It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

59 ancient Egyptian sarcophagi discovered in Giza, 1 OPENED for the first time in 2500 years

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

Following the previous archaeological finds, more coffins have been found in Egypt, which offer a glimpse into the ancient Egyptian civilization.

This time, however, they decided to open a sarcophagus.

Newly-discovered ancient Egyptian sarcophagus is opened for the FIRST time in 2,500 years to reveal the mummified body of nobleman whose brain were removed through his nostrils with an iron hook

All the coffins discovered so far are in good condition and bear the original colours painted on the outside.

Opening one of the ornately decorated sarcophagi for the first time before assembled media, the team revealed mummified remains wrapped in burial cloth that bore hieroglyphic inscriptions in bright colours.

On the site - around 10 miles south-east of the Pyramids of Giza - 59 anthropoid painted coffins have been discovered so far. Around 40 were displayed to the press.

Pictured: A man opens one of the sarcophagi during the unveiling event in front of the media. 59 anthropoid painted coffins have been discovered so far

The majority of the coffins found so far have contained mummified remains (pictured) of priests, top officials and elites

Around 40 of the 59 coffins discovered at the site near Egypt's Saqqara necropolis were put on display to the media, with the others being stored ahead of being displayed in a museum

The dramatic find was unearthed south of Cairo in the sprawling burial ground of Saqqarah, the necropolis of the ancient Egyptian capital of Memphis, a UNESCO World Heritage site

He said the mission had started re-excavating the site two months ago, and uncovered a burial shaft 36 feet deep. Inside, they found 13 intact coffins.

Since the find of the first 13 coffins was announced almost three weeks ago, more have been discovered in shafts at depths of up to 40 feet

The coffins, sealed more than 2,500 years ago, date back to the Late Period of ancient Egypt, from about the sixth or seventh century BC

In addition to the coffins, a carved bronze statue of the god Nefertum, inlaid with precious stones, was discovered, as was a collection of 28 statues of Ptah-Soker, the main god of Saqqara Necropolis.

Excavations in Saqqara have in recent years unearthed troves of artefacts as well as mummified snakes, birds, scarab beetles and other animals

Work continues to be carried out to try and work out the exact history of the sarcophagi.

An unknown number of additional coffins may still lie buried there, the tourism and antiquities minister, Khaled al-Anani, said at the site, near the 4,700-year-old pyramid of Djoser.

'So today is not the end of the discovery, I consider it the beginning of the big discovery,' he said.

What do you think, ATS?

Were they discovered now or earlier?
Why would they tell us this now?
Why was the media initially allowed to see around 40 sarcophagi and not all of them?
Would that go against the official narrative?

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anon283799
Hey ATS!

Following the previous archaeological finds, more coffins have been found in Egypt, which offer a glimpse into the ancient Egyptian civilization.

This time, however, they decided to open a sarcophagus.

Newly-discovered ancient Egyptian sarcophagus is opened for the FIRST time in 2,500 years to reveal the mummified body of nobleman whose brain were removed through his nostrils with an iron hook

All the coffins discovered so far are in good condition and bear the original colours painted on the outside.

Opening one of the ornately decorated sarcophagi for the first time before assembled media, the team revealed mummified remains wrapped in burial cloth that bore hieroglyphic inscriptions in bright colours.

On the site - around 10 miles south-east of the Pyramids of Giza - 59 anthropoid painted coffins have been discovered so far. Around 40 were displayed to the press.

Pictured: A man opens one of the sarcophagi during the unveiling event in front of the media. 59 anthropoid painted coffins have been discovered so far

The majority of the coffins found so far have contained mummified remains (pictured) of priests, top officials and elites

Around 40 of the 59 coffins discovered at the site near Egypt's Saqqara necropolis were put on display to the media, with the others being stored ahead of being displayed in a museum

The dramatic find was unearthed south of Cairo in the sprawling burial ground of Saqqarah, the necropolis of the ancient Egyptian capital of Memphis, a UNESCO World Heritage site

He said the mission had started re-excavating the site two months ago, and uncovered a burial shaft 36 feet deep. Inside, they found 13 intact coffins.

Since the find of the first 13 coffins was announced almost three weeks ago, more have been discovered in shafts at depths of up to 40 feet

The coffins, sealed more than 2,500 years ago, date back to the Late Period of ancient Egypt, from about the sixth or seventh century BC

In addition to the coffins, a carved bronze statue of the god Nefertum, inlaid with precious stones, was discovered, as was a collection of 28 statues of Ptah-Soker, the main god of Saqqara Necropolis.

Excavations in Saqqara have in recent years unearthed troves of artefacts as well as mummified snakes, birds, scarab beetles and other animals

Work continues to be carried out to try and work out the exact history of the sarcophagi.

An unknown number of additional coffins may still lie buried there, the tourism and antiquities minister, Khaled al-Anani, said at the site, near the 4,700-year-old pyramid of Djoser.

'So today is not the end of the discovery, I consider it the beginning of the big discovery,' he said.

What do you think, ATS?

Were they discovered now or earlier?
Why would they tell us this now?
Why was the media initially allowed to see around 40 sarcophagi and not all of them?
Would that go against the official narrative?

Waiting for the militant black ATS members to say "Issa lie".

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Ahh yes, the "We wuz" group. Its not to hard to imagine that ancient Egypt was as diverse then as it is now. Some people just don't want to accept reality.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just in case 2020 hasn't been wild enough, let's go open some mummies!

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

I was just going to say the same... What the hell is wrong with these people?
Leave the dead be and respect their dignity as well as the warnings not to invade them.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The more they search the more they ll find. Never a shortage of dead people.

Hopefully one day they ll open the wrong sarcophagus...

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Leave the dead be and respect their dignity as well as the warnings not to invade them.

Exactly!

Why is it shipwrecks are supposedly off-limits and considered mass graves, but coffins in the desert are fair game?

Humans suck.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm trying to think of ways to screw with the people who open my casket in 2500 years.
Maybe a fart machine or can of exploding snakes.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

originally posted by: charlyv

Exactly!

Why is it shipwrecks are supposedly off-limits and considered mass graves, but coffins in the desert are fair game?

Humans suck.

Because we have laws here, so gov gets the gold.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

Can across this some time ago. Not surprising since Egypt was such a huge trade hub. There would be a lot of genetic diversity.

www.reuters.com...

Up to 70 percent of British men and half of all Western European men are related to the Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun, geneticists in Switzerland said.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with discovery and research, there's clearly a LOT we could learn from the Egyptians.

However these are still humans in their graves. We can learn but we need to be respectful.

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I'm trying to think of ways to screw with the people who open my casket in 2500 years.
Maybe a fart machine or can of exploding snakes.

I was thinking of a jar of dog urine. If someone in the future wants a swig of "mummy juice", bottoms up!

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimish
a reply to: galaga

Ahh yes, the "We wuz" group. Its not to hard to imagine that ancient Egypt was as diverse then as it is now. Some people just don't want to accept reality.

Bear in mind that these coffins (and Tut for that matter) are from the late period of ancient Egypt— the earlier periods date back even thousands of years before that. To make any assumptions off of this alone would be an order of magnitude more foolish than aliens digging up graves from Kansas in 2020 and concluding everyone in the history of America was Caucasian.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The dead will never be let to rest In peace My Horas rest they souls .
2,500 Years from Now that may BE you on the tables and floors .

Honestly if I had MY dyeing wish I would want To be lunched INTO space on a Craft fast enough to Brake solar system gravity so In a few Million years aliens will find MY dead FROZEN corps and REVIVE me and they are all HOT green chicks who have NO men LOLOLOL .

PS the ONLY part that is a JOKE is the GREEN chicks But hey its just wishfull thinking .

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
They are not Muslims so why should the Muslims not open infidels graves.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The royal blood line is blonde hair blue eyes.
This is what Hitler was trusted with power to correct on the planet but failed.
The royal blood line does originate back to the English royal families.
All pharaohs were ancient slave drivers, who worked the lands of Africa to recover gold for the Annunaki.

....so they say anyways...

I'd be more concerned with did they disinfect those effing things before and after they opened them.
You'll know the mummy curses they talk about?
They probably just died from bacterias that have been lurking in these dry arid places for thousands of years and when introduced to humidity or breathed in to the lungs, they come back to life and start infecting their hosts.

Listen, I have a huge imagination so I'll just say that out right befote you start name calling me crazy lol

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Egypt will forever fascinate.

Sucks though that 2500 year old dead guys gets sucked into the identity politics of the fragile.

I honestly don't care whether they were black, white or olive munchers from Greece.

It shouldn't determine anyones self worth ffs.

Empty vessels just like the mummies.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I wonder how much has been taken by grave robbers in the past..Reading "Judgement of the Pharoh" by Joyce Tyldesley at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join