It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine wondering why ATS is suffering when the answer is right there...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Everyone, at least the 'mainstayers' are up in arms. How has a site like this, a popular go-to conspiracy site, resorted to practically begging members to extend it's life? What possible reason could that be...

This is why. This was the best conspiracy site to go to, and over time, it became a political cesspit. You click on new and look at the sub heading and it's depressing. Biden this, Trump that. Even r/conspiracy is being brigaded with blatant political BS. It's disgusting!

Yet the claim is that the site isn't doing so good, no crap? People come for the conspiracies and all they get political BS.

Rather than look for donations, look to your origins, ATS.

Go back to your roots and stop catering to left OR right BS.

We're here for conspiracy theories that are supposed to be 'Above Top Secret'

You sold out to the politics game like so many others...

Why would you do that and then wonder why your revenue is down?

Do you think maybe your original base (the majority of your users) just got sick and had enough of politics?

Do you want this site to survive? Limit the politics...

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Unfortunately it's too late nothing ever goes back it only moves forward.

Most look at me as a new member , but I was here back in 2006-7 under another name before I joined the Military. This site had some of the best subject matter intellectuals I've ever seen , there dedication to fact checking and research was unparalleled.

I came back in 2019 , yes it has changed .

Politics is like a reality TV show that people hate but they simply cannot stop talking about it , it's fake , it's an act but none the less I find myself arguing it's merits constantly . Some members say to just ignore the politics but it's hard to ignore when the homepage is constantly filled with political posts.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If you do not like the politics then ... don't click.

One reason for the lack of real conspiracy threads is than many conspiracies switched their rating from conspiracy to Truth.

That little journey heads into politics as people are actually arrested for what was once thought of as nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

Humans as currency is now being dealt with.

Wakey wakey, the world is turning.

P

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Amen.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The political BS being spread around is the biggest conspiracy in many years. I just wonder how so many people can blindly believe what politicians say. Years ago my father told me not to ever believe a politician, they are all full of themselves. But people are siding with these deceivers instead of focusing on just having a separate society from politics, and politicians are getting greedier and greedier trying to make things up to gain campaign contributions so they can get wealth from being in Congress or the white house. We elect the best deceiver for president and to represent our states in the house and Senate. They are bombarded daily by expert deceivers lobbying for the people who hire them to do it.

It is not illegal to deceive someone or to talk them into buying something they are not looking for. As long as it is done the right way. The reason for this is because our nation's leaders are always selling us a load of crap, they constantly deceive the public but do it in a way that is legal. Both major parties do this and the media is their loudspeaker, the Democrats have way more loudspeakers presently, but will probably still lose the presidential election because they believe Americans are blind and dumb and can be tricked into believing their lies. They are overconfident enough to tout a candidate for the presidency that is too old, and he picked a running mate that is a fluent deceiver, full of her own beliefs and is strongly opinionated, she was not Biden's best pick, Rice would probably been a better choice.

Lately politics is about as real as the show DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

If you do not like the politics then ... don't click.

One reason for the lack of real conspiracy threads is than many conspiracies switched their rating from conspiracy to Truth.

That little journey heads into politics as people are actually arrested for what was once thought of as nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

Humans as currency is now being dealt with.

Wakey wakey, the world is turning.

P

Yes,Conspiracy has morphed into Truth Seeking....and all roads lead to Rome which means by proxy Politics.....which brings us to the Hub of the Wheel of Evil.... the Amalgamation of Evil the world is now remediating Globally and simultaneously have and are still planning and attempting to commit CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY....HUman Currency and the constellation of diabolical dynamics attatched to that idealism support a lust for biological human materials that preliminary evidence is showing was shared spread sold and marketed to many complicit People Globally.

Personally as a multiple Abductee Victim I had hoped for a Day when the World would in unison recognize the truths surrounding us all and validate the experiences of Millions of Human Abduction Victims....Im still waiting.

The truths are so Left-Field as to be considered the best most interesting spell-binding science fiction ever contrived.

Truth is a tricky Horse to learn to become friends with.....imagine a non-religous person...discovering the single most critical and biggest Secret to Mankinds health longevity and well being --- in Humanities History...then discovering that this same Secret was embedded in multiple doctrinal texts....you see only someone who LOVED HUMANITY....ABSOLUTELY LOVED ALL OF HUMANITY......would put this secret in a book intended to be spread to EveryMan and EveryWoman on the Planet.....only complete extreme LOVE would compel someone to publish this Secret for all to share with equality and equity in equal quantities.....so when you learn that the cause of and cure for covidcold/cancer and all diseases has been gifted to Humanity this way.....well you begin to rethink the entire religous idea.....you dont discard it because it displays the purest most altruisticly intended LOVE to be found in the Universe....

Its a real pweediciment.....because you must learn to incorporate politics reality and conspiracy all together in real-time to get a handle on whats cooking.

edit on 5-9-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This isn’t 2005 or even 2010, Social Media proliferation has us so connected that Politics is hard to keep out of the discussion.

It is the most Polarizing issue in America today, so why would you be surprised that ATS has a robust political section?

You do realize you can go to other forums beyond recent topics? There are plenty of conspiracy thread for you to consume, did you not see the high speed UFO thread?

Also, politics isn’t without Conspiracy itself, so it kinda kicks your assertion to the curb.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan
Do you think maybe your original base (the majority of your users) just got sick and had enough of politics?

Do you want this site to survive? Limit the politics...

I think limiting topics was the start of the downfall.
How many people left so they could discuss Italian food?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Nope.

Everything up, and down to,
the electromagnetic spectrum
is political.

Small wavelengths may be contained and propagated within ULF’s
for example,
through simple digital technology advancement.

Against a backdrop of
cognitive dissonant disbelief, options are limitless.

I am afraid that it is a new day, and that
politics matter.

# 1154

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Unfortunately it's too late nothing ever goes back it only moves forward.

Most look at me as a new member , but I was here back in 2006-7 under another name before I joined the Military. This site had some of the best subject matter intellectuals I've ever seen , there dedication to fact checking and research was unparalleled.

I came back in 2019 , yes it has changed .

Politics is like a reality TV show that people hate but they simply cannot stop talking about it , it's fake , it's an act but none the less I find myself arguing it's merits constantly . Some members say to just ignore the politics but it's hard to ignore when the homepage is constantly filled with political posts.

The whole shabang is a complete deception. It's designed to divide. Has anybody wondered how you can meet a stranger and generally get on with others but the world, or governments to be more precise, just keeps on fighting? I'm effin 40 year old and the world has been at war since before I was born... and then some. All. Because. Of. Money.

Money. A fiat currency. Pieces of paper that people worship because society deems it so. It's absurd. You had ten dollars in your pocket of the jeans you put in the washing mean? Too bad, it's washed away now, paper mache down the drain. A meaningless piece of paper that people thinks hold value, only because everyone else does. There's no way a model like that is sustainable, it's almost like it's designed to create turmoil, inequality, dependence and violence.

This is not good and only the people can rebel, but it has to be everybody.

F me, there's protests all over the world now. People have had enough of this BS and there's no way it's just going to go away, it's going to get much worse and you've gotta wonder.

Is it by design?

I wouldn't put it past the F******

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
Nope.

Everything up, and down to,
the electromagnetic spectrum
is political.

Small wavelengths may be contained and propagated within ULF’s
for example,
through simple digital technology advancement.

Against a backdrop of
cognitive dissonant disbelief, options are limitless.

I am afraid that it is a new day, and that
politics matter.

# 1154

There is no place for politics (the way it is now) in this world. It is taking front, left, right and centre stage and everybody is sick of it. We're sick of it here, we're sick of it on the TV, Radio, Internet etc.

A majority of people aren't interested in the fake stories published by the left and right. Two sides of the same coin. It's all BS, just talking heads spewing manure at everyone while they read from a teleprompter, it's all fake AF. It doesn't matter.

WE matter, not them. WE are the ones who ultimately decide how the world should be but it seems we have forgotten that vital point due to our enslavement.

Slaves to the $$$

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
ATS has always been pro government. 12 years ago we had Obama fanboys. Now its the Trump cult.
It has always been about embracing the ignorance instead of denying it.
Sure there were conspiracy theories but even back then it was mostly politics.
Then they introduced the mudpit, the cancer that has paralized this site and will eventually kill it off.
Worst decision ever.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

They started dictating what we could and couldn't talk about. A lot
of legitimate questions regarding certain events weren't allowed.
A lot of good questions got people banned. This CT site you say banned
some good members for telling the truth. The skeptics would always be
vindicated no matter how good the opposing argument. I never understood
the decorum. Some threads get to run wild with vicious insults. Then the
insulted person goes into a different thread and gets just a little rude but
not at all insulting. Wham slapped with a warning. And if you happen to
keep going in a thread that gets heated? Two hours later you think the replies
must be okay. You didn't get one action. Come back later and wham a mod
went thru and you got five warnings sometimes two for the same violation.

So those things just seem to happen sometimes with really no one to
blame. But the only thing is they often lose a good member that way. Did I
mention I think the mods are all really awesome. And do a hell of a job for this
place? Because they really do. But the censoring seems like that's where things
went south. It's conspiracy, people are gonna be offensive and be offended.

Moderate members posts but restricting what can and can't be talked about
in the proper forum? Great for the skeptic but it knocked the wind out of CT
posting and threads. No one wants to post a thread and risk getting pelted.
Politics you don't have any worries you're gonna get backed up by one side
or the other for sure.

So there's that!

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The point is, mate, that ATS is, excuse me, was, a conspiracy site and now it is, as you put it, robust in politics. So no, my assertion is no where near the curb. My assertion is completely correct. A conspiracy site is now mostly political, hence the dying fan base and pleas for for denero.

I agree with you on the point that politics isn't without conspiracy, that's a given. Those are perfectly acceptable. When general political discussion threads far outweigh conspiracy threads on a conspiracy forum that do not directly relate to a conspiracy, You're gonna lose your base. 100% everytime, all the time.

If I made a gaming website and people started posting biden bs and trump bs, it's no longer a gaming site. It then becomes a political outlet for whoever posts or shouts the hardest.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan
a reply to: Arnie123

The point is, mate, that ATS is, excuse me, was, a conspiracy site and now it is, as you put it, robust in politics. So no, my assertion is no where near the curb. My assertion is completely correct. A conspiracy site is now mostly political, hence the dying fan base and pleas for for denero.

I agree with you on the point that politics isn't without conspiracy, that's a given. Those are perfectly acceptable. When general political discussion threads far outweigh conspiracy threads on a conspiracy forum that do not directly relate to a conspiracy, You're gonna lose your base. 100% everytime, all the time.

If I made a gaming website and people started posting biden bs and trump bs, it's no longer a gaming site. It then becomes a political outlet for whoever posts or shouts the hardest.

Yep , 100% agree with you mate.

And I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who have 100,000 political stars filling butt hurt about it , but get over it Politics will be the inevitable death of ATS .

because Politics in and of its self is a Sham , it's a skit . And unfortunatly Even ATS has fallen for the sham I among them.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here in lies the trick.

The owners and staff do not engage in gatekeeping of topics save those that are afoul of the T&C. Some topics need to happen in certain areas. So threads do get moved to better suited forums and specific topics may have restrictions or simply disallowed, again with consideration of the T&C.

That said, if you want to talk about UFO’s, ghosts, lost tribes, etc in general no one is going to stop it. Same with politics in general. There is even an accommodation for mudslinging with in a single forum for those that want to do so. We do ask that you keep it out of the other forums...and do we ever ask...because we simply cannot move trashy threads into the Mudpit. If it is too muddy outside the pit, the thread gets trashed....and boy do we ever trash a lot of those threads daily.

So the claims of the entire board being a cesspool of the worst ilk of slimy political backbiting are exaggerated, save within a single forum that can be ignored with just the slightest of willpower.

And for those that say, “But Ahab, is there a way to sort threads so I only see the kind I want?” Yes there is. And this link presorts to Mysterious Topics because that is what you are really asking.

Now I have thrown that link out many, many times. And I still see familiar names in threads complaining about politics/ATS isn’t what it used to be (I’ve pulled up an old thread on that topic from 2004 and I don’t think it was the first). So I am left wondering if people really just want to complain or just not do for themselves and save that link as a bookmark?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Everything you said I am in full agreement with

Links from twytter and people spamming the same post in different threads to score political points, threads that have zero conspiracy angles just straight up MSM news articles. I wish ATS could have made a sister site instead for the politics and it could have been subscription based or driven by ad revenue.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The prevalent conspiracy of today is politics. Like it or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The easy way to avoid politics is this.
Save all the topics you are interested in in your "myATS" page.
Then simply bookmark your "myATS" page.
Then every time you come here, do it through that bookmark.
You will never see a political thread again.

If you cant be bothered to do that, then its on you.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It’s not just ATS it’s all social media, like you said even r/conspiracy has posters trying to push a particular side. We all know politicians tell us what they think we want to here, which ever side they are on. Then not follow through with their promises, if they do it’s in such a way that pisses off a lot of people.

GHCQ announced about 10 years ago it was forming a “cyber army” no doubt most countries have the same, what do you imagine these people do? Brigading? Yep, shilling? Of course? Sowing divisive political propaganda to further divide and conquer? Most definitely!

The MSM is so bad lately people are switching off in droves, the MSM is so desperate that now I see links to news story’s on my Firefox start page, and notifications coming up when I turn wi if on my phone. Anything for clicks and to get in our heads!

The glory days of the internet are long gone, now it’s become one big data harvest and people are sensing this and switching off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join