It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two HS Football Players Suspended Indefinitely for Carrying ‘Thin Blue Line’ Flag

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Supporting their fathers isn’t counter protesting BLM or anything else, even if you think it is. You’ve assigned their motive and damned them for it, and that’s just the facts.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko
You *know* it for a fact, or that's just your personal feelings on it?

Fact. The flag has nothing to do with 9/11 and only a cynical tool bag would think otherwise.

Weren't you the one in another thread lecturing people about being thin-skinned?

Exactly what flag out there is for first responders? Not the US ... first responders. They are generally the ones who get honored on 9/11 for their role in being the ones who dealt directly with the towers and still suffer from it today. And I note that you're mad about the thin blue line flag, not the thin red line flag the other kid took for fire fighters. Why not?

We're talking about first responders here. Both flags went out, and we're arguing about just one of them.

So it's OK to honor fire fighters with the red line flag, but not police with the blue line flag. Who's being selective and cynical now?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Weren't you the one in another thread lecturing people about being thin-skinned?

It has nothing to do with thin skin, the school denied their use, they did it anyway and caught a suspension for being political. If you have a problem take it up with the school.

None of this changes the fact that this flag has zip to do with 9/11, hence my cynical comment.

edit on 16-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Supporting their fathers...

Their fathers were involved with 9/11? No? Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I hope things swing back on BLM 10 fold.

Cant wait for the day they are crying for the police

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

The thin blue line grew out of your own history - British soldiers in the Crimea.

Hardly the most glorious war in British history and one, incidentally, where the US was supporting the other side.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well said sir.

It's always amazing to see a tiny bit of local news blown up to a national existential crisis. It's an online thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I can make get real political real quick...

Hold an emergency recall of the school board (all of whom are elected in Ohio) for not coming down on the school administration and turning a non-event into a “black eye” for he school and community. Furthermore since taxpayer money pays for the administration, fine a year’s salary each for failure to perform duties as expected to community standards by disparaging support of first responders on the anniversary of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

the argument I hear against this one is that "stopping racism isn't political, its human".

Now if only BLM was about stopping racism, and not instilling its own version of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

So in a land where we have the right to protest---and teams have been making political statements of solidarity with BLM and NOT getting any punishment----what point are you trying to make?

That only some forms of protest or political civil disobedience are okay? There is a word for that.....

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You see the left has this problem.....For a long time politics of any kind was not allowed in pre college schooling. But as soon as the LGTB and BLM started pushing for it to be allowed---the schools capitulated rather than face a more poorly educated and emotionally unstable group intent on burning down and out opposition.

Not the same group that pushed for inclusion wants to exclude. They are using the same tactics to get their goal. Many people on the right asked----Where does all this end? Many people in the middle said---why are these groups suddenly getting into the educational system?

What we are seeing is people giving into hate. Anyone thinking two white kids expressing support for first responders is problematic only think so if they are full of that hate to begin with or afraid of that hate.

Does anyone wonder why public schools are so intent on eliminating school choice? The most socially woke schools would be far behind those private schools focused on results, not churning out reason deprived scientifically ignorant mouthpieces

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

So edgy. And untrue. And what amazes me about posts like this---is both sides do it while complaining about stereotyping by the other. It's like watching two dumb snakes devour each other

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
Many people in the middle said---why are these groups suddenly getting into the educational system?

As someone 'in the middle' I don't want any political activism in public schools.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Is it to honor fallen officers? Were there fallen officers on 9/11?

If honoring criminals is a social justice issue then honoring fallen officers is as well.
edit on 9/16/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
Is it to honor fallen officers?

It was created to honor officers shot in the line of duty and was a counter to the BLM initiative that started right before the flag was created. Zero to do with 9/11 and to say so is disengenous:

A pro-police movement called Blue Lives Matter was established in response to Black Lives matter and to the increasing attacks on law enforcement, which resulted in 63 officer line-of-duty deaths by gunfire in 2016. John S. Dempsey; Linda S. Forst; Steven B. Carter (January 1, 2018). An Introduction to Policing.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm right there with you. But as a poster pointed out earlier---the school made their bed and now they have to lie in it.

Protesting for BLM---okay. Protesting for police/first responders--indefinite suspension.

One can objectively look at this and see the ideological beliefs of the punishers on display. Well I'll be honest--either the administration is sympathetic to one cause over the other...or they are spineless. The heavy handed approach to something so benign says quite a lot.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

It's a whataboutism that the parents of that district need to address. But I personally think many of the parents are the instigators of this type of behavior with their passive-aggressive personal behavior on politics bleeding into their kids lives.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Again for those in the back. Statement from one of the CREATORS ....

"The thin blue line flag stands for the sacrifice law enforcement officers of this nation make each day. We ask our nation to hold faith with those that defend the thin blue line."
edit on 9/16/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Which was a direct counter to BLM as I posted and not about 9/11.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So no officers made any sacrifices on 9/11, that's what you're going with?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join