It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two HS Football Players Suspended Indefinitely for Carrying ‘Thin Blue Line’ Flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: alldaylong

"Thin Blue Line" has been a thing for longer then I've been alive.

If I remember correctly, it was first used by the New York Police commissioner in the 1920's sometime.

So, 9/11 victims will indeed have had the opportunity to hear the phrase used to describe the police.

The phrase " The Thin Blue Line " has been around as you correctly say for a very long time. However the " flag " hasn't.

I believe it came around 2014. So not before 9/11.

edit on 16-9-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
I'm not sure why it matters that this took place in Miami, Ohio, and how that makes this virtual signaling.

Because that flag has zero to do with 9/11, especially for non-police personnel.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thats weird i'm quite certain I saw a march of firfefighters and regular people this 911 carrying a thin blue line, and thin red line flag. Am I supposed to assume they weren't trying to honor the first responders which the flags represents, or?

Why would the kids even have to act, the school should have already had something planned if they were going to have a game on 9/11.

Does a POW flag only represent those post 1971?
edit on 9/16/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
Thats weird i'm quite certain I saw a march of firfefighters and regular people this 911 carrying a thin blue line, and thin red line flag. Am I supposed to assume they weren't trying to honor the first responders which the flags represents, or?

It's a flag for officers shot in the line of duty and had nothing to do with 9/11.

You want to use a flag to honor people on that day? Use an American flag, plenty more people than police officers died.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You want to use a flag to honor people on that day? Use an American flag, plenty more people than police officers died.

The most reasoned comment i have seen on this thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Only officers shot in the line of duty?

"The thin blue line flag stands for the sacrifice law enforcement officers of this nation make each day."

I'm not opposed to that sentiment, however I believe the reason we honor those specifically is because they rushed to their potential death to keep more civilians from being buried in the rubble.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

So what do you say no POW representation for anyone pre 1971, right?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Only officers shot in the line of duty?

Yeah, pull up its origins and get back to me. It has zero to do with 9/11 which is why you wont see it at the memorial.

You know what you will see? American flags.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Thats part of a quote from the creator in my last post to you.

It has to nothing to do with 9/11 specifically no. It has to do with honoring fallen officers, but just post completion of the design?

So again POW flag doesn't represent those that were captured pre 1971?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

It has to nothing to do with 9/11 specifically no.

Exactly.

These kids want to use it in a politicized fashion to counter protest BLM which is also political.

So again POW flag doesn't represent those that were captured pre 1971?

No, and neither does it represent a single action nor is it a flag of political activism.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

So what do you say no POW representation for anyone pre 1971, right?

As i am a non American i had to research what the " POW Flag " was. It states that this flag has been recognised by The U.S. Congress. Has the " Thin Blue Line " flag had the same recognition ?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

What does that have to do with anything?

You stated since the flags inception was post 9/11 that it does not represent those lost on 9/11.

If your logic holds it should be an easy answer for you?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: timequake
I'm not sure why it matters that this took place in Miami, Ohio, and how that makes this virtual signaling.

Because that flag has zero to do with 9/11, especially for non-police personnel.

And for some people, kneeling has zero to do with protesting police and everything to do with running down and disrespecting the country, but THAT was allowed with zero repercussions.

I guess your feelings on the thin blue line flag and someone else's, especially the kids of first responders, may vary. Just like my feelings on kneeling for the anthem and someone else's may vary, but I don't see the school punishing one form of expression because it makes some uncomfortable, just another.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It doesn't matter.

By your logic, any symbol we use remember anything or symbolize anything has to predate what it symbolizes or else it's invalid.

I guess that means a swastika is valid, but almost everything else is not.

edit on 16-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And for some people, kneeling has zero to do with protesting police and everything to do with running down and disrespecting the country, but THAT was allowed with zero repercussions.

Take it up with the school system.

I guess your feelings...

It isn't my feelings, it's the facts, that flag has nothing to do with 9/11 and it's a cynical use to counter protest BLM.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: ketsuko

The " Thin Blue Line Flag " is making a political statement.

If they wanted to honour the police and fire fighters they should have used a regular U.S. flag.

The BLM shirts are a political statement.

So, why the double standard? Can you answer that question?

edit on 9/16/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Ah, I see you've expanded your talents to mind reading now.

You *know* it for a fact, or that's just your personal feelings on it?

edit on 16-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You *know* it for a fact, or that's just your personal feelings on it?

Fact. The flag has nothing to do with 9/11 and only a cynical tool bag would think otherwise.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
No free speech in schools that’s for sure.
a reply to: ketsuko

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join