It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NSA chief Keith Alexander has joined Amazon’s board of directors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this but..

If you or anyone you know has an Amazon Spy Box, another amazon device or uses Amazon, you may find this interesting.

If you followed any of the Snowden stuff you may have seen the name Keith Alexander before. Kieth Alexander was NSA chief during the illegal spying being conducted by the NSA exposed by Snowden.

So what does this have to do with Amazon?, Well former NSA chief, Kieth Alexander has now joined Amazon's board of directors. Yes the man that allowed the federal government to illegally spy on US citizens now helps run one of the largest tech companies in the world that just so happens to manufacture a device that can be used to monitor within individual homes.

www.theverge.com...

Gen. Keith Alexander is joining Amazon’s board of directors, the company revealed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing today. (Alexander has also been added to the company board’s official site.) A former director of the National Security Agency and the first commander of the US Cyber Command, Alexander served as the public face of US data collection during the Edward Snowden leaks

Alexander is a controversial figure for many in the tech community because of his involvement in the widespread surveillance systems revealed by the Snowden leaks. Those systems included PRISM, a broad data collection program that compromised systems at Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, and Facebook — but not Amazon.

Alexander was broadly critical of reporting on the Snowden leaks, even suggesting that reporters should be legally restrained from covering the documents. “I think it’s wrong that that newspaper reporters have all these documents, the 50,000-whatever they have and are selling them and giving them out as if these — you know it just doesn’t make sense,” Alexander in an interview in 2013. “We ought to come up with a way of stopping it. I don’t know how to do that. That’s more of the courts and the policymakers but, from my perspective, it’s wrong to allow this to go on.”

Amazon was a leading candidate for a recent $10 billion cloud computing contract with the Pentagon, but it ultimately lost out to Microsoft. The company is currently engaged in a lawsuit against the federal government in connection with the contract, alleging that President Donald Trump’s personal statements against Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos biased the process against Amazon.

And perhaps coincidentally, Amazon's soon to launch a landlord management device based on Alexa. that landlords can install oh their properties to help them 'better manage tenants'.

Amazon’s announcement that it’s adding a new service to Alexa for landlords. It’s called Alexa for Residential that, according to Amazon, “makes it easy for property managers to set up and manage Alexa-powered smart home experiences throughout their buildings.”

Landlords can set special Alexa commands that will let their residents pay rent, submit maintenance requests, and manage other things that normally come with the territory of renting an apartment or other dwelling. And of course, it will still function as a regular smart speaker—dim the lights, get a weather report, all that jazz. Landlords can also remotely reset the device

There’s just one issue that Amazon doesn’t address in its announcement: the Drop In feature on Amazon Echo devices.

Drop In allows one Echo user to connect to another Echo user’s device, as long as that user has granted them permission. They don’t even need to be in the same household. As long as both devices are connected to the internet, Drop In functions like a Zoom call. With this feature enabled, you will be able to hear anything within the range of the device, see anything on the other side, in the case of an Echo Show, and also transmit your voice or video feed to the other device.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about with all this though. Though it does bring thoughts of certain devices from a certain dystopian novel I once read.

edit on 10/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Who would have ever thought that Amazon would become part of the MIC?

Why have a government when the Corporations hold all of the power?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Because the algorythms used by amazon were developed by uncle sam.

a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Possibly. But at this point in time, it's hard for me to believe that the government is capable of creating anything...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Hmmmm, I guess that mean's Amazon is really a front, those delivery drones are really mass surveillance tools and it's all so that this guy can get illicit images of Pamela Anderson with her top off (I know she is nearly as old as some of us so kind of like wrinkled two week old melons by now but still he is not exactly a spring chicken either so probably still has his teenage crush going on hahaha sorry could not resist).

Seriously though how better for an intelligence agency to move into mass surveillance of the public than through the wide open back door known as private company's which are also there front's or which they also have very close relation's, this is indeed very close.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yet another reason to not have any of these devices in my home. I've seen "funny" video's, of kids trying to talk to alexa. Just seemed like they were being trained to me.

Since I remember what is what like to have to change the channel, on the TV itself. So I can handle turning on light switch, or a radio. I don't want, or need even more invasion of my privacy, thanks.

But people are just gobbling this new tech up.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Because the algorythms used by amazon were developed by uncle sam.

More like the Amazon used by Amazon was made by Uncle Sam.
Who would ever forsee business going to the online model they designed?
When they have done nothing to stop Amazon from bulldozing small businesses and often subsidized our destruction, it's starting to look like a giant soft communist control of all business.

Time for a techno-douching. All these shill ic companies need dissolved.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What part of silicon valley isn't a spook run operation.
The lazy controlling class has dreamed up our techno-jail futures.
Time to go low-fi.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was bit shocked earlyer when i happened to read about amazon having own face recognition, Amazon Rekognition.

Amazon Teams Up With Government to Deploy Dangerous New Facial Recognition Technology

Amazon...the surveillance company

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
not everyone is gobbling this tech up.

I would say 50/50

Just like politics

everything in my house is off the net except for my phone and pc's when i am using them. then I turn them off.

a reply to: chiefsmom

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Certainly miss the good ole days....When businesses sole purpose was to make money. Now they want to rule the world!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Right?
I am not quite convinced these are actually companies. I think they were started with the intention of where we are now.
Control information and commerce.
To create a new standard.
All have some lame-ass cover front. A sap story involing a garage or dorm.
Reminds me of Lifelog and Facebook.

People need to drop the tech. Prison planet nerdware.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This story is a very good illustration of the fascist qualities of the US government and industry.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Just waiting on the CEO of Monsanto to go over to Whole Foods.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Traitors like that should simply just be fired...................................out of a cannon.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For years some folks have been saying that there's been actual Spyware embedded in some of our ICs, communication infrastructure and network backbones by Israel. Partnerships between Israeli companies and Silicon Valley tech are quite common so who's to say they haven't been listening, recording and monitoring us for awhile now. Gather some dirt on some important people and voila, puppets on a string.

Take it now to this announcement. Could our Government, using Amazon as a proxy, be working on their own little infiltration system using consumer devices as the courier? Not like they might not be doing that already but that's just a crazy theory I came up with

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Hmmmm, I guess that mean's Amazon is really a front, those delivery drones are really mass surveillance tools and it's all so that this guy can get illicit images of Pamela Anderson with her top off (I know she is nearly as old as some of us so kind of like wrinkled two week old melons by now but still he is not exactly a spring chicken either so probably still has his teenage crush going on hahaha sorry could not resist).

Seriously though how better for an intelligence agency to move into mass surveillance of the public than through the wide open back door known as private company's which are also there front's or which they also have very close relation's, this is indeed very close.

Bingo.

Amazon is everywhere what company isn’t? Facebook. Amazon is in your home, car, wallet - everything if you want it to be.

Facebook is also an extension of the government - they’ll never get shut down without a replacement. Far too valuable.

Amazon is the same concept but for different details. Way way too much valuable information about the US population is collected by them to see anything happen to them.

Between Amazon and Facebook, what else do they need to do in depth surveillance on the US population?

Get inside your body.

This is where I think Tesla will ultimately fit in. NeuroLink, nano robot tech, etc. for the medical field. They’ll be the ones who break the final frontier of privacy. Apple could be a player here too but I’d argue Tesla is the winner.

For a user Of these services or devices the Feds will know who you’re with, where you’ve been, what you buy, how much you spend, who you bank with and then all sorts of data about your body. All of this can be used so many ways.

The mosaic is almost complete. Frightening.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Again, Amazon literally accused Trump of unprecedented corruption in a public letter and less than a week later it effectively brings the NSA on board.

Alexa, what is everyone in the world doing right now?

Hollywood couldn't even write this script — brought to you by the CIA, NSA, and the richest technocrat in the world.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Who would have ever thought that Amazon would become part of the MIC?

Why have a government when the Corporations hold all of the power?

Because the govt is the middle management for them.

Govt controls the market and the consumer and the big oligarch control the govt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join