It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant woman arrested in Melbourne for Fb post!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I think this is insane.
But also her having an ultrasound scheduled is irrelevant. Yeah, it sucks, but unless it was to check the viability of the fetus, it isn't something that can't be rescheduled. The link posted further up makes a big deal saying she was "arrested moments before an ultrasound". Come on! If one side would stop with the pandering then maybe we could make progress.

Well I don't know what it is like in Australia but here in the UK, if you miss an appointment, you get in a bit of bother because they really don't like it. Especially during a lockdown, where I assume a certain amount of time is scheduled for the patient/mother and nobody else can quickly fill the spot.
And lastly, it may have been 'only' an ultrasound that 'may' be rescheduled but why should it be? Because the thought police says so? What if she is curious and really looked forward to it?
Ah sod her feelings, she can wait...right?
No, not in my reality.
It's disgusting and puts the baby in danger because she will be very anxious and worried because these brownboots deem stifling freedom more important than the wellbeing of a pregnant woman.
Don't even care if she exaggerated, it's her her right. She's done nothing wrong. Why are you trying to find something against her???

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I am in the US. And it is a bummer to have to wait for a glimpse of the baby.
I never accused her of exaggerating. As a matter of fact, I'd have said the same thing. I am referring to the media, playing it as if she were in danger of miscarrying.

Most pregnant women are tough. And if she was high risk, I think she or her partner would have mentioned it.

Why are you trying to find something against her???

Again, I am talking about the talking heads. It is pandering.
My first sentence says

I think this is insane.

Maybe you took it out of context? Maybe I didn't clarify that I thought the fact she was being arrestedwas insane. Point is, if the left made a mountain out of a mole hill, in a story that is actually a legit headline, the right would be screaming about it. If the people that want to fight tyrannical regimes want to be taken seriously they have to act seriously. The issue here is not about her missing an ultrasound, or that she is pregnant, but that she was arrested for a post on social media. That is all that matters. Everything else to elicit emotions and feelings of indignation is there to trigger and pander to the already sympathetic readers.
edit on 2-9-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Some of us mostly gave up on makeup long ago. I do it when I must, but most of the time I don't bother. My face hates it and breaks out.

link   
This is disturbing.

She didn't do anything wrong. It's like arresting for pre-crime, and that's assuming a protest is a crime.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have thought about not using it for a set amount of time. But then I started working again, and I actually enjoy it. It's fun to create looks, though sometimes the result is not nice.
I do wish I felt better about my bare face. I have no problem going out without it, but then I catch a glimpse of myself and think "oh... that's why I wear it a lot"

(post by KansasGirl removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: DwindlingHope

But this is laughable.
If they were sincere they would have taken the husband's phone.

I don't have my phone upload to the "cloud" but if someone was going into a ... disputed ... situation, it might be useful to set the phone to do that periodically and automatically.

They might take his phone, but the video will be available to him online, in other words.
edit on 2-9-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Your literally part of the problem I honestly hope your the first one they lock up when the NWO comes knocking on the door of your town. The fact that you dont see how dangerous that is to be taking place in a first world "free country" makes you literally part of the percentage of people that are arrogant and stupid enough to keep living in their society. Congratulations, your another sheep. Did you even read her post? It emphasized following mask wearing policy, being peaceful, and maintaining order and law in order to voice their rights and opinions that aren't being heard. If you dont see this as a problem then your grandparents and great grandparents that fought and died for freedom died for nothing. If that is how we view it then yes, we deserve everything that comes to us.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is disturbing.

She didn't do anything wrong. It's like arresting for pre-crime, and that's assuming a protest is a crime.

Just don't go on other social media places a view the comments. Most are praising and making fun of her and her family. Ya know because she's arrested and probably bankrupt for protesting a virus with a 99% survival rate.

Makes me appreciate our constitution

(post by DJMSN removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Let's assume the pandemic isn't a fabrication...

Under that assumption would your opinion change?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Traptomisprime
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Your literally part of the problem I honestly hope your the first one they lock up when the NWO comes knocking on the door of your town. The fact that you dont see how dangerous that is to be taking place in a first world "free country" makes you literally part of the percentage of people that are arrogant and stupid enough to keep living in their society. Congratulations, your another sheep. Did you even read her post? It emphasized following mask wearing policy, being peaceful, and maintaining order and law in order to voice their rights and opinions that aren't being heard. If you dont see this as a problem then your grandparents and great grandparents that fought and died for freedom died for nothing. If that is how we view it then yes, we deserve everything that comes to us.

So you endorse the NWO locking people away provided they disagree with you?
Let's be fair.

We are both part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

But this is laughable.
If they were sincere they would have taken the husband's phone.

I don't have my phone upload to the "cloud" but if someone was going into a ... disputed ... situation, it might be useful to set the phone to do that periodically and automatically.

They might take his phone, but the video will be available to him online, in other words.

Yes, that is true.

But both of us can't do it.
I doubt that was on her priority list either.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

How about more of a summary than your thread title?

He brought it to our attention.
That's enough.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2020blows
Who would have guessed that Australia was going to be the next Nazis.

Have you heard of Martin Bryant?

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I wouldn't be protesting with mass crowds during a pandemic whilst pregnant.

But that's her choice. Her body and all that...

Please, they didn't arrest her for endangering her baby, they arrested her for inciting a riot. Nothing in that post was about inciting a riot and that's a clear and dangerous precedent set in Australia.

I agree, it was pure intimidation for trying to confront her masters.
My assumption of her lack of respect for her unborn child during a pandemic is completely irrelevant to the situation at hand.

She's a good person, she's gonna have to wait a little longer for her mother of the year award however.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It was pretty damn harsh how those cops treated that women. I mean, her only real offence was being naive... It could have easily been settled by a simple phone call or email by Victoria police informing her that she’d need to obtain a permit before organizing a protest.

But having said that, I know from personal experience that the Ballarat police a notoriously harsh and just plain out of control in general.

I’ve literally had a copper pull me over in Ballarat for no reason whatsoever, who then run up, opened my car door and ripped me out... he had me on the pavement and was screaming “ your done, I know you’ve got drugs on ya!”... before I even had the chance to comprehend wtf was actually going on.

In the end he found nothing and had to let me go, and at the time I wasn’t in the position, or the frame of mind to lawyer up and take it any further.

But let’s just hope this incident helps expose those power tripping arsehole coppers in Ballarat, who think they’re above the law and can get away with whatever they want.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
I've gotta question the wording of "he found nothing".

In my experience police "incidents" only happen when someone has something they shouldn't.
I'm a scumbag with experience, and I've been a prick to many a policeman... But only when I wasn't at risk of being charged with something.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join