It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you miss pre-Covid?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There was a song on the radio today, the lyrics got to me. Something about you don't know what you have until it's gone.

I think Pre-Covid days will be similar to Pre 9/11 days. We will eventually get over Covid, but the world has already changed.

Here is what I miss.

I miss planning a vacation, and going on a plane and not having to worry. I miss being in a theater. Even with Netflix and the internet and all the channels, there was always something nostalgic about going to the theaters. I miss the state fairs, the huge cream puffs, the fried foods, the crowds of people bumping into each other. Going to restaurants and enjoying the last days of summer. I miss kids not being anxious, teachers not being more anxious, parents with one less thing to worry about.

I know some good will come out of this two, even in the darkest of times, good emerges, but I still miss pre-Covid.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I miss people keeping their stupidity and control-freak tendencies to themselves instead of forcing it on the rest of civilization.

But that's just me I dunno

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The bar scene...live music, picking up chicks, hustling the pool table.
Not wearing a stinking mask.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I agree with NB.

The stupidity and fascism were always there, CV19 has just given people the opportunity to get it right up in your face.

link   
Work...I love my industry, its community and the money! Thankfully we are starting to work with the protocols and production starting again.
edit on 23-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Ammo prices.

I miss Ammo availability and prices.
edit on 23-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Ammo prices.

I miss Ammo availability and prices.

Not just ammo, a lot of products are creeping higher and higher.
I've seen some items quadruple in price. I am thankful that we are not out of anything anymore in my area.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Literally everything is better except the star-bellied sneetches pushing the mask crap. Traffic is lighter. Lines are shorter. All kinds of projects are getting done around my house. Sure, i cancelled a vacation myself, but i buy travel insurance when I book so I lost nothing when that vacation didnt happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Literally everything is better......................

Traffic is lighter. Lines are shorter. All kinds of projects are getting done around my house.

Are you for real?

Have you not noticed the current attempt to enslave the entire planet through the creation of eyewatering levels of debt.

Has the penny not dropped yet that, for the current generations at school and those who have just left, their future has just been torched.

But that's all ok, you can drive around with less traffic. FS.

edit on 23 9 2020 by myselfaswell because: the kangaroos made me do it.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Being an introvert, don't really miss anything.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That Walmart Isn't open 24 hours anymore and McDonalds raised the prices here in our town, and I wish I didn't have to wear a mask inside business's, but i did win an argument with my cat !! finally
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Work...I love my industry, its community and the money! Thankfully we are starting to work with the protocols and production starting again.

With you 100%!

Being behind the scenes and creating what people love...not knowing I was a part of it, is what I miss.

You and I do similar things. My wife is leaving me for another stagehand....after 20 years for another stagehand...if y’all have work, how do I get in? Pm me.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
None of those things really changed in my area, still all pretty much the same from pre covid bs.

Now ammo is a different story, I miss the old prices grrrrrrrr. Luckily I do know a couple online places that still sell at normal prices but hardly ever in stock.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

What in the world are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sanity.

And city folks staying in their cities. Damn near every square inch of land nearby has been bought in the past two months by people who want to hide from their beloved homelands lack of leadership and responsibility.

If your answer to your problems.is run and hide, please go somewhere else.
edit on 23-9-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

And city folks staying in their cities

That was already happening pre-covid here, city folks were buying in the burbs and country for a while.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TimHeller
That Walmart Isn't open 24 hours anymore and McDonalds raised the prices here in our town, and I wish I didn't have to wear a mask inside business's, but i did win an argument with my cat !! finally

It is interesting here,
A lot of restaurants are closing, but they are all the bad ones, either bad food or bad service. It's amazing they ever survived in the first place. The great places are getting even more business and expanding!

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The smell of cotton candy and screams from janky and hastily built roller-coasters at local fairs and festivals.

Live music, cold beer, warm sun, and bunches of others doing the same.

Not being alone and so lonely. All the time

My friend that passed away this year.

Sanity. Inward and outward.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I was already a bit of a social hermit, people are crazy lol. Not much changed around here though, I had more work during this covid # than ever, so I really got it better than a lot. Not sure why though, maybe people being stuck in their houses make them want to renovate more or something. Only real complaint is family couldn't visit from the US this summer, that was the only real bummer.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Everything!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join