It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are crashing our economies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: 19Bones79

"they"

Can you be a bit more clear as to who you mean?

Pedantic twat. You know exactly who they're talking about.

I've been away for a few days and I come back and read your bs and it's as predictable as it was few days ago.

Blubblubblub, right wing conspiracy theorists Blubblubblub Orange man bad Blubblubblub I play RPG games Blubblubblub guns are bad Blubblubblub leftists are on the correct side of history Blubblubblub etc.

Yeah, that's you.

Not necessarily. Some people are just so spooked by the stark and disturbing reality that they are actually unable to see the reality staring them in the face. You know the old saying, "Better the devil you know than the angel you don't." That's them.

History is replete with this type. They've made all kinds of evil successful because they couldn't look evil in the eye and deal with its stark ugliness.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
themadtruther.com...

Read it and Weep .

Like I said, fringe site. 'MadTruther.com', LOL, maybe 'TheTotalTruthForWackos.com' would be a great secondary source.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
See, there are other little things that were bothering me during all this.

One is the shortage of change. May not seem like much, but where the heck is all the change?
Banks have tons.
People who were saving their change, had to turn it in, just to try to pay a bill or two, since they aren't working. (some, not all)
So, where did it go?
But yet, every time I went to the store, I was always able to get change. So where was the real shortage?

And as far as the big stuff goes, like jobs?
Our governor lost her control battle, in our state supreme court. So now, she is using the health department, to do what she wants, to keep us locked down.

Who the heck is going to save us? Other governors, like in NY are still working on killing the economy as well.
How are things going in Florida? I hope they stay free.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Dunno.

My company is doing well, we absorbed a lot of work from other places that didn't meet H & S standards, we even just just got another level of ISO approved. And we are hiring still.

You have to remember, the economy is people working, being productive doing things. Perhaps the economy isn't being replaced or struck down, but rather perhaps it's being disrupted. To watch the working class rip themselves apart while the rich and elites stand back and watch.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
even that caravan of immigrants was planned. They wanted them in here to help destroy our country in the riots caused by Antifa and Black Lives Matter. Probably wanted them to help spread the virus more too.

They even know that vitamin d deficiency is the only way you can contract the virus and they are nearly silent in the media so more people get sick and die.

We are in world war 3. The weapons and enemy has changed. In the past we fought against countries to take out their banking system and implement the Federal Reserve owned banking system. It is now very obviously the central bankers vs the public.

and the public is so dumbed down they still think this is republicans vs democrats.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Blubblubblub, right wing conspiracy theorists Blubblubblub Orange man bad Blubblubblub I play RPG games Blubblubblub guns are bad Blubblubblub leftists are on the correct side of history Blubblubblub etc.

Yeah, that's you.

Wow you got all that from "they"

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

You are exactly right.

I'd think ahead on the whole bitcoin thing though...
Gold and maybe silver should be okay on the underground market, if there is much of one. It will be unbelievably easy for them to track anything that moves or breathes. Already is now!

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You sir are correct:

Look what Richard Dolan said about Totalitarianism in a 2014 speech. Hes my thread on it.

Totalitarianism

Totalitarianism is a concept for a form of government or political system that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life. It is regarded as the most extreme and complete form of authoritarianism.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Dunno.

My company is doing well, we absorbed a lot of work from other places that didn't meet H & S standards, we even just just got another level of ISO approved. And we are hiring still.

You have to remember, the economy is people working, being productive doing things. Perhaps the economy isn't being replaced or struck down, but rather perhaps it's being disrupted. To watch the working class rip themselves apart while the rich and elites stand back and watch.

You have to remember that the Fed printed over $6 trillion since COVID, and now US government is discussing printing and handing out another $2+ trillion. They are debasing the value of the USD at warp speed.

The top 1% already own the assets and are ahead of the ball whenever it comes to massive wealth transfers.

Some people are still making an income, but those dollars aren't going to be worth nearly as much. Wage increases already do not keep up with the devaluation of the dollar and now that devaluation has accelerated on top of huge swaths of individuals losing their incomes (or their business altogether).

Us peons are so f*cked

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It's interesting to note that supply side economics was introduced to perform two main tasks.
One, fight inflation, which was happening in Reagan's era, and to increase some sort of foreign policy, back then it was increase military budget.

Maybe COVID - 19 is nothing more than a distraction from the US on the verge of hyper inflation. The GOP has been implementing supply side since Trump got into power. Did they or do they know what's happening?

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
I put this in the gray area because I have no links or proof and to be honest am hoping for a discussion from people from all over.

Whatever this is, covid, the grassroots movements because they aren't real.

We all know black lives matter.

If you were my client I would give my life for you or your family's. I am a close protection operator.

I have looked after every colour and creed.

I have looked after people who although they are not household names in every corner of the planet, are known to anyone who follows world events on major news networks.

Back to the real issue.

Have you sensed a shift in managerial attitude?

It's almost like they want you to quit, and also for the company to fail.

Please tell me you are not having the same experience.

I just got home and I'm dead tired but will respond at some point.

I'm responding after reading your post although there are two pages of replies already. But, your question about managerial attitudes is intriguing.
I work for an international company based in Europe. I can sense a lot of turmoil among the top ranks. In fact, some of them haven't survived and are gone. Were they pushed out? I don't know.

I don't see the company I work for as wanting "to fail", that's for sure. Times are really tough for the industry I'm in and I think, because of COVID, no one is meeting their annual targets. The higher the rank, the more one earns from a bonus but you only get paid if the company meats the targets. If, let's say, the CEO makes $500K but earns a 35% bonus for meeting the targets, that's $175K that he/she won't be earning next year. That's got to hurt. There's the mortgage on the million dollar house, payments on the S-Class and the kid's private education.

edit on 10-6-2020 by LogicalGraphitti because: Change for clarity

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I´ve been following the trend of the last year of buying gold and selling dollars.

-MM
edit on 6-10-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

It's interesting to note that supply side economics was introduced to perform two main tasks.
One, fight inflation, which was happening in Reagan's era, and to increase some sort of foreign policy, back then it was increase military budget.

Maybe COVID - 19 is nothing more than a distraction from the US on the verge of hyper inflation. The GOP has been implementing supply side since Trump got into power. Did they or do they know what's happening?

I hope you aren't implying that the USA unleash the WuFlu. Certain politicians may be taking advantage of it though. What better way to keep the people occupied when there are so many in government and the media that are corrupt and about to be exposed.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
I´ve been following the trend of the last year of buying gold and selling dollars.

I'm curious, what if there's a global economic collapse, how long would it take to get your hands on your gold? I'm being serious because I wouldn't mind buying some but having a certificate or some piece of paper isn't going to get me far.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Gonna be huntin' time soon boys.
There's gotta be whitehats in the military that can handle this bs.

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: Added

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

I'm curious, what if there's a global economic collapse, how long would it take to get your hands on your gold? I'm being serious because I wouldn't mind buying some but having a certificate or some piece of paper isn't going to get me far.

You should probably register yourself now at a gold ETF dealer because KYC requirements take weeks, and if "everyone" starts registering it will take even longer. If you buy gold bullions from a dealer with a physical shop then you can probably do that in a day, never tried though.

-MM
edit on 6-10-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Well it got postponed today... Which I guess is good.

Kind of weird though if you think about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Oh ye of little faith, the government will crank out the cash soon enough. It's what it does.

That and spend.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Seems the central banks has stopped buying gold now, this was new to me.

-MM

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Oh ye of little faith, the government will crank out the cash soon enough. It's what it does.

That and spend.

Yea, it's just really weird he's doing it this way.

If you look at it logically, it doesn't make sense. He pissed off some of the people who think it's free money. Also, the republicans have been claiming that the left will load it with fat, and they're the only ones protecting us... It's implied it's not if but when this thing passes, so if we wait till after the election, the left might be able to push whatever they want through.

I'll take whatever wrench thrown into the cogs of spending I can get though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join