It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Making Parents Sign Waiver Agreeing Not To Monitor Virtual Instruction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
To trust government employees with the establishment of ethics and morals of our children seems like a rather foolish proposition.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If this sh1t keeps happening, our future is 100% fked 😒

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

due to the potential of confidential information about a student being revealed,”

there ought not be anything confidential talked about in a class room.

math is not confidential.
science is not confidential.
english is not confidential.
or any other academic course.

if they are talking about some sort of indoctrination, which has been going on for many years under the guise of public schoolin, or some SJW school teacher expressing their option by telling the kids mommy and daddy are evil if they believe in the laws of the land, or orange man and his supporters are bad as fact.
that there is not confidential, in fact those teachers and administrators should be taken to task for even trying to do such a thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Sign the waiver, but have someone else sign your name, then when they claim you signed it and agreed to not listen in, you can legally claim you didn't sign it.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Seems like an open admission of presenting children with “the correct” world view and they’ll be damned if you parents want to say otherwise...

So the question is, how much of the state do we want influencing our children as we raise them? Or would we rather give them up to play with Instagrams and youtubes and enjoy some govt weed. Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Thanks I'm going to try something similar if they try to force mandatory vaccinations for covid in AusUSSRalia

should find some sucker who'd take the free shot for a six pack of beer

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Schools should NEVER be a place of opinion. It should be a place of learning facts. No matter how harsh.

I was there for the beginning of the indoctrination. I graduated in 1990. There was a severe switch in teaching styles about 1988. Teachers never used to give their opinion on anything, just teach.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Brotherman, you are spot on!! just look at these riots in the cities. Those people, I would bet, never strayed far from their mommies apron strings and could do nothing wrong. I believe these riots are a result of that and the indoctrination these kids go through in school!!

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

sure nothing in schools is confidential apart from anything under GDPR

but it should all be available from FOI
since its all publicly funded right so what do they need to hide from anyone
if its all government funded and school curriculum is state approved or , gov approved.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

What the # is wrong with spineless parents these days

my friend has five kids and was a boxer who kicked my ass just for fun and i'm no slouch, it would be hilarious to see you call him spineless to his face.

How parents educate their kids is not your concern, or mine. My friend home schools his kids with his partner and if he wants help with teaching, he will ask. I will not intrude or interfere.

Judge lest you be judged.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Our district skipped waiver and just went straight to making it the curriculum. Now we know they're teaching it if we stick our kids in the school. The battle to figure out what exactly they mean to teach and how has been joined.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You have obviously never coached a Little League team and dealt with parents who always want to involve themselves. a reply to: infolurker

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Typical red state, going to sh#t pushing authoritarian dictatorship said no one in this thread. Everyone losing their mind about the "left" completely ignoring this is Tennessee. Talk about disingenuous pseudo intellectuals.

The problem is they know people like those on here will want to monitor every second, yell at the teacher about anything they don't like even when it's 100% factual and make a "hit list" of kids you will order your kids to stay away from or confront with the propaganda you put in their heads. As well as the fact schools can't trust you not to spread personal info you over hear. It not the schools fault adults are so irresponsible they have to make this rule. Even more hilarious it's a red state, they know how you are!

Parents have always been able to attend their kids class when in person was possible and you can still watch online once and a while to be sure the system is working but they don't want you monitoring 24/7 just so you can push your agenda on the class and bully your own child with fake news. Like that poor little kid forced to wear a MAGA hat and then ordered by his parent to fight adults.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

And you've never had a child who's been bullied by his teacher.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's not in the red states where the cities are burning.

You want to see why cities are burning, you let the teachers push this stuff into your kids' heads. A lot of those rioters are white kids trying really, really hard to be allies and convince the world they aren't the horrible white racists the schools have taught them they are.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am sure all education regarding Sexual Health has been taken over by the UN all over the world:

The Canadian Guidelines for Sexual Health
Education have adopted a working defi nition
of sexual health presented by the World
Health Organization (WHO) because it
recognizes the complexities of sexual health
as well as an individual’s sexual health rights.

guidelines-eng.pdf

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Feel ya on this one. We had a mom here that was threatened with CPS because she insisted on being present. They were making noises about child neglect, etc. I've met those kids. They are the most polite and well spoken kiddos. So very friendly as well. The school system here in town is garbage and the teachers are SJW busybodies.

My middle daughter came home very upset one day because the teacher asked where their favorite place to visit for summer was located. My kiddo is American and most of her relatives are in Texas. So of course she chose Texas. The teacher was a condescending ass and got nasty about her choice of the US over Canada. That was just the tip of the iceberg though. Anti-American rhetoric in school lessons is pretty common here.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Basically every interaction outside instruction the tea her has with the students is confidential. Teachers must have certifications in their state which meet national standards and that always includes all instruction and interaction being protected under FERPA, Family Education Rights Privacy Act. In reality, a non certified teacher isn't even supposed to be able to hear you call a a students name and follow it up with a gender specific pronoun since gender, age, parental status,grades etc
Everything is al protected.

So protected there was once a teacher at a school I taught at. She said, "Congratulations, you got a perfect 100%," in regards to a test. The parents sued since grades are one of the most protected....why grades post on the wall by student ID not name
..and the parents won. 50k from school district and 50k from the teacher herself it was really overkill and greed but that's FERPA. Unlike NCLB it is very important if you know its ins and outs.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And you've never had a child who's been bullied by his teacher.

No. It's no my fault you sent your kid to a crappy school and didn't do anything to stand up for them.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

A lot of those rioters are white kids trying really, really hard to be allies and convince the world they aren't the horrible white racists the schools have taught them they are.

News flash a lot of them were born in Red States and got sick of that cr#p and got out to a large blue city. So red states ramming crap down their throat made them go so far left. Good for them they are showing they don't want that garbage forced on them anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join