It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the point?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What it means is that we are developing/evolving towards an awareness. Whose and capacity to perceive
and ultimate goal is to make us aware of our inherent structure, taking into account all its complexities (i.e....quantum consciousness).

Time is the medium by which this process is made evident.

Majestica travel to Rome, Italy and ask a curator why are the columns used in ancient buildings the response will be that its meant to hold up the building.

Go to China and approach the curator of a building which is ancient and has columns and as the same question and he or she will tell you the story of the Column people.

Take a moment to check and you will find that buildings in both countries have the same amount of columns.

The story of the Column people was alleged to have been prepared by the Black Buddha (the emeperor of China who was said to have lived a thousand years).

It pertains to the role of prophets (presenting the role of those who constructed columns as an analogy, as opposed to the brick layers and carpenters).

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Seek not the whats unattainable but seek whats is unavoidable........God.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
That right there proves it, what you've stated-if true-there is no point! Why would only *some* be living the right one, the truth, while others fully believe they are living in good and living also the truth that brings them to the light of the God they believe in? So which one are you living and believing? Let me guess, the true one? Well ask someone else who believes totally different then you and they would state the same. Would it be fair of God to let them perish because they were lost in what they believed? Isn't God a fair God? Did He not know with all the different nationalities that all would not believe the same? Was it a plan from the beginning?
He created all lives, that are completely different and expected them to all conform to the same belief? Obviously this isn't possible and never was meant to be possible. So I have to disagree with you there..we all live in what we believe and in the long run it leads us all to the same place..
Magestica

I agree that God is reasonable and full of mercy, he will save everyone righteous no matter what they believed.

Here I never tried to put my belief as absolute truth. I am just saying that logically only one belief can be true.
But I think that everyone outside of 'true religion' will be judged according to what they did, and law they believe in.

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
today, in our society, the only purpose we are ever going to find, is purpose of self. our governments, they keep us searching.......

we go to school, so we can learn the ways of the world, sooner or later, some of us go to college, and we made for the world. lots of us belive in god so we pray for the world. many of us don't so i say to the world, if you want purpose, you have to find something to belive in, not something preached by another man, but something within you. once you find happiness in self, and you are comfortable with your own exsistance, can you have meaning. when you live to please others, that is a slave to society, when you live to please yourself, that is selfishness, when you live for your beliefs, and would die for them no matter what, and put others ahead of you, that is selflessness. humanity, our exsistance is a failed expiriment.

if you want true purpose fight, so we can establish a lace where we can look to our past for the answers, defy the lengths of time so we can see at last, why? if not, live, and love life. we only live once so don't be unhappy. find peace of mind, peace of heart, and you're bound to find a piece of meaning.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I understand what I personally believe. I don't necessarily feel lost or anything. Maybe I am and just think I'm not? However there *are* things that confuse me. If I sit and think of everyones lives and how the differ and yet some are very much the same and everyones beliefs and how they differ. Then it just makes little sense as to what the ultimate purpose is?

For instance, here's my troubles. I feel much more spiritual then worldly, I find meanings everywhere. But those that walk the same path as me, feel nothing that I feel. They live their lives, as though they could careless if they feel any connection to the spirit. They see with their eyes and nothing more, they feel with their hands and nothing more. So who is the one who is lost? Why are some so detatched from their spirits, yet they believe in God and that's it? It's as though, I'm the one struggling. Why do I have to struggle so much more within my spirit then others? And yet I look at them and think to myself, there IS more meaning then this which we see, isn't there? So why don't they see it?

There's more to it, but I'm trying to make it short and to the point, which is somewhat difficult. If you don't understand, then just ask...

Now about me traveling, that would be nice, but would never happen. But I'll certainly look into what you've stated and see what meaning I can find without having to travel. I've heard this before, but never bothered to search into it further as I didn't think there was much to be found in connection with how I feel and answers I'm looking for..
Mag

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That was a fantastic point. You made it very clear..But to some, life isn't that simple. Being happy isn't enough, being loved and loving isn't enough. Because there is a darkness always lurking amongst them, that forces them to reconsider everything..it's not a matter of being selfish or selfless..it's as though these things pass and they die out, then what? When you are 80 and you look back at your life and all that you've achieved, was it enough? Did you do the right things? Did you find purpose through love and happiness and learning? Was there even a point in everything you did and endured? And then most of all, what about those who never found love or happiness?

I'm not wondering this really from a personal standpoint, I wonder for all of us. What is our purpose for having to be here living in this world? Maybe I'm just going through some oddball phase? Sorry to include you all. I do read and review over and over though everything that you've all said. So it wasn't in vain, just so you know..
Thank you

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ya mag, i think you're just wandering around with your mind right now. sooner or later, you'll be hit in the ass by reality, it happens to us all. last year, i spent about a month zoning out questioning reality, i mean, i saw the universe in a different light, but then it quit. i twas weird. it helped me in the end.......

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It is possible that I'm struggling..but I've never been hit so hard with reality as I have here lately. I think it's the struggling that is helping me cope, or vice verse? My mind has had to do ALOT of thinking and perhaps this is where it's leading me? I don't know..but in the end, I'll certainly let you all know where it leads me..
Thanks for your thoughtful words all

Mags

[Edited on 7/13/03 by magestica]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Megaquad which what I am about to say I mean no disrespect, rather my intent is to suggest that truth is in the eye's of the beholder. To suggest that we know
Gods intent is to suggest we know God in all his ways.

As a result with respect to the beholder which in this case is God a person of wisdom is open to all considerations.

With respect to being 100% sure I always keep in mind that God moves in mysterious ways....

Main Entry: mys�te�ri�ous
Pronunciation: mis-'tir-E-&s
Function: adjective
Date: 1600
1 a : of, relating to, or constituting mystery b : exciting wonder, curiosity, or surprise while baffling efforts to comprehend or identify : MYSTIFYING
2 : stirred by or attracted to the inexplicable
- mys�te�ri�ous�ly adverb
- mys�te�ri�ous�ness noun

Pronunciation Key

� 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

Majestica The sound of a train which I thought was in the back of my mind sometimes seems closer. I knew that one of my tires would blow out on my way back
home, but still had to get to my destination. Does a glass of wine taste better with Jazz or R&B?

The good news is tomorrow is another day, perhaps then I will try the white wine with the new age, buy a new tire and consider that the sound of trains could be related to why a passer by did not have an affair.

If I fell in love with life would it be that bad.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
think about why the world is why it is. ask yourself what does reality matter, i mean in the end all we have is ourselves. but til then enjoy life, like i am tryin to do. our minds are seperate, so how do i even know, that reality, life, death, emotion, pain, feelings, how do i know it's not all a game in my mind? defy what you know, break the laws of the apparent and make what yopu want with your mind. look into yourself for purpose, not to us. we can only show you the path, you must walk down it.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
if you were god, would you not prefer something over nothing?
that is the purpose of existance. relief from eternal boredom.
for each question you answer, a thousand more will be unveiled.
this is the result of the ongoing expansion of the collective consciousness.
the simpsons is another reason for existance.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
do what makes you happy girl
its good to question
but the more you learn about life you realize you dont know anthing at all...thats someones quote, i forgot his name.

nothing made sense to me either as far as creation until i gave birth. i saw my daughters face for the first time and nearly had a nervous breakdown. how did i make something out of nothing. it was the first imprint i felt i had made on this earth. im not saying you need to have kids in order to discover answers to life.

there is so much to take in, maybe you need to move.
like to a big city. be alone with yourself for a while. you sound a bit lost.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have had a child, given birth and it was the most fantastic *yet painful* experience in my entire life-most def!

Once I thought I was found, only to find I was lost..
(don't know who wrote that, but it fits quite nicely right now) maybe I just made it up LOL!

Anyway, my life right now
is all kinds of things combined, perhaps this is where my confusion lies-but my mood says everything about it all..
Magestica

top topics

<< 1   >>

join