It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playstation 5 unveil in 20 minutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I guess one does not need the drive anymore.

-MM

I'll be getting the better model.

My move is I'll pre-order three on Tuesday when they star accepting. I'll sell two and hopefully pay for mine.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Just buy a 3080 instead ya peasants.

I'll just have a nice pc and xbox 😀

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I guess you could use the xbox to set your drink on.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I guess you could use the xbox to set your drink on.

I still prefer some things on my Xbox. Probably just a creature of habit.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I'll probably buy ps5 and xbox, just don't tell nobady!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I pre-ordered mine, and immediately ordered a skin for it. Absolutely detest white electronics.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
you losers. i get to spend half my wages upgrading my graphics cards every month.
can you do that?

yeah thought not you disgusting peasants

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Pre orders just went live on Amazon early before it's searchable.

Anyone reading this has about two minutes... amzn.... to/3msqZDO

I split the link so it would post.
edit on 16-9-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well hell, I rechecked this morning but just like yesterday afternoon. all sold out everywhere I checked. As any preorders become available, could people please post the info here?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Walmart will do instore preorders on Tuesday.

Not sure if those start at midnight or another time.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on their site. I did find the following article helpful in listing some of the major retailers you could preorder from, but as of yesterday afternoon/this morning, all sold out

www.ign.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

They have been selling out of pre orders in about 5 minutes. You can follow Wario64 on twitter, and have a general idea of when they are going to go live, and he'll post them the second the links work....

Or, you can follow Best Buy and Target. Best Buy took the full amount for me upon pre order, and in my past experience, Target pings your account every so often to make sure you're still good for it. So Best Buy might have people cancel pre orders to free up some cash, and people with Target may dip their account at the wrong time releasing their spot. You could keep checking those two, though it's rare, it got me a pretty rare pre order in the past when everyone thought they were sold out.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That’s like saying you don’t know why calculator exists because you have a phone.
its to do a specific task to entertain. It also ensures players actually BUY the games they play and and help support said creation of games.

It also reduces cheating and hacking because like it’s been stated they are limited which is a good thing.

Consoles support game devs and force you to play legit without hacks.

PC players can pirate their games which dosent support the games they play. Also hacks cheats and bots.
Gaming on PC stopped being fun for me a long long time ago.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Never heard of this Wario guy, but he tweeted a few hours ago that Walmart and Target were opening up preorders at 6 PM (PDT) I Got the 'sold out screen' multiple times,and suddenly saw my order was placed!

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Ya but thats only the hardware side. They still exist because of the software side.

Essentially, you plug in a game, you have a bit of fun. And thats that.

When was the last good game for the PC? In a long long time. So even if you have the best hardware, it still takes years and years to develop a game on it. By the time you even get to the halfway stage, the hardware requirements have changed.

So, thats why consoles exist, and will exist. They lockdown the hardware requirements, and that way companies can spend time making games for those specifics, they dont want to spend the next 4 years and millions of dollars, only to find out that they are behind the curve in half that time.

And at the end of the day most people just want to pick up a game play, have a bit of fun. Then do other things. Most people dont give a # how powerful your PC is or any of that. And you can have the most powerful gaming PC out there. But if all the games on it are just boring.

Then whats the point?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
I pre-ordered mine, and immediately ordered a skin for it. Absolutely detest white electronics.

I´ve also managed to pre-order the BluRay version now, unfortunately there was no option on that shop to customize the skin - but I think it looks pretty enough in white, so I´m good.

-MM

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

It makes Christmas shopping for my son a lot easier, excited to see his face on Xmas day. After a few whiskeys I’ll no doubt have a few games with him although the older I get the more I seem to struggle playing modern games, they’re just so damn fast and high octane, only ones I enjoy on my own are the simulators and strategy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join