It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National guard to temporarily replace violent cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Since the government will send in the National Guard during civil unrest, then why don't they send in the National Guard to replace murderous/violent police officers or entire murderous police departments temporarily until professional police officers who are well trained are ready to replace them?

Police officers can be murderers/rapists/abusive people just like any other human. That individual or individuals should be instantly replaced by National Guard. The government is so quick to send in National Guard to assist the police during riots, they should do the same when the police are "rioting." To me this action seems the most American/Patriotic. Police attacking people goes against everything.

And I'm talking the National Guard stays in their army uniform to clearly send the message.

Does anyone know if this is a possibility? Seems very logical and moral.

Under the Posse Comitatus Act Link National Guard is not prevented from acting as law enforcement.

The act gets it's name from Posse Comitatus link

The posse comitatus (from the Latin for "power of the county"), in common law, is a group of people mobilized by the conservator of peace – typically a sheriff – to suppress lawlessness or defend the county.

So why doesn't the government want to surpress lawlessness? Police brutality is lawlessness.

Interesting enough there was a posse comitatus group link

The Posse Comitatus (Latin, "force of the county")[1] was a loosely organized, far-right populist social movement in the United States starting in the late 1960s, whose members spread a conspiracy-minded, anti-government and anti-Semitic message in the name of white Christians to counter what they believe is an attack on their social and political rights.[2]

Maybe I answered my own question, but in theory I think replacing violent cops with National Guard until a professional cop can refill the position should be the way to go.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Because untrained guardsman with bigger weapons are better than the cops already trained and in place? No thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

That will help. You're right.

To fight police brutality we need soldiers.

When the soldiers get out of line we'll replace them with armed drones.

When the armed drones get out of line we'll replace them with social worker drones (note to drone industry, please begin work on this ASAP!)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Here is a thought. Ban so called internal investigations. Instead, all deaths or injuries involving police would go to an independant national board for review.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Having untrained guardsmen and reservists wouldn't work. No specific training, no consistent use of force training, no in depth knowledge of the laws.

Plus, you've got a bunch of nut jobs already calling the police the gestapo...imagine whats going to happen with the policing is done by military units....

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
They police have internal affairs to deal with that, maybe that just needs an overhaul.

Also comparing the police who have 'some' bad apples, to the "protests" who have a fk ton of bad apples seems unbalanced.

Apples and oranges?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

The government is so quick to send in National Guard to assist the police during riots, they should do the same when the police are "rioting."

You know “rioting“ Is a word with a precise definition. Adding quotes around that word doesn’t excuse you from conflating what the police do with rioting.

Since “the gubment” is so quick to send in the national guard, I must ask, what level of civil insurrection should the nation be willing to put up with before calling upon those naughty nat guards?

edit on 9/10/2020 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

then why don't they send in the National Guard to replace murderous/violent police officers or entire murderous police departments temporarily until professional police officers who are well trained are ready to replace them?

Police officers can be murderers/rapists/abusive people just like any other human. That individual or individuals should be instantly replaced by National Guard.

Crikey, the National Guard must be clean. Can't be:-

"murderers/rapists/abusive people just like any other human."

Didn't know they filtered them. Must be robotic.

My regards,

Bally eh?

edit on 10-9-2020 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Crikey, the National Guard must be clean.

Plaster saints, Bally.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Because untrained guardsman with bigger weapons are better than the cops already trained and in place? No thanks.

To be fair , most guardsman have had more training than police have.

They still have to go through boot camp , which is longer than what police go through, and most guard at this point have been deployed in police actions over seas, actually dealing with people.

That being said, im not in favor of the military being brought in, I think what Trump did deputizing people who are already familiar with their community is the right way to go.

But please lets not disparage people that honestly have more training than your average cop that gets hired on and has to go through that minal officers course.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Defund the police then you turn around we need some kind of security lol

I cant take idiot brains seriously.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Everyone knows that the NG are cyborgs that never have any emotions and would never be violent in any circumstance nor would they be murderers/rapists/abusive people like the humans they would replace.

For reference, see the documentary "Robocop."

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
States already have their own military units under governor command which can be mobilized .
Learn of the US before posting.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The police in general don't have loads of people waiting to join their ranks, a lot of them come from the military background. It is a dangerous and stressful job, you are firing cops you had better have a surplus of recruits ready to come in.
edit on 10-9-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Federal Military Overwatch .Military Rules applied to LEOs and Military Tribunals to settle any related issues.End of corruption.End of Union problems end of Legal Obstructions end of The Thin Blue Line -- beginning of political disavowment .
edit on 10-9-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Please find me ONE "murderous police force" in the United States that you think should be replaced by an organization whose primary job is to kill people and blow # up?

Better yet, find me a community that would be better served as a result of this asinine proposal.
edit on 9 10 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Please find me ONE "murderous police force" in the United States that you think should be replaced by an organization whose primary job is to kill people and blow # up?

Better yet, find me a community that would be better served as a result of this asinine proposal.

I stopped reading the OP when I got to “entire murderous police departments”. I don’t think hyperbole is strong enough of a word for 2020.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The militarism of our police departments is what has escalated this problem to start with. I blame Hollywood in part for conditioning us to the acceptance of the changing in vision and expectations of a neighborhood police officer from protect and serve, to you submit or die.

In areas I call the badlands, and every area has their on version, as such, police were known, respected or feared. This behavior was not put in check and as always, it bled through to the outside, until we have a problem that is highly noticeable and the hemorrhaging needs to be stopped.

Anything that is corrupt, will start to stink and will eventually become intolerable. The longer you allow the corruption to go on, the harder it is to correct. Throwing fuel on the fire is not a good plan, unless you want to start from scratch from the ashes. Even then you may not end up with a better system, just a different one.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BalderAsir

Having untrained guardsmen and reservists wouldn't work. No specific training, no consistent use of force training, no in depth knowledge of the laws.

They only need to know how to shoot and follow orders. I don't like it.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Who are they replacing the violent protestors with?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join