It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Horror Game fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here's a little weekend project I made and posted on my new YouTube channel. Horror game fans/fanatics (Myself included)
will remember Doom and Doom 3. Take it or leave it, it was a scary, dark and brooding game for its day. Being a PC gamer who played the original back in the day, Yeah, I'm that old. When Doom 3 was on the horizon, I made sure I had the PC power to max its details out.

I Built a tower that could not only run this but HL2 and Far Cry maxed, After a few NVIDIA's quick, nimble and responsive Beta drivers tech team developers releases I wasn't disappointed

In this video I laid down 4 different audio tracks from the game to help create the back story to these originally audio only recordings in the game as well screens of this beautifully created nightmare realm to create hopefully something more both more darkly foreboding and a richley unnerving experience.

So, for what its worth Enjoy

edit on 30-9-2020 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Hey Slayer, nice to see you pop by...I like "Horror" video games myself, but I switched to an xbox console.

Im playing World War Z at the moment, have you tried that?

I just went back to watch the video and poof
edit on 30-9-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I'm in the process of building from scratch another Monster gaming PC. I have both the latest Sony and Xbox

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So, do you create games too?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Worked in the field back in the day in the real REAL world.
I have one I'm trying to get off the ground, Totally unique, stay tuned.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Long time no read.

I, too, am one of the old gamers who never really grew out of it. I remember when my older bro let me play one of the first computer games the scientists developing COBAL had made for themselves back in the 1970's... it was a "Star Trek" game, mostly text, with stuff like: 3 Romulans are approaching, fire phasers? Y/N? Heh. At least it was better than Pong.

One odd thing I noted when replaying some of the earlier games is that my brain had supplied the graphics back before they were advanced. I was surprised that the original DOOM was so blocky and basic.

So, good effort.

With improving graphics and neural tech, it occurs to me we might be in a PlayStation 10 game called "The Demise of the American Empire."

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Why have a monster Gaming PC without VR...

Btw Horror games in VR.... wear your brown pants

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, Hopes so, I haven't finished editing Prey yet... Stay tune

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I hear ya, I have a few more in the work each a little cleaner than the last as I hone some skills

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I am impressed!

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
In this video I laid down 4 different audio tracks from the game to help create the back story to these originally audio only recordings in the game as well screens of this beautifully created nightmare realm to create hopefully something more both more darkly foreboding and a richly unnerving experience.

Thanks for sharing, Brother.

S&F

new topics

top topics

join