It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dynamic tattoos promise to warn wearers of health threats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Smart tattoos have been getting sone attention of late with the idea of quantum dot tattoos, being pushed out just before and during the corona virus pandemic as a way to digitally monitor and track people who have received the soon to be forthcoming vaccine.

Some other developments have also been happening in the realm of smart tattos though.

theconversation.com...

The first examples of color-changing nanotech tattoos have been developed over the past few years, and they’re not just for body art. They have a biomedical purpose. Imagine a tattoo that alerts you to a health problem signaled by a change in your biochemistry, or to radiation exposure that could be dangerous to your health.

You can’t walk into a doctor’s office and get a dynamic tattoo yet, but they are on the way. Early proof-of-concept studies provide convincing evidence that tattoos can be engineered, not only to change color, but to sense and convey biomedical information, including the onset of cancer.

In 2017, researchers tattooed pigskin, which had been removed from the pig, with molecular biosensors that use color to indicate sodium, glucose or pH levels in the skin’s fluids.

In 2019, a team of researchers expanded on that study to include protein sensing and developed smartphone readouts for the tattoos. This year, they also showed that electrolyte levels could be detected with fluorescent tattoo sensors.

In 2018, a team of biologists developed a tattoo made of engineered skin cells that darken when they sense an imbalance of calcium caused by certain cancers. They demonstrated the cancer-detecting tattoo in living mice.

Temporary transfer tattoos are also undergoing a high-tech revolution. Wearable electronic tattoos that can sense electrophysiological signals like heart rate and brain activity or monitor hydration and glucose levels from sweat are under development. They can even be used for controlling mobile devices, for example shuffling a music playlist at the touch of a tattoo, or for luminescent body art that lights up the skin.

Tattoos injected into the skin offer the best of both worlds: minimally invasive, yet permanent and comfortable. New needle-free tattooing methods that fire microscopic ink droplets into the skin are now in development. Once perfected they will make tattooing quicker and less painful.

To be honest, even without the potential for tracking, i don't think i like the idea of having some kind of dynamic, possibly even internet linkable tattoo on my body.

What about anyone else?
edit on 27/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The title should read.

"Dynamic tattoos promise to provide better monitoring and control over your slaves."

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Just No.

I an not going to be connected to the internet.

At least with a cell phone, you can leave it at home or just emp shield it till you need it to prevent tracking.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Glowing tattoos may be a very cool thing. I might consider doing that to be honest as for using it for medical beneifit not so much. Maybe I would consider it for stress you could make a tattoo to calm you when your stressed but thats pushing it.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Is anyone else starting to think George Orwell is the reincarnation of Nostradamus?

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Crap like this is why I have been stocking up on ARs and ammo. I would just like to say...hell no.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I think this is a wonderful and beautiful idea thru a blank stare.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I guess the mark of the beast is a thing...

Livestock branding is a technique for marking livestock so as to identify the owner.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I have no tattoos and never will.

First of all its poison and causes health problems just getting it on you.

Second of all its a lame way to tell me something about yourself and I automatically dont like you because you're shallow and think these marks you pollute yourself with are cool or send a message.

Whatever reason I don't give a #.

It's trash.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
How can you be yourself when you need marks on your body to tell me things about you? It's so fake.

Anyways, tattoos cause health problems so if it detects anything half the time it'll detect its own footprint of problems the tatt itself causes.

Please stop doing this trend.

I will never comply.
I'll fight to the death if anyone wants to mark my body with their poisons.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Think about it:

Tattoos cause cancer.

New tatt detects cancer.

Be assured it will change colors lol.
Dumbasses...

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Forthcoming poison you mean right? Vaccines are a sham>

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Sounds like a publicity campaign, to get the useful-idiots on board, before they make them compulsory...

For those whom are thinking : Hey ! That sounds cool ! Where can I get one ? "
It's advertising, and it's inherently lying to you.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here I was hoping for reptilian skin, but instead it's just more ways for Amazon and co. to corral you.

Never been a fan of tattoos, not knocking those who are, but I rarely know of something I'd like on my body till cremation.

If anything, I'd get Norse runes around my wrists, then tattoos that light up? Hells yeah

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I have no tattoos and never will.

First of all its poison and causes health problems just getting it on you.

Second of all its a lame way to tell me something about yourself and I automatically dont like you because you're shallow and think these marks you pollute yourself with are cool or send a message.

Whatever reason I don't give a #.

It's trash.

Having tattoos do not cause health problems my god what century do you live in? What this does is its an alternative to phosperous based inks meaning its safer. Because the phosperous based inks caused some people to have an alergic reaction such as rash and swelling.

They have glow in the dark inks that do not use phosperous for people who do have an allergy they just dont tend to be as bright. As far as tracking someone or something like that through a tattoo you need to go get medicated your paranoia has far exceeded reality. There has never been an ink that can track people! Sorry thats just not how they work

Now what would make this neat is to have a tattoo that could glow or change color on demand I could see that being very cool.

Here is some glow in the dark tats if you were curious.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

"These reactions could be linked to the presence of harmful chemicals in most mainstream tattoo inks. Phthalates and benzo(a)pyrene are two of the most harmful chemicals present, both having been linked to cancer and endocrine disruption. They can also be found on the EPA's carcinogen list."

Thats the tip of the iceberg as there are various metals etc which are very unhealthy.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

"These reactions could be linked to the presence of harmful chemicals in most mainstream tattoo inks. Phthalates and benzo(a)pyrene are two of the most harmful chemicals present, both having been linked to cancer and endocrine disruption. They can also be found on the EPA's carcinogen list."

Thats the tip of the iceberg as there are various metals etc which are very unhealthy.

They no longer use that it was in black ink. they were using something called carbon black. Basically made from petroleum. Now there are several that make organic inks meaning made from plants. There are still some of the older inks out there but most have went over to organic for about the last 10 years. You would want to ask what ink they are using Kuro Sumi is a good one for example. The only major problem is if you turn out to be allergic to the plant but hopefully, your tattoo artist will tell you you having one and stop.

Its in the best interests of tattoo artists and ink manufacturers to make their product safer. So a lot of the hazards you see mentioned were decades ago in the 50s and 60s any ink would do and then there was fools in the 80s that decided to try printer ink times have changed alot since then.
edit on 9/28/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Petroleum itself is carcinogenic. Not a good choice.

I'd bet they picked certain plants that also cause cancer because I know the score. The track record is humanity can't do anything right and we screw everything up even more.

Should I even bother looking it up to see if I'm right? Thats the normal route but at this point I'm not caring either way.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Should I even bother looking it up to see if I'm right? Thats the normal route but at this point I'm not caring either way.

The OP is about information-holding quantum-dot tattoos, and not decorative tattoos.

They are invisible to the eye, and are proposed to be used to track us.
Because we're all contagious, and unwilling to just lay-down, and let the jackboot rest nicely on our faces.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Yes I understand that but my raving posts were intended to show I legitimately have every right to deny anything at all being put in or on my body.

And I don't even need reasons although I happen to have some.

I wonder if things like tattoos in modern culture were intentionally popularized with the foresight that one day it'd be used for Control so they needed a century to soften everyone up to the idea? Hmmm.

<<   2 >>

join