It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Making Parents Sign Waiver Agreeing Not To Monitor Virtual Instruction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oh no, they do not indoctrinate your children with political ideology and leftest sex centered obsession religion at all do they? Well, now they want their truth and "morals" if you could call them that to remain unchallenged. They are very aware that if parents knew what they were doing in the classroom to their kids that the parents would not tolerate it.

www.dailywire.com...

“So, this fall, virtual class discussion will have many potential spectators — parents, siblings, etc. — in the same room. We’ll never be quite sure who is overhearing the discourse. What does this do for our equity/inclusion work?”

I am most intrigued by the damage that ‘helicopter/snowplow’ parents can do in the host conversations about gender/sexuality,” he continued. “And while ‘conservative’ parents are my chief concern — I know that the damage can come from the left too. If we are engaged in the messy work of destabilizing a kid’s racism or homophobia or transphobia — how much do we want their classmates’ parents piling on?”

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's some bs.

i don't totally agree with your "they are evil left" reasons but If a parent wants to watch while their kid is being taught then they should have the right to do that.

In fact parents should be recording all of it and watching it when they can. So they can monitor what their being taught.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'll wager that many parents have no real clue what 'education' their children have been receiving in school. It might be quite the eye opener. Even caring, hands on parents don't know all. This is even more reason to home school.

Schools should be transparent about the information given to our children. If they want parents to be involved in their children's lives, let them really be involved. Don't shut parents out like they are evil overseers. If the education system has to hide the information they're 'teaching' our children, then there is obviously something wrong with/about the information that our children are being indoctrinated with.
edit on 22-8-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

This part is strange.

could overhear confidential information.

Like what??

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

seemed to be of concern to some teachers who see promoting “social justice” as part of their role as an educator.

Well # those educators, promoting social justice is not part of being an educator, educating children so they can become useful functioning adults is their role. People obsessed with social justice are the opposite of useful functioning adults.

What the # is wrong with spineless parents these days, if my school had ever tried to pull # like that on me or my siblings our parents would have lost their # on that school.
edit on 22/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Hahaha...
Useless educators.but its alright for a teacher to call the cops over a bb gun in a childs bedroom.
See the other ats thread
edit on 22-8-2020 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

What happens if you don't sign the waiver?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Stuff that. Sign the waiver to get the teaching but monitor em anyway.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
the real lessons kids learn should be on the playground when they can interact together, blow up GI Joes with illegal fire works, beat the hell out of each other and generally run free. I guess being encouraged to be glued to their mommy n daddies computer so mommies and daddies can argue with each other is better. Truthfully that is what this is about, making mom and dad argue with other moms and dads, kids garner nothing from this. They should just go out and play.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What happens if you don't sign the waiver?

They force you to have a sex change and they take your guns away and redistribute them to illegal cartel members all while making you water board yourself wearing a mask making fun of your brand new tutu.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Think there needs to a counter form from parents -

In the interest of helping my Child I have recorded the virtual session so as to allow them to review and confirm their understanding.

Do you have a problem with my child having the opportunity to review the lesson at a slower pace?

Teacher please sign or given reason for your refusal to allow this.

Thank you.

probably could do with some better wording but you get the drift.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is a real concern.

Our district is only online right now. We are in a conservative state/county/city and the ONLY thing the teacher has asked us not to be in the room for is the reading and math testing. But did we obey, NO. We didn't help with the tests but we did look and make sure that what we were asked to not be in the room for was testing - it was. We sat quietly off camera in the room while the testing took place, it was a real math/reading test. It was our responsibility as grandparents to make sure what our grandchild was doing online was exactly what we were told it would be.

We grandparents have been rotating "online" schooling with our grandchildren along with a certified teacher tutor. Their mother made a school schedule we all must follow from 8AM to 3:30 PM. Including art (looking at the masters online and then drawing in their style) ; music (listening to the masters of classics and reading their biographies). 30 minutes of solo reading book of their choice, handwriting (which is no longer taught at their level but much needed) - 2 additional reading worksheets and 2 additional math worksheets above the level they are being taught online. Science using online subscription kits with experiments. Spanish using online learning. Home economics, cooking/sewing/needle work. Then they go to a Ninja class for PE.

We are getting pretty good at it and if the school stays closed all year, who knows if we will even bother to enroll her in the district online program, we have learned we can do it ourselves and much much better.

Perhaps next year we will disenroll in public education and with a rotation schedule where each grandparent teaches one day a week and we have hired a certified teacher who holds our values to teach 2-3 days a week to make sure we are on track. Yes we are fortunate to be able to pay for a private tutor and science kits and "PE" classes, but the educational benefits are enormous.

If our district made us sign a something saying we could not be in the room during live online work (ONE hour per day - that's it) except for testing which for the next two weeks is an additional 30 minutes a day, and a few worksheets that take an additional hour to complete. We would withdraw immediately and do it ourselves, we can easily replace the one hour per day of online instruction offered by our elementary school. Sadly, we are in a district rated in the top 100 in the nation.

edit on 8/22/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'd really have loved to see 'em try to stop my parents from monitoring my education...even before the advent of on-line.

My parents were always, I mean always, involved with my teachers, the school admin, and everything else involving said education...

When I was a kid, this rankled at times... Now? Looking back over the years? Wouldn't change a damned thing. My five siblings and I were their world, or at least the most important thing in said world...and this was but one way they protected us.

I have no children, but I've helped raise more than one...and school work was part of it. I monitored a lot of it, and I'd really love for those teachers to attempt to keep me from said monitoring... Really, I would.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

((((APPLAUSE)))

Good for you!!

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Not should have the right.

Have the right. Outside of some nefarious illegality taking place, that right is inalienable.

(post by 5ofineed5aladder removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

No transparency . . . no accountability.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Always monitor your child while they are on the computer. Isn't this what authorities have been telling us for decades? Maybe it is part of the child sex rings. Is our school indoctrinating sexual behavior along with liberal ideal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join