couple of times coffeeordie.com...

Chris Heben was a SEAL but when I met him he was a drunk POS and I could clearly see someone who could accidentally shoot themselves and blame it on a fantasy mugger - a ND like that is enough to get you bounced from the SEALS, people are people.

There are alot of false narratives promoted and downplayed for political reasons at every level - it may just be the military didnt want stories of people getting shot almost 30x and blown up with a hand grenade to be front and center of there war effort at that time, or he may 24 holes in his outfit and 3 in his body, who knows.

They do get pumped full of stuff to keep them mission ready, some of them have made references to it especially during covid - but I would imagine technical details like that are classified.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What made this guy a hero exactly?

I guess terrorism and heroism depends on which end of the gun you're looking at and the colour of your uniform.

Hero, or foreign invader. Keeping America safe, or looting for the U.S rich politicians?

Talking to a few of my ex-Marine buddies who toured there. I know what answer I'd pick. (Hint, none of them think they were heroes or keeping Americans safe by being there.)

Rhetorical questions so don't bother with responding to me I won't be back to this thread, but do feel free to keep drinking the kool-aid.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Military sycophants are weird. White Knighting a guy as bad ass as he reportedly is seems unnecessary and embarrassing but I guess I get it.

In the video above, I am absolutely certain that no one involved thinks of them self as "the bad guy". Everyone believes they are righteous if not their cause. I wouldnt expect any soldiers to be able to cognitively be prepared to kill while working but be anything less than enthusiastic about it when watching videos on ATS, I'm pretty sure they go hand in hand. I would prefer no one kills anyone but I have a pretty idealistic perspective on life and homicide.

I think its a Chicken or the Egg scenario where all sides can cherry pick in order to convince itself they are in the right.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
How fearing for your life in combination with pure tactical training and an angel on your shoulder can turn into a badass heroic soldier that needs to survive.

Amazing story..

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Are they hopped up on some kind of substance that gives them the ability to power through what would normally be a fatal event? A powerful story of a hero on duty, and lived for another day.

Yeah it's called adrenaline.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Explain how someone can survive 16 shots to their body (I'm being generous and ignoring the 11 shots to the vest which I'm assuming were AK rounds, even though if I weren't being generous I would question how armor designed to stop 1 or 2 rounds of 7.62 can withstand 11 from close range at full velocity) without a single one damaging vital organs enough to incapacitate or kill the dude, and then they go on to get hit by a grenade, pass out, get back up, and keep fighting. Look at ballistic gelatine tests of 7.62 bullets. They cause a lot of damage to surrounding tissue. And not one hit a major artery or knicked it or any other organ? Cmon. This # sounds fake. Like physically impossible kind of fake. Like someone being shot by a .50 to the head 3 times and surviving without their head being turned into a burst melon.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bearmonger

Well I posted actual combat footage of a man doing just that. He received 16 gunshot and shrapnel wounds and fought for hours until a final shot to his heart killed him. Adrenaline and a strong will can do things that seem surreal.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It does take forever and multiple US witnesses need to verify the story along with having a solid unblemished background in all aspects of life these days. I would also suspect he is not a fan of Obama and that is likely why he was passed over by the President at the time. Trump will gladly put the medal on him if he hears about it and I for dam sure support that.

Trust me when I tell you though, he could give a shat less. He is a warrior and probably just wanted to get back in the fight asap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join